What a frustrating game | Syracusefan.com

What a frustrating game

We're just not very good.

If we were very good we would have seen our team listed on the top 16 seeds. I'm well aware of the fact we aren't very good. Plenty of "not very good" teams make the tournament. My post was entirely related to the seemingly random miscues we had all game that killed us or led directly to pitt run outs. I've never seen so many.

If we were very good we would have seen our team listed on the top 16 seeds. I'm well aware of the fact we aren't very good. Plenty of "not very good" teams make the tournament. My post was entirely related to the seemingly random miscues we had all game that killed us or led directly to pitt run outs. I've never seen so many.
They're not random. They happen a lot every game. They happen because we're not very good. And fundamentally we're awful.

Down by 5: Roberson let's ball role through his legs for a turnover while trying to complete an elementary underhand toss to Gillon for a WIDE OPEN transition 3 with Lydon & Co. crashing for the putback if necessary.

Down 4: Gillon passes up a great look from 3 for multiple seconds & then throws a low pass that goes through Lydon's hands out of bounds.

2 biggest mishaps of the game. Also Roberson slipping as he went up after catching the dump-off & blowing the layup. So frustrating.

Most frustrating thing for me was Pitts defense on White. I think he got 7 of our first 15 but then didnt score again until late in the second half. That can't happen if this team wants to compete.

Maybe the most frustrating all season given how many random miscues and loose balls, misses in the paint, and not grabbing the ball when we seem to have it.

Wow.

It was a Pitt game. They should replace waterboarding terrorists and make them watch these games instead. I am so fing pissed off right now I can't see straight.

Down by 5: Roberson let's ball role through his legs for a turnover while trying to complete an elementary underhand toss to Gillon for a WIDE OPEN transition 3 with Lydon & Co. crashing for the putback if necessary.

Down 4: Gillon passes up a great look from 3 for multiple seconds & then throws a low pass that goes through Lydon's hands out of bounds.

2 biggest mishaps of the game. Also Roberson slipping as he went up after catching the dump-off & blowing the layup. So frustrating.

This is just how we play against Pitt. It has been this way for more than a decade.

you have to be more specific with which Roberson blown lay-up you are referring to. He had at least 4, two of which lead directly to Pitt dunks. Roberson was the difference in this game. Stop recruiting players that can't catch

Pitt is an odd team - clearly lack of true PG and Stallings' inability to coach defense have hurt them but they've shown in spots that they can be really good - pummeling Maryland on the road, beating Virginia, outplaying and almost beating NC on the road - but then drubbed at home a few times... but the core of Artis/Young/Jeter/Johnson is high quality

Most frustrating thing for me was Pitts defense on White. I think he got 7 of our first 15 but then didnt score again until late in the second half. That can't happen if this team wants to compete.

Thats because Lydon was a no show.

Pitt is an odd team - clearly lack of true PG and Stallings' inability to coach defense have hurt them but they've shown in spots that they can be really good - pummeling Maryland on the road, beating Virginia, outplaying and almost beating NC on the road - but then drubbed at home a few times... but the core of Artis/Young/Jeter/Johnson is high quality

They are a bad team, they are 3-9 for a reason.

That play, and the one where Roberson missed the jam which led to a fast break basket in transition--4 point swing--were the two that were most costly today, IMO.

Following the game on "live stats," :rolleyes: it seemed as though every time we got close in the 2nd half we couldn't stop them from dropping an answering three.

Following the game on "live stats," :rolleyes: it seemed as though every time we got close in the 2nd half we couldn't stop them from dropping an answering three.

It really wasn't even that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom