What a great day its like Christmas morning | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

What a great day its like Christmas morning

dasher said:
I took that down. the name was Zimmerman. And he wasn't a cop but he thought he was one. So I guess the NCAA was correct to slam us because we also have history. Got it.

Apples and oranges.

dasher said:
And you were asked this earlier, what evidence was there that he was involved in deflating footballs? The Federal Judge couldn't find any and the NFL lawyer didn't offer any. Maybe you know. What was the evidence?

The evidence is their history and common sense. I answer that too.

You are smarter than that. How about he is texting another woman? I ask again, would you trust the NFL not to leak that? Not a chance. How about he texted someone that he hates Bill B.? Would you trust the nFL to keep that a secret. Not a chance. His phone was a red herring for a side that had no evidence at all against him. And a Federal judge just told you that.

You're really reaching here. The federal judge talked about the process, not Brady's phone, in terms of justification for his ruling.

Destroying evidence in the investigation. Why would he destroy his phone?
I have told you three times. There could be all sorts of things on his phone that he wouldn't want anyone else to see. Conversations with a woman not his wife. Statements about his coach. You are stuck on the phone. Every lawyer on tv pro or con on Brady admits that it is a red herring. he doesn't have to turn his phone over. This is still America. And the NFLPA and his lawyer asked him not to because they didn't want that to be the precedent. I guess you are saying that without his phone, the NFL had no evidence. That, I agree with. Just so you know, the NFL had every text he sent the two ball boys. They got them from their phones. Which were not private phones like Brady but owned by the Patriots. The NFL admitted that during the hearings. the whole phone thing was sent out there to make Brady look bad. The NFL had no evidence and to make matters worse they ran a unfair hearing. And today, they paid the price for it.

He also said in court that there was no direct evidence against Brady. That sounds innocent to me.

Because there is no phone, right?

You're really reaching here. The federal judge talked about the process, not Brady's phone, in terms of justification for his ruling.
I don't have to reach. He talked about the evidence during the hearings. Or lack there of.

I have told you three times. There could be all sorts of things on his phone that he wouldn't want anyone else to see. Conversations with a woman not his wife. Statements about his coach. You are stuck on the phone. Every lawyer on tv pro or con on Brady admits that it is a red herring. he doesn't have to turn his phone over. This is still America. And the NFLPA and his lawyer asked him not to because they didn't want that to be the precedent. I guess you are saying that without his phone, the NFL had no evidence. That, I agree with. Just so you know, the NFL had every text he sent the two ball boys. They got them from their phones. Which were not private phones like Brady but owned by the Patriots. The NFL admitted that during the hearings. the whole phone thing was sent out there to make Brady look bad. The NFL had no evidence and to make matters worse they ran a unfair hearing. And today, they paid the price for it.

New England still has a 10 year history of cheating. That's why nobody believes him.

No. You aren't listening. The NFL had all of the texts that Brady sent. All of them. That isn't in question. Review the hearing. They had them from the ball boys. The phone is put out there for people that only hear headlines. Bad optics.

New England still has a 10 year history of cheating. That's why nobody believes him.
Are you still including knowing the rules better than anyone else as cheating? The Jets have been caught cheating more times than the Pats but they don't get headlines because they are the jets. Teams lose to the Pats and they cry and chant cheaters. I'm not a Pats fan and maybe I would feel different if my team lost to them, which they never seem to. But I don't think so. Matt, are Syracuse University basketball cheaters? We have the same history.

Well, a Federal Judge, whose court was hand picked by the NFL, just ripped the NFL for this farce. I think it was more than process when he tore about the Wells report during the hearing. When he asked the NFL lawyers what direct evidence that they had. When the lawyer said none. I think he believed Brady. Ask yourself one question, why didn't the NFL allow Jeff Pasch do we questioned during the Brady appeal? And again, why would they not allow Judge Berman to question Jeff Pasch?

I respect what your saying. You honestly didn't know much about this case and I can respect that. Goodell cuts every suspension every time they are appealed. They didn't cut Brady's because he wasn't going to let their Marshall law/Kangaroo Court convict him of something they had nothing on him to prove. Goodell LIED about Brady's testimony I am sorry that is so undereported in this case its unbelievable. Then the NFL forum/venue shopped this case into Manhattan Federal Court and got its butt kicked.

If the NFL appeals, I will definitely review the record. The NFL may have picked this venue because they feel good about their appeal prospects. Again, I do not know at this point.

Are you still including knowing the rules better than anyone else as cheating? The Jets have been caught cheating more times than the Pats but they don't get headlines because they are the jets. Teams lose to the Pats and they cry and chant cheaters. I'm not a Pats fan and maybe I would feel different if my team lost to them, which they never seem to. But I don't think so. Matt, are Syracuse University basketball cheaters? We have the same history.

They used a spy cam on opposing teams. When did Syracuse put cameras in the other team's locker room, to hear their game preparations? Did we use cameras to figure out teams' signals in football ahead of a game?

As for "knowing the rules better" than Baltimore, the rules require you to notify the official if a lineman is going to be an eligible receiver, and they didn't, right?

I don't see the connection to Syracuse basketball. In the old days, the penalties were preferential treatment for athletes at local stores, use of autos, etc., but I didn't see anything about us cheating on the court. As for the "modern day" violations - Southerland and Fab Melo both missed games and paid the price for their eligibility issues. The penalty was already paid. So, no, I don't see the connection at all. Did the Patriots have to forfeit any of their Super Bowls?

Not what I heard on the dumb enough part. Is that the king of sarcasm part?

Guess you're dumb enough, so sorry if I offended you. :D

I feel so bad for Sean Payton and Jonathan Vilma. I was ignorant on that case. They got screwed 100%. NFL Front Office is so shady and ESPN is so bad. Between Chris Mortensen, Kelly Naqi, and those player analysts.

You forgot Incognito. He got screwed too. Jonathan Martin is out of the league and proved he wasn't tough enough to make it.

First off I'm a Saint's fan, but I'm on Brady's side here. You're smarter than this bees. Follow the facts of the case. Theres no evidence that proves he cheated. The PSI measurements were manufactured by the NFL and given to the mothership to report. The NFL used ESPN to manufacture the evidence of the case.

Brady could of said that he wanted the PSI to be on the lowest side of legal possible, but we will never know. The colts also had balls below the legal limit in the AFC title game. Why is that? Can you answer? Was it the weather?

By the way Brady(your so called cheater) played better in the second half with regulation balls than he did the first. You can't even prove that deflated balls are an advantage at all. If anything you can prove they were a hindrance to his performance.

Montana a winner huh? How about those passes he threw to Jerry Rice that were caught using stickum? What's worse here?
Hasn't Rogers said he intentionally has the balls over inflated? Where is his suspension?

Hasn't Rogers said he intentionally has the balls over inflated? Where is his suspension?

The officials can't even be trusted to inflate the balls properly. If you read Jastermki's texts you will see they had them at 16 psi during the jet game last year.

I think Andrew Luck should be suspended too then. The Colts had underinflated balls as well.

Did you see what happened with his emails?!?! I'm not giving the NFL my phone either. All they are going to do is send it to Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen.

And you were asked this earlier, what evidence was there that he was involved in deflating footballs? The Federal Judge couldn't find any and the NFL lawyer didn't offer any. Maybe you know. What was the evidence?
People can't wrap their heads around this. Also, to the people who say the Pats have cheated What does Belichick taping teams have to do with Tom Brady.

Please stop with the phone. It is such a bad argument. First Ted Wells told Brady he didn't need his phone. Their is no obligation for players to give their personal phones to the NFL. Also, the NFL got the spread sheet from Brady's team of every phone number he sent a text too and gave that to the NFL it was disclosed in the NFL arbitration hearing. The NFL didn't give a crap about the phone they used it to make it look Brady look guilty. You have bought that hook, line and sinker.

If the NFL appeals, I will definitely review the record. The NFL may have picked this venue because they feel good about their appeal prospects. Again, I do not know at this point.
NFL has appealed but trust me based on this court filing
https://cbsboston.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/bermandecision.pdf

Good luck for the NFL attorneys finding what Judge Berman overreached on. Berman followed the SOR of the 2nd circuit to a tee. This decision is not going to get overturned. Due process was violated and Berman dictated it. Also, Berman left two of the NFLPA's bullets in their chamber for the Court of Appeal hearing. The NFLPA gave Berman 4 grounds to vacate and in this decision he only used 2 of them. This case is over and Goodell was owned. His legal counsel is gonzo.

You are better than this. I mean c'mon what evidence is their previously against Brady? You can't use Belichick's history against Brady. The freaking Wells Report said Belichick did nothing wrong. You can't use Belichick against Brady that such a bad argument. I guess any Yankee should be held liable for A-Rod's history if they get caught.

So basically JB should get no benefit of the doubt for 1993?

Why are there Brady defenders on my TV saying that "if the NFL had just given him a fine instead of a suspension this would have been long over". Even some people in various Brady threads said the same.

Think about those words.

Why are there Brady defenders on my TV saying that "if the NFL had just given him a fine instead of a suspension this would have been long over". Even some people in various Brady threads said the same.

Think about those words.
Because the fine would have been for not cooperating with the investigation. Which is a reasonable finding. No player has ever been suspended for that. Brett Favre got a 50k in 2010 for that very offense. Brady's lawyer to settle this matter offered a fine based on that Favre precedent.
That had nothing to do with ball deflation.