What a great day its like Christmas morning | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

What a great day its like Christmas morning

dasher said:
The owner doesn't have rights. He would have to sue himself. The kid is at Foxboro every day so I wouldn't count on him being unemployed. That was reported in the Boston Globe over the weekend. And it was clear (common sense) that Kraft wanted his cooperation to help Brady. He said as much last week. Brady never said he would pay a fine. Never. Ever.

Nice spin. Fact is, the Pats paid a fine. They fired 2 employees. That's a fact even if the NFL asked them to. Brady didn't cooperate with the investigation. Many of his supporters said a fine would have been OK. Many players have said he knew. The Pats have been caught cheating before. And other times suspicious of it. Where there's smoke there's fire.

Common sense.

HE ORDERED THE DEFLATION OF FOOTBALLS.

there is NO DOUBT that he did so.

NONE.

He very well may have, but he could of said to deflate them to the lowest legal air pressure possible. Nobody knows.

Once again the PSI numbers were manufactured by the NFL and ESPN, so people like you have been brainwashed.

Cusefan0307 said:
They didn't get fired they work for the "Corporation".

Are they still the ball boys?

Does Ted Wells need to tell Brady that there is a penalty for destroying his phone? I'm not so sure about that. It's an important question I think. Anyway, this case is about the CBA it seems to me, and that is the real reason why the NFL would appeal the decision. But really, I'm likely to change my mind if I spend more time and actually read the decision and the record. Lol
As a lawyer I am sure you aware of the law of shop. The CBA requires players be on notice. No where in the rule books does it say players can be suspended for this. The NFL had no precedent and went Beyond the CBA by saying brig generally aware was sufficient to be penalized. Or else if a player is generally aware their teammate was taking PEDs he could be suspended based on the NFL's logic.

Bees, CuseinVt, kaiser you guys don't want to discuss the facts. So to prevent being banned I can't engage you guys.

Are they still the ball boys?

We will find out next week. I heard on the radio they need to be reinstated by the NFL, not sure if that's true.

I understand a lot of the Patriots hate, but I think some of you guys are focusing your anger in the wrong areas. This is a huge win for unions, and it exposed not only The NFL, but ESPN as well. The bottom line is Chris Mortensen, like Mark Schwartz should be fired, or someone in the NFL needs to explain how Mort exaggerated the under inflation of the footballs, and explain why one or two of the Colts balls were also underinflated.

Brady was just a pawn in this anyway. The NFL wanted to use him because they knew they could never get Belichick (who they wanted), and the PA used him to advance their CBA bargaining chips.

I am. The NFL manufactured the psi numbers to ESPN and Mortensen. If this wasn't the Patriots more people would be fuming. Since its the Pats everyone wants them to suffer.

I can't believe more people aren't angry at the fact ESPN and the NFL acted together to escalate this story. Ring a bell to anyone? (Hint hint mark schwarz)

Did you read the Wells report? The Patriots balls were significantly underinflated and the Colts balls did not lose air at the "same rate" as the Pats balls. Not even close. And this wasn't the first time the Pats pulled this nonsense and we all know it.

Bees, CuseinVt, kaiser you guys don't want to discuss the facts. So to prevent being banned I can't engage you guys.

I would love to discuss facts.

1) Were the balls underinflated?

Jägereski is already working for the Pats again. They have him working for the "magazine" but he is doing his normal work. As the NFL has no jurisdiction over the magazine.

Alsacs said:

Which one of these is not a fact?

Pats paid a fine

Pats fired/suspended ball boys

Brady did not cooperate with investigation

Supporters of Brady have come out and said a fine would have ended this

Some NFL players have said Brady knew

The Pats have cheated before

Everyone a fact. Now based on those facts, I am allowed to form an opinion. My opinion is, based on the above facts, he cheated and the Pats knew it.

Did you read the Wells report? The Patriots balls were significantly underinflated and the Colts balls did not lose air at the "same rate" as the Pats balls. Not even close. And this wasn't the first time the Pats pulled this nonsense and we all know it.
You didn't read the Wells report. The ideal gas law should have been between 11.3 and 11.55 based on the science in that report.
The Colts balls were 13PSI pregame 3 of the 4 tested were below 12.5
The Pats balls were 12.5 PSI pregamr. The pats balls were used 20 minutes in the first half and 11 minutes in the 2nd quarter.
The Colts balls weren't all tested at halftime and sat in a 70 degree room while the Pats balls were tested.
Why didn't the NFL document what those balls were pregame? They have no clue if any manipulation took place.

Alsacs said:
Jägereski is already working for the Pats again. They have him working for the "magazine" but he is doing his normal work. As the NFL has no jurisdiction over the magazine.

So the pats caved cause they knew they were wrong? Maybe they brought him back in a different role so he wouldn't talk? What about the other ball boy? Was he taken care of?

Pats paid a fine

Everyone a fact. Now based on those facts, I am allowed to form an opinion. My opinion is, based on the above facts, he cheated and the Pats knew it.
Pats paid a fine because Kraft didn't want to go Al Davis.
The Pats were forced to suspend by the NFL not there choice.
Go read Ted wells he said Brady fully cooperated.
Brady offered a fine to get this whole stupid thing done with because money is nothing.
What players on the Patriots said he knew? Were these players former rivals with an axe to grind?
Pats cheating before is pointless as Brady had nothing on his record and the Wells cleared the team of everything

So the pats caved cause they knew they were wrong? Maybe they brought him back in a different role so he wouldn't talk? What about the other ball boy? Was he taken care of?
Okay this trolling. Should JB be liable for the academic advisors writing Fab melo's paper?

Honestly if people have not followed this from the beginning they should know the facts or say they haven't followed from the beginning.

Pats paid a fine

It's fair to have that opinion, but do you think the information you posted should be enough to suspend Tom Brady for four games? Shouldn't the NFL need some proof?

You didn't read the Wells report. The ideal gas law should have been between 11.3 and 11.55 based on the science in that report.
The Colts balls were 13PSI pregame 3 of the 4 tested were below 12.5
The Pats balls were 12.5 PSI pregamr. The pats balls were used 20 minutes in the first half and 11 minutes in the 2nd quarter.
The Colts balls weren't all tested at halftime and sat in a 70 degree room while the Pats balls were tested.
Why didn't the NFL document what those balls were pregame? They have no clue if any manipulation took place.

I'm looking at it right now. What does the amount of time they were used in the game have to do with anything?

The lowest measured ball for the Colts was 12.15. The ref remembers 13 was what they were going for from his pre-game estimates so that would be a difference of 0.85.

The lowest measured ball for the Pats was 10.5. They were all set at 12.5 or so when they were taken out to the field (before the bathroom break). That's 2 psi. Much, much bigger.

I have no idea what you are talking about for the Colts balls sitting at 70 degrees has to do with anything. The Pats balls were in the same room at the same time. You think it took them long enough to measure the Pats balls that the Colts balls were so much more inflated?

Why didn't the NFL document those balls pre-game? I have no idea and imagine they wish they had. I have a supposition though. I imagine they thought the Colts were using some gamesmanship on this issue and didn't expect the Pats to actually be doing what they've been accused of (and proven to have done) and thought it would be no big deal. But when they started measuring the Pats balls at half-time they realized the balls had actually been tampered with.

I just looked at the Ideal Gas Law section again (page 113 of the report) and you accurately stated what the balls should have been. You left out the next sentence. "Most of the individual Patriots measurements recorded at halftime, however, were lower than the range predicted by the Ideal Gas Law." Why would the Ideal Gas Law work for the Colts balls but not for the Pats balls?

donniesyracuse said:
It's fair to have that opinion, but do you think the information you posted should be enough to suspend Tom Brady for four games? Shouldn't the NFL need some proof?

Never felt he should have been suspended 4 games. Never said it either. I thought it should have been 1-2 games.

I'm looking at it right now. What does the amount of time they were used in the game have to do with anything?

The lowest measured ball for the Colts was 12.15. The ref remembers 13 was what they were going for from his pre-game estimates so that would be a difference of 0.85.

The lowest measured ball for the Pats was 10.5. They were all set at 12.5 or so when they were taken out to the field (before the bathroom break). That's 2 psi. Much, much bigger.

I have no idea what you are talking about for the Colts balls sitting at 70 degrees has to do with anything. The Pats balls were in the same room at the same time. You think it took them long enough to measure the Pats balls that the Colts balls were so much more inflated?

Why didn't the NFL document those balls pre-game? I have no idea and imagine they wish they had. I have a supposition though. I imagine they thought the Colts were using some gamesmanship on this issue and didn't expect the Pats to actually be doing what they've been accused of (and proven to have done) and thought it would be no big deal. But when they started measuring the Pats balls at half-time they realized the balls had actually been tampered with.

I just looked at the Ideal Gas Law section again (page 113 of the report) and you accurately stated what the balls should have been. You left out the next sentence. "Most of the individual Patriots measurements recorded at halftime, however, were lower than the range predicted by the Ideal Gas Law." Why would the Ideal Gas Law work for the Colts balls but not for the Pats balls?
I like your posts so out of that respect I am tired of debating this with you. I get your position and you get mine.
The Court said the NFL couldn't suspend Tom Brady 4 games. You can think whatever you want beyond that.

I like your posts so out of that respect I am tired of debating this with you. I get your position and you get mine.
The Court said the NFL couldn't suspend Tom Brady 4 games. You can think whatever you want beyond that.

Answer this question. Do you believe these two equipment guys altered game balls on their own?

Never felt he should have been suspended 4 games. Never said it either. I thought it should have been 1-2 games.
Shouldn't the NFL need some kind of proof to suspend him for one or two games?

Page 114 of the Wells Report -

In all scenarios considered, Exponent determined that the additional reduction in air pressure exhibited by the Patriots game balls was unlikely to have occurred by chance.

What else do you need to know?
I would tell you to read the AEI report which showed how Exponent's procedures weren't right and couldn't be duplicated.
Brady's team in the appeal hearing brought the Dean of Yale University to show the flaws of that science.

Alsacs said:
I like your posts so out of that respect I am tired of debating this with you. I get your position and you get mine. The Court said the NFL couldn't suspend Tom Brady 4 games. You can think whatever you want beyond that.

You're the one that told everyone to read the Wells report. He is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom