What a great win! | Syracusefan.com

What a great win!

JrodCuse

All Conference
The team really needed this. Great offensive performance by Amba. The defense did what they had to and Dungey looked good. Overall a good team effort against a peer program. Back to .500 football at 2-2 and hopefully the majority of you will step back off the ledge now and put away the pitchforks aimed at Babers and Co.

This is a young team that will grow over the next 18 months and let's just enjoy the ride and watch the progression from the offense, defense and coaching staff.

Even if we do win, I wouldn't say it's a "great" win. This is comming from someone who is suppppperrrrr biased. I got orang glasses on all day everyday.

It's freaking uconn. Great 7 point win?! Should have won by 21. Dungey couldn't hit the broadside of a barn for most of the game. Offense left a ton of points out there. Running game was non existent.

It's freaking uconn. Great 7 point win?! Should have won by 21. Dungey couldn't hit the broadside of a barn for most of the game. Offense left a ton of points out there. Running game was non existent.

Much needed win but geeez ED missed a million throws. With no pressure throwing off his back foot. We should have buried this team, but at the same time, its a much needed win.

You really posted this while it's still a 7 point game.

Yea from the 4 yard line with 2 minutes left. Sheesh gotta complain about everything huh?

Much needed win but geeez ED missed a million throws. With no pressure throwing off his back foot. We should have buried this team, but at the same time, its a much needed win.

he missed 5 throws by like 5 yards EACH (even the 1st TD was an AWFUL throw that was at least 5 yards short of intended). but then he made unbelievable throws too that were dropped - the ball off the hands of phillips that would have been 7. the pass to ishmael at the end which was an easy 7 but he fell.

the worst decision though was on 2nd and 1 and he tries to buy time so he runs backwards and gets sacked for a loss of 11. at worst he should have dove forward for a loss of 1 or 2. at best, throw the dang ball away and take the 3rd and 1. score was 14-7 and we were approaching midfield. that was the momentum swinger IMO.

I agree, ED was not that sharp today, BUT, It all worked out in the end...stop premature posts please, lol.....

Yeah we needed the win but honestly the offense really shot themselves in the foot a lot today. Defense played well but again it's uconn.

And yes, this is a great win. This team isn't good. We HAVE to beat our peer program teams, doesn't matter if we win by 1 or 91, just win. The growing pains this team is going to go through this year are real and if we can get to 6 wins somehow magically then that is one hell of a season.

he missed 5 throws by like 5 yards EACH (even the 1st TD was an AWFUL throw that was at least 5 yards short of intended. but then he made unbelievable throws too that were dropped - the ball off the hands of phillips that would have been 7. the pass to ishmael at the end which was an easy 7 but he fell.

He missed ett on a skinny post for a td in the beginning of the second half. Underthrew it by 10 yards. Easy td. Also 4 or5 other throws flicking the ball from his back foot. He is better than that and i am his biggest fan. He is better than that. Great win nonetheless.

He missed ett on a skinny post for a td in the beginning of the second half. Underthrew it by 10 yards. Easy td. Also 4 or5 other throws flicking the ball from his back foot. He is better than that and i am his biggest fan. He is better than that. Great win nonetheless.
This transition has been a lot to learn and deal with , the new conditioning the hundreds of additional throws etc . He gets an A++ in my book at this point .

I love Dungey. Think he's great and will smash a lot of records.

But he's been making a lot of throws with poor form. Sometimes that happens under pressure, but he's not stepping into throws consistently. Relying on just his upper body way too much.

I think he'll fix it and we'll keep rolling. Good win today. We're getting there.

But he's been making a lot of throws with poor form. Sometimes that happens under pressure, but he's not stepping into throws consistently. Relying on just his upper body way too much.

I think he'll fix it and we'll keep rolling. Good win today. We're getting there.

My point exactly. Ty. Be happy your take will not be taken as having an agenda. Its fb talk. We are 2-2 and nds defense is swiss cheese! But, we will need to pressure that nd qb. Go cuse!

That said, the fact he pulls off what he does is a tribute to his athleticism! But he does need to solidify his mechanics to be elite, which i think he can be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom