What annoyed me most about this game | Syracusefan.com

What annoyed me most about this game

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
is wasting an opportunity to get Roberson some minutes. I'd feel much better about this loss if we at least started preparing Roberson and/or someone else (Maybe BJ?). You can't tell me we don't have talent on the bench who at the worst won't kill us for a few minutes a game. It's bad enough to get outrebounded and outhustled. It's worse when there's no thought to how to improve it for later in the season.

I was actually surprised to see Roberson out there. JB seems to be going out of his way to play anyone down low other than Roberson. Don't expect to see much of him this late in season unless under dire circumstances. He'll have to wait til next year for meaningful PT...like it or not.

I love him but JB kills me almost every year with this, we play 7 guys all season and by the end they are exhausted, one or two are hurt or academically ineligible and his replacement cant hack it in the tourney because he has no game minutes. I die a little bit whenever lose but I would take 1-2 more regular season losses to be healthy and have more experienced depth come tourney time. Roberson actually didn't look bad today with a few solid post moves late in that game. Ron Patterson is a good three point shooter and a compitent defender, worthy of a two minute heat check in any game where the offense is struggling badly. 9 guys is enough to give some short in game rest to everyone and you can shift Silent-G back and forth from G to F as needed.

I hate posting after a loss and this completely apply to this game except jeremys injury but its just eating at me.

We got blasted by 19 and a freshman who has not played a lot this year doesn't play and that's what annoys you most? How about the getting blown-out part?

There is this crazy obsession where people are overindexing that not playing Roberson is the answer to our offensive woes. Why? Because our O has sucked and the answer must be the shiny-new-toy we know little about?

We need Grant's back back. We need Cooney to cut to the hole much more. We need XMas to play like he did at the end of January. We need the players who got us to 25-0 to play like they HAD been playing the final five minutes of each game previously.

Those believing Roberson is the antidote to the recent slide better be prepared for further frustration.

We got blasted by 19 and a freshman who has not played a lot this year doesn't play and that's what annoys you most? How about the getting blown-out part?

There is this crazy obsession where people are overindexing that not playing Roberson is the answer to our offensive woes. Why? Because our O has sucked and the answer must be the shiny-new-toy we know little about?

We need Grant's back back. We need Cooney to cut to the hole much more. We need XMas to play like he did at the end of January. We need the players who got us to 25-0 to play like they HAD been playing the final five minutes of each game previously.

Those believing Roberson is the antidote to the recent slide better be prepared for further frustration.

Because i think playing Roberson is in our control. The other stuff wasn't yesterday. We need to accept that Grant might not be 100% and try to adjust and think of an alternative plan for the rest of the year.

Last edited:
so in your mind you play a freshman (that quite frankly has not played well) for a few extra minutes in a game (on March 1) that was tied in the second half (on the road, against the best team in the conference) and that somehow qualifies as "development"?

so in your mind you play a freshman (that quite frankly has not played well) for a few extra minutes in a game (on March 1) that was tied in the second half (on the road, against the best team in the conference) and that somehow qualifies as "development"?

It's hard to play well when you're barely on the court-See Boeheim's own comments about Cooney's play from last year. I think from the moment Grant has been struggling with his back, Roberson should have been playing at least 15-20 minutes per game. Put me on the list of willing to accept an extra loss or two if it makes us a better team for the tournament, though I don't think playing Roberson over Gbinije at the 3 makes us more prone to losing, anyway.

Yeah my complaint wasn't really about how much time Roberson got Saturday its about how much time he and Patterson have gotten all year. It would be nice to have a reliable game tested freshmen come off the bench in the case of an injury or only to give guys a short rest. They have sat basically since we played Eastern Michigan that amount of time on the bench hurts your in game play or at least doesn't help you improve when we are in a jam and need an extra guy on the court.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom