What are the backup plans at SF for 2017? | Syracusefan.com

What are the backup plans at SF for 2017?

Alsacs

Living Legend
We all want Tucker. He is plan A.

What is plan B and on for the SF position if we don't get Tucker?

Fifth year transfer, then Dolezaj.

I think that the staff might actually consider bringing in Dolezaj to round out the class, but he likely wouldn't be able to start next season. So it is Tucker or bust, then crossing our fingers that there would be a starting caliber 5th year transfer out there if Tucker opts to go elsewhere.

It really makes me wonder what the plan was if Lydon came back :confused:

Fifth year transfer, then Dolezaj.

I think that the staff might actually consider bringing in Dolezaj to round out the class, but he likely wouldn't be able to start next season. So it is Tucker or bust, then crossing our fingers that there would be a starting caliber 5th year transfer out there if Tucker opts to go elsewhere.

Has there been any actual reports on the issues with Dolezaj? Last I saw, a month or two ago, we were in solid shape with him. I know people are worried about him being cleared, but outside of general guess work has there been any information to back those claims up? I could definitely have missed the update from one of our people "in the know" but I also know that message boards can sometimes run with a thought that turns into reality. I only ask because given our potential options I really like this kid and am looking for some clarity. Would love the class of Tucker, Ayala and Dolezaj to round this year out

Has there been any actual reports on the issues with Dolezaj? Last I saw, a month or two ago, we were in solid shape with him. I know people are worried about him being cleared, but outside of general guess work has there been any information to back those claims up? I could definitely have missed the update from one of our people "in the know" but I also know that message boards can sometimes run with a thought that turns into reality. I only ask because given our potential options I really like this kid and am looking for some clarity. Would love the class of Tucker, Ayala and Dolezaj to round this year out

I haven't read any specific info about him in quite a while.

We are Syracuse, we should not be in this type of predicament. We should have had a plan B all along. I think G-MAC told Tucker we backed off him because of Lydon and we could only offer him 15 minutes per game. First off, the staff must have known there was a solid chance of Lydon leaving. Two, so what if he was only gonna play 15 minutes per game. Let it be Tucker's decision if he is a plan B, but don't just back off. Was the staff that turned off after his first visit here,( not going down that road here), but am I missing something?

We are Syracuse, we should not be in this type of predicament. We should have had a plan B all along. I think G-MAC told Tucker we backed off him because of Lydon and we could only offer him 15 minutes per game. First off, the staff must have known there was a solid chance of Lydon leaving. Two, so what if he was only gonna play 15 minutes per game. Let it be Tucker's decision if he is a plan B, but don't just back off. Was the staff that turned off after his first visit here,( not going down that road here), but am I missing something?

Good post.

I think the reality is that Randolph was actually plan A, and the staff expected him to commit on his visit last September, but things went awry.

Tucker is the plan B. Now, he happens to be a TERRIFIC plan B, with all of the tools to be an NBA prospect. So we may have lucked out by being able to get back involved with him. Hope it pans out.

Good post.

I think the reality is that Randolph was actually plan A, and the staff expected him to commit on his visit last September, but things went awry.

Tucker is the plan B. Now, he happens to be a TERRIFIC plan B, with all of the tools to be an NBA prospect. So we may have lucked out by being able to get back involved with him. Hope it pans out.
Agreed. This issue is we should not have ever written off plan b. We should have been pursuing all of our options. I know I have posted this 100 times or more but it drives me crazy.

We're a selector school aren't we? We should just go out and pick the best available point guard and small forward at this point. That makes the most sense.

We should be at this point, that's why I am tired of hearing people talking about Gtech and how they are just as good as us.

We should be at this point, that's why I am tired of hearing people talking about Gtech and how they are just as good as us.

Well, we're not a selector school. We're not Tech bad but we're clearly trending downward and that is a big time issue. The ship needs to be put back on course, don't think that happens this year with recruiting, hope the staff brings their A game next year.

Nobody is saying that...

You just refuse to accept a kid living in ATL might actually choose to stay there and go to GTech.

Nobody is saying that...

You just refuse to accept a kid living in ATL might actually choose to stay there and go to GTech.

Well, it's not like he grew up in Atlanta. His family only moved there last year.

Proximity to family is a huge factor.

There are still those 18 year old kids that see college as a way to get away from family...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom