What can we do to help | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What can we do to help

lol good luck. We have guys who are 23 years old that can install a better offensive system than JB.

The offensive system doesn't matter if players are missing shots. Getting open looks has not been a problem.

I'm a diehard fan for 40 years. Cuse basketball is and always will be the most fun time for me each year. I find myself criticizing the players, the coaches, and the system. This negativity is tiresome and not helping. I hope to god the players don't read this board. Our poor attendance at the garden is one thing that falls on us. It was not 50/50 in stands although uconn is closer. I feel like I'm kicking a puppy who keeps peeing on the rug( of course I would never do that but some folks take everything literally here. If we aren't part of the solution we become part of the problem( sorry for cliche). I want to find a way to pump them up. A full page in a local newspaper stating " we believe in you" would be a good start.
Goose, you are talking about what can YOU do, since YOU is all you are even remotely capable of controlling. But it's a very good question. I know that I need to do everything I can to lighten myself up. That means I don't read all the posts or even visit the board after a loss. Sometimes I goof around a little, get a little cray cray. As silly as this sounds, I sometimes think of each player and send them some love/good energy. I go to every game and I cheer my a** off and I never EVER yell at the players.

I take these games way too personally and it strikes me that if I feel this way, how must our players feel? That is not a happy thought. And I do think it's okay to acknowledge distress/disappointment/worry on the board. That is one of its functions, although admittedly that can wander into dangerous territory. I think the admins do a great job of allowing free speech, although I know sometimes threads get nuked and I think the admins do a great job with that as well!

These are things to ponder deeply. I hope you and I figure it out.

The offensive system doesn't matter if players are missing shots. Getting open looks has not been a problem.

I don't really agree with this. Just because White, Lydon, etc. have green lights all the time doesnt mean some of their shots are good shots. One pass and a chuck without making the defense work much isn't going to cut it. Dribbling the ball into the ground, then playing hot potato, and finally someone shooting a desperation 3 before the shot clock expires aren't good shots or good offense even if these guys can potentially make them. It was pretty much one-on-one chucks against the cupcakes but now against better teams that junk isn't there to be had, or, if they do actually have rare open looks they aren't falling. Generally, we are incapable these days of scheming to get open looks. It's sad, really.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom