What changes would you like to see in college hoops? | Syracusefan.com

What changes would you like to see in college hoops?

Alsacs

Living Legend
Realistic changes I would add.
1. Allow players to sell their likeness for money.
2. Allow schools to pay for players who declare for the draft travel costs. One of the reasons players hire agents is they pay all the costs to travel around.
3. Create a champions league style competition for previous years conference champions and additional spots for the better conferences.

Other changes.
1. Make the 3 point line the FIBA distance.
2. Widen the charge circle around the rim.
3. 4 ten minute quarters with a 24 second shot clock.
4. Advance the ball in the final minute with a timeout.

Change the charge rule by widening the circle. Change the continuation rule(College hates and 1's).

Give the coaches a challenge flag. The officiating is deplorable and it has been really apparent in this tournament.

Let players market their likeness.

2. Allow schools to pay for players who declare for the draft travel costs. One of the reasons players hire agents is they pay all the costs to travel around.
3. Create a champions league style competition for previous years conference champions and additional spots for the better conferences.

Other changes.

Players can not leave till after soph season. Move 3- point line to NBA line

Other changes.

I really disagree with #4. I've always thought that rule in the NBA was silly but I may be able to be persuaded. Tell me why a team should be able to advance the ball past half court simply by calling a TO?

I love the Champions League style tournament. I once said that'd be a cool for college football -- take the P5 champs and the best G5 team and do two round robin pools of 3 teams each with the winners facing off.

I'm not sure a 24 second shot clock would work that well in college though. The players aren't nearly as skilled as the NBA and it could lead to a lot of sloppy, forced possessions.

Other changes.
As far as 1 and 2 are concerned - force the NBA to create a minor league system so the OADs et al. don't play in college.

#3 in the other category is extremely distasteful. I HATE the National Bricklaying Association and don't want to see it infect college more than it already has. As far has having 4 quarters is concerned, 2 chances at playing for the last shot is more than enough, thank you, we don't need 4.

Let's boil the NBA down to its real essence and save everyone a lot of time. 2 guys from each team have a game of HORSE from beyond the 3-point line; 2 guys from each team have a slam dunk completion; and then the teams play 5-on-5 for 2 minutes. At the start of the 2 minutes, they use a lotto machine to pick out a ball which lists who's ahead and by how many points. Two points to the winners of the competitions and 3 points to the winner of the mini-game. The teams with the highest point totals for the year make the playoffs in some system that has nearly everyone make the playoffs.

1. 24 second shot clock
2. Push out the 3 point line

Alsacs, why do you want a European style league?

Stop the clock with under a minute in the first half after baskets. I hate seeing a team hit a shot with 5 seconds left and the clock run out before the other team can even inbound it. Why should the clock stop in the 2nd H but not the 1st?

1. 24 second shot clock
2. Push out the 3 point line

Alsacs, why do you want a European style league?
Teams are jacking up 3's.

Move it out further. 24 second shot clock is to make the tempo of the game faster. Teams are milking the shot clock more today to shorten the game.

I want to see a more exciting game.

Players can not leave till after soph season. Move 3- point line to NBA line
Not an NCAA rule.

Best bet would be for the NBA would be for players to be drafted or play professionally before college or if they go to college, they're there for two seasons minimum.

As far as 1 and 2 are concerned - force the NBA to create a minor league system so the OADs et al. don't play in college.

#3 in the other category is extremely distasteful. I HATE the National Bricklaying Association and don't want to see it infect college more than it already has. As far has having 4 quarters is concerned, 2 chances at playing for the last shot is more than enough, thank you, we don't need 4.

Let's boil the NBA down to its real essence and save everyone a lot of time. 2 guys from each team have a game of HORSE from beyond the 3-point line; 2 guys from each team have a slam dunk completion; and then the teams play 5-on-5 for 2 minutes. At the start of the 2 minutes, they use a lotto machine to pick out a ball which lists who's ahead and by how many points. Two points to the winners of the competitions and 3 points to the winner of the mini-game. The teams with the highest point totals for the year make the playoffs in some system that has nearly everyone make the playoffs.
HS is 4 quarters
College is 2 halfs.
Pro ball is 4 quarters.

I just want conformity was why I said 4 ten minute quarters.

The reason I want the ball to be advanced via a TO is to create exciting last minute moments.

Not an NCAA rule.

Best bet would be for the NBA would be for players to be drafted or play professionally before college or if they go to college, they're there for two seasons minimum.
The NBA owners had their chance when the latest collective bargaining agreement was negotiated and they passed. The agreement that baseball has really works well (basically, sit out the draft for 3 years if you go to college) and I was really surprised that both sides in basketball didn't agree to that structure as well.

I'd agree with that but only if they are allowed to enter the draft out of highschool. The players should have some sort of choice which they don't really have right now.

They have a choice, they can go play overseas if they want and make some money.

I'd like it if the ref didn't have to handle the ball on out of bonds plays. Like international rules. It would cut down on a lot of belly-aching about ref calls and it would keep the game moving.

Not an NCAA rule.

Yeah the one and done is part of the CBA.
Owners want it to be 2 and done but unless they give the players something it won't change.

No changes. I hate the 10 minute half's. I hate moving the line back. I hate 6 fouls. I really hate moving the ball up court. Makes no sense to me. I could be persuaded to widen the arc under the basket.

I HATE the idea of a 24-second clock. Can you imagine more inept SU offensive sets each game?

Move the 3-point line back - FIBA, not NBA. Imagine how spread out the zone would be if the NBA 3-point line were instituted? Yikes, so many dunks allowed...

Advancing the ball with a TO is just stupid and should be eliminated from every level of basketball and never discussed again.

Other changes.
Disagree with #1. It will only give large state schools with crazy boosters (like UK, KU, UNC, Oregon) an even bigger advantage in recruiting than they already have. It will be open bidding for players. #2 is a good idea.

I would change the penalty for a flagrant foul. I would give two shots and the ball or allow the shooting team to forfeit one free throw and be allowed to punch either the fouler or the coach in the private parts.

I would change the penalty for a flagrant foul. I would give two shots and the ball or allow the shooting team to forfeit one free throw and be allowed to punch either the fouler or the coach in the private parts.

I love the absurdity of this post. And I completely agree with it!

I love the absurdity of this post. And I completely agree with it!
Thank you, and after some consideration, I would like to amend my idea. The receiver of the nut shot could be either the fouler, the coach or Grayson Allen, if he is in the building as either a player (even if he is your teammate), coach, official or spectator.

Thank you, and after some consideration, I would like to amend my idea. The receiver of the nut shot could be either the fouler, the coach or Grayson Allen, if he is in the building as either a player (even if he is your teammate), coach, official or spectator.

Oh, if he took a path into doing color commentary, that would be spectacular. And would last a lot longer...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom