What changes would you like to see in college hoops? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

What changes would you like to see in college hoops?

#1 has to be adopting the baseball rule for basketball. Allow players to go straight to the NBA draft out of HS if they want to. If they decide to go to college, then they must stay for 3. This will also help solve the problem of players and idiot sports talk people constantly crying about "getting paid" to play college ball since the kids that are concerned about getting paid can declare right out of high school and won't waste their time or ours playing college ball.
I don't think players in college basketball or football are going to get paid. It will cause too many equity issues with other scholarship athletes & title 9 etc.
In my opinion, this change will make college basketball better because there will be more continuity with the programs and we won't have to see a revolving door of guys auditioning for the NBA.
Possible biggest plus - eliminating the aggravating discussion on this board about whether some player is going to leave for the NBA after a 20 point performance against Siena or Boston U

#1 has to be adopting the baseball rule for basketball. Allow players to go straight to the NBA draft out of HS if they want to. If they decide to go to college, then they must stay for 3. This will also help solve the problem of players and idiot sports talk people constantly crying about "getting paid" to play college ball since the kids that are concerned about getting paid can declare right out of high school and won't waste their time or ours playing college ball.
I don't think players in college basketball or football are going to get paid. It will cause too many equity issues with other scholarship athletes & title 9 etc.
In my opinion, this change will make college basketball better because there will be more continuity with the programs and we won't have to see a revolving door of guys auditioning for the NBA.
Possible biggest plus - eliminating the aggravating discussion on this board about whether some player is going to leave for the NBA after a 20 point performance against Siena or Boston U
As I said before, the NBA owners and players could have adopted the draft rules baseball uses into the collective bargaining agreement they just signed, but, for reasons known only to them, they chose not to do it.

Wasting your time. God that is gold. I hope more people read that.

And this is an NBA RULE.

I've always thought the NBL players would like the three and done rule to ensure more money for the veterans. Can't think of a reason the owners wouldn't like it either.
As nine one seven says, it's up to the NBA.

They would probably get a great influx into d league as a bonus.

Pay every D1 scholarship player 500.00 per week as long as they maintain good academic standing. Fund this from the TV contract for the tournament. Also fund insurance policies for each player projected to be selected in the 1st or 2nd round.
In short provide the kids with more than adequate spending money. Provide insurance for those who have a legitimate chance to make the league and most importantly control it and make it uniform.

100 teams with 12 scholarship players is 1200 kids receiving 500 each per week. 2.4m per month.
28.8m per year out of a Billion plus annually. It is nothing but it would really help. 2000 a month is significant. It is more disposable income than most American families have per month. It would take the pressure off and i believe would keep many kids in school.

Pay every D1 scholarship player 500.00 per week as long as they maintain good academic standing. Fund this from the TV contract for the tournament. Also fund insurance policies for each player projected to be selected in the 1st or 2nd round.
In short provide the kids with more than adequate spending money. Provide insurance for those who have a legitimate chance to make the league and most importantly control it and make it uniform.

100 teams with 12 scholarship players is 1200 kids receiving 500 each per week. 2.4m per month.
28.8m per year out of a Billion plus annually. It is nothing but it would really help. 2000 a month is significant. It is more disposable income than most American families have per month. It would take the pressure off and i believe would keep many kids in school.
Resurrecting an old idea, huh? I'll resurrect an old response.

"The TV contract from the tournament funds the entire NCAA, Coach J. Thompson II. You tried to put forward this crap once before back in the 90s and were ignored, take it as a hint on the value of the idea and please don't try bring it up again. D-3 field hockey players get meal money, D-2 wrestlers get their travel paid for, etc., by all that money from the CBS contract for the bball tournament and not one more dime will go to D-1 bball."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom