What changes would you like to see in college hoops? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

What changes would you like to see in college hoops?

I'd agree with that but only if they are allowed to enter the draft out of highschool. The players should have some sort of choice which they don't really have right now.

One thing it would do would be making more recruits available each year as Kentucky, Dook, etc would be carrying players/scholarships forward an extra year

Why change anything? College b-ball is what we love. Why make it more like the NBA? Are college and NFL rules the same? Are all MBL fields the same size? Soccer fields? So why change the dimensions of the lane? Yeah there may be things that could be different. If you were to twist my arm, the 2 I would chose would be only 20 seconds on the shot clock in-bounding on your side of the court. No free timeouts for official reviews. To me the biggest thing they have to work out is consistency. Better train refs to be consistent and communicate with each other to get calls right.

Just make it the NBA game. I have no clue why it's different to begin with.

Four-12 minute quarters with 6 fouls per player.

Move the 3-point line back, allow blatant continuation and allow for more end-game excitement/strategy by timeouts moving the ball to the front court.

The NBA is awesome and there's no reason the College game should have JV rules.

Autographs? Hi. I'm a Kentucky booster and would love your autograph. Here is $50,000

that happens now - minus the autograph. so whats the difference?

There are a lot of comments here about what the NBA should do, even though the NBA is printing money and has the most talent its had since the 80s.

If people have issues with the 1 and dones, they should hope that the NBA strengthens the D-League to the point where the top 10-20 players in each class are heading straight there.

For college, I would like the 3pt line extended to NBA length (not just because it would help our zone), but it would space the floor so there could be more movement. With that said, they would need to call the game so there was an ability for the free flow of off the ball movement.

The charge circle should be changed to the NBA charge circle and offensive fouls should have a strict definition to only be called when an offensive player is out of control.

Autographs? Hi. I'm a Kentucky booster and would love your autograph. Here is $50,000

Hi. I'm a Syracuse Booster. Look at our multi million dollar facilities. Wanna go to Syracuse or Saint Bonaventure?

Hi. I'm a Syracuse Booster. Look at our multi million dollar facilities. Wanna go to Syracuse or Saint Bonaventure?
Yes. And you think that is the same thing as being given $50K?

Yes. And you think that is the same thing as being given $50K?

Yes I do. The people crying about it not being fair don't give a flying that Saint Francis of PA can't compete with Syracuse regarding paying coaches, faculties, shoe contracts, etc but once the issue is money hitting players pockets immediately ITS NOT FAIR CAUSE KENTUCKY HAS BOOSTERS!!!

"Altman knew in his bones that he could take Oregon to a Final Four someday...Also, during the hiring process Altman told the booster that once the $227 million Matthew Knight Arena was finished, he believed Oregon could become a big-time basketball school."

IT'S NOT FAIR!!!

Oh 227 mill to a building? Never mind, no worries

"Altman knew in his bones that he could take Oregon to a Final Four someday...Also, during the hiring process Altman told the booster that once the $227 million Matthew Knight Arena was finished, he believed Oregon could become a big-time basketball school."

IT'S NOT FAIR!!!

Oh 227 mill to a building? Never mind, no worries

What is so special about that building, other than a really ugly hard to watch floor?

What is so special about that building, other than a really ugly hard to watch floor?

I don't know, man. Why was Oregon bad at basketball and now is good at basketball? You tell me

Ok...you are getting hotter...Why did he go to Oregon and not stay at Creighton?

Because its a better job in a better conference, better place to live.

Make players who declare early for the draft and who ultimately sign a pro contract pay back at least a percentage of their scholarship.

Make players who declare early for the draft and who ultimately sign a pro contract pay back at least a percentage of their scholarship.

Scholarships are yearly.

What does that have to do with anything? My original point was the Oregon arena was nothing special.

How many times have you been there? Have you been in the locker rooms? Training room? Tell me more of your vast knowledge of the Oregon arena

How many times have you been there? Have you been in the locker rooms? Training room? Tell me more of your vast knowledge of the Oregon arena

I haven't, but I know someone who has been there, and said its nothing special, it doesn't look all that great on tv.

Less Timeouts! Teams already have enough TO's plus the media TO's, way too many.

Teams should have a star cap on recruiting classes. Say maybe no more than 2(5*) recruits per class. It would spread the good players out. Also could implement a star cap system. Maybe have a cap of 15-20 stars per class.

Change the transfer rule. No more sitting out a year for any transfer. But limit the amount of times a student can transfer in his college career. Say 2 times.

Graduating student athletes should get some sort of bonus. Maybe NCAA gives the schools so much per student and that gets filtered to the kids.

No more hiring dads or uncles to exclusively recruit their kids.

Just make it the NBA game. I have no clue why it's different to begin with.

Four-12 minute quarters with 6 fouls per player.

Move the 3-point line back, allow blatant continuation and allow for more end-game excitement/strategy by timeouts moving the ball to the front court.

The NBA is awesome and there's no reason the College game should have JV rules.

Bilas was on Sirius this afternoon and he said there was lots of chatter in Phoenix about switching to four quarters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom