What could be worse than this? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What could be worse than this?

Love watching this UConn team. Saw them almost lose in the first round against st. joes in buffalo. Who would thought…love those two guards, they are so quick and have great hops. Can't believe Ennis is a lottery and Napier barely is a first round pick, projected 30th. With all the ncaa punishments, Napier could have left but showed loyalty to his school and is rewarded with another shot at a national title. luv it.
Luv it? Huh?

Madbiker said:
It's karma. The basketball gods are making up for UConn getting screwed in conference realignment. But I hate it.

My UConn friend's exact words...or close.

Karma is a bitch.

So true.

Flacusian said:
The Gators choke job allows the Huskies to waltz into the title game. How disheartening. Really, really, really sucks.

Georgetown could be playing UK in the upcoming game. That would make it worse.

UConn is going to win, they are mentally tougher than these other teams and it isn't close. something our team lacked when push came to shove. but at least our guys are going to get paid right?

Prevent all of us from having to see a UCONN-Kentucky game where we have to pick someone to root for.

But I will say - wow - congrats to UCONN. Unbelievably steady play the final 30 minutes of the game. They overcame. Very surprised.

Agree with everything you say but I refuse to say congrats to UConn. They played well and they deserve to make it, but no congrats are in order for those twats.

I always love the NCAAT even if Cuse loses. But not this year. Ready for the hoops season to be over. Too aggravating!

You gotta give UConn's defense credit, but college basketball just become dreadful to watch. Each possession the lesser talented team milks clock and shortens the game. UConn's guards just dominate the end of shot clocks and get their teammates great looks. It is so disgusting to watch. Shot clock needs to be shortened, but it won't. I guess I have to root for the Buzzcuts to win it all.

Part of the problem is that too many teams are running pick and roll offense as their primary half court offense. I love the p-n-r, but it promotes standing around by three players on offense if it's not designed well. That's fine if those other three players are lights-out shooters or fantastic post finishers, but very few college teams truly possess that personnel.

In the end, though, it was Florida's inability to contain the dribble penetration by UConn's guards that killed them in this game.

I'm starting to like your thinking. If we are resigned to the fact that UConn is going to win the NC, it probably won't happen.

Okay ... I can work with that ...

I hate seeing them win - but I do like watching an SEC school get waxed by a NE school.
If it was football I'd agree. But in hoops, UConn is a bigger competitor to SU especially in recruiting NE kids. So UConn can't lose enough.

I always love the NCAAT even if Cuse loses. But not this year. Ready for the hoops season to be over. Too aggravating!

Yep, it's been a freaking odyssey for sure ...

Next year watching Jab decide to pick six to play 40 minutes of zone.

yup. my biggest fear in the history of the national championship would be a UCONN kentucky final. I feel queasy right now and its still 48 hours away

Aw that's easy, just don't watch. I sure as hell won't ... :cool:

Part of the problem is that too many teams are running pick and roll offense as their primary half court offense. I love the p-n-r, but it promotes standing around by three players on offense if it's not designed well. That's fine if those other three players are lights-out shooters or fantastic post finishers, but very few college teams truly possess that personnel.

In the end, though, it was Florida's inability to contain the dribble penetration by UConn's guards that killed them in this game.
Why are coaches coaching offense that doesn't fit their personnel? I can't stand watching college basketball half court offense it is terrible and makes the game hard to watch.

TWO SEC teams in the final 4. Well at least an original Big East team took one of them out! Congrats to UConn, and I feel no sorrow for the mopes who want to go hang out on the Boneyard. They made their bed.

If it was football I'd agree. But in hoops, UConn is a bigger competitor to SU especially in recruiting NE kids. So UConn can't lose enough.
I can't like this enough...I don't get anyone rooting for Uconn. Misguided thinking for sure. I want Kentucky to win it all; they are as high profile as it gets, and they are gonna get every player they want anyway.

God has better things to do, (see Jenna)

I have to credit the Huskies with shooting the ball well, (which nobody else seems to be doing) and playing excellent defense, especially at the top of the key. That's one thing about SU this season. Because of the low scores, (which were more due to the low pace), it seemed like we were a good defensive team but we really weren't. We allowed much too much penetration up front.

God has better things to do, (see Jenna)

I have to credit the Huskies with shooting the ball well, (which nobody else seems to be doing) and playing excellent defense, especially at the top of the key. That's one thing about SU this season. Because of the low scores, (which were more due to the low pace), it seemed like we were a good defensive team but we really weren't. We allowed much too much penetration up front.
That's because we had slow guards with poor foot speed and lateral quickness at top of the zone. I'm sure I'll get attacked for that since we're not allowed to be critical of our players. But it's true.

Briancuse said:
Uconn refuses to lose, why couldn't we have played that way against dayton

Man to man defense, to be honest

Scores mentality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online