What did Marek do to get the flagrant? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

What did Marek do to get the flagrant?

I just watched the presser. Eh, JB didn’t say pointing at the video is a technical likes it’s some rule. In fact he said he didn’t think pointing was that bad, but that ref thought so and then said that ref was wrong twice. Marek wasn’t out of bounds and the tech shouldn’t have been called.
lol No one said it's a rule. It's just called all the time. It's not a rule that you can't slam the ball down either. Pathetic

There is a difference, and God I hope you know that, from asking a ref to go to the score board and review something and pointing at a score board to show the ref he was wrong. But you stick to that it happens where a player points to a score board to show the ref he was wrong all the time with no consequence.

happens all the time. And no JB didn’t say it’s a technical either.

I just watched the presser. Eh, JB didn’t say pointing at the video is a technical likes it’s some rule. In fact he said he didn’t think pointing was that bad, but that ref thought so and then said that ref was wrong twice. Marek wasn’t out of bounds and the tech shouldn’t have been called.
So, you are saying Jb thinks it's a okay for his players to point to the scoreboard and show a ref he is wrong.

lol No one said it's a rule. It's just called all the time. It's not a rule that you can't slam the ball down either. Pathetic

it is not called all the time. Ive seen it not called and if you watch b-ball, you have too.

happens all the time. And no JB didn’t say it’s a technical either.
LOL it was a tech tonight. It will be a tech the next day. And the day after that.

So, you are saying Jb thinks it's a okay for his players to point to the scoreboard and show a ref he is wrong.

he said it shouldn’t have been a T. Opposite of what you said he said.

it is not called all the time. Ive seen it not called and if you watch b-ball, you have too.
You have seen a player, not a coach, point to the score board for a ref to see he missed a call and the ref not call a T. Sure.

Did anyone mention that Marek was hooking and holding the elbow that the guy planted in his neck? The elbow could have been called flagrant!
I thought that as well

You have seen a player, not a coach, point to the score board for a ref to see he missed a call and the ref not call a T. Sure.

yea I have. And others here have also and said so. So if it’s always going to be called, why didn’t they call it on buddy tonight? He also pointed to the replay. And yes more than one T can be called on a play. Or is it a T for pointing only if its done by a player involved in the play? Yea, that’s it. LOL.

JB knows it's a T. Just stop.

why did he say it wasn’t and why’d you say he did. He made like about the whole thing and ended saying calling that a T was a mistake.

why did he say it wasn’t and why’d you say he did. He made like about the whole thing and ended saying calling that a T was a mistake.
What Jb was upset about was the awful out of bounds call. That is what caused the T. He even mentioned that. JB knows it's a T.

yea I have. And others here have also and said so. So if it’s always going to be called, why didn’t they call it on buddy tonight? He also pointed to the replay. And yes more than one T can be called on a play. Or is it a T for pointing only if its done by a player involved in the play? Yea, that’s it. LOL.
You can't be serious? Can you? Good God, I think you are. Who says they saw Buddy pointing. That is for starters. Second, one T was enough. They made their point. The point being you can't show up a ref like that. Die on that Hill. It's typical of you. I didn't want the T called on Marek. But as soon as he pointed, I knew it would be. And it was.

You can't be serious? Can you? Good God, I think you are. Who says they saw Buddy pointing. That is for starters. Second, one T was enough. They made their point. The point being you can't show up a ref like that. Die on that Hill. It's typical of you. I didn't want the T called on Marek. But as soon as he pointed, I knew it would be. And it was.

stating facts isn’t dying on a hill.

Wow, the Dasher vs Bees blows away the previously mentioned Coach Boeheim being encouraging as my cherry on the top for the night! (not quite at the level of Wilder vs Fury 2 which happens this month finally!! but better than the usual matchups on here).

It reminds me of when I was a kid and the weekly WWF wrestling always had star wrestlers vs a no name guy. You had to wait until Saturday Night's Main event and the classic theme song("Obsession", the epic instrumental part that felt so right for the mood) to see 2 guys matched up where you didn't know who the winner was going to be. It's a lot more interesting seeing 2 heavy weights square off for a change!!

stating facts isn’t dying on a hill.
Here is where you are confused. And after, I'm done for the night. You have seen, as have I, a ball go out of bounds in the final minute of play and the ref call it one way, and the other team wants a review. Which the refs can give. Most times, they don't wait to be asked. That is in the final two minutes. However, this wasn't that. This was to the ref, being shown up by a college kid. And that, they don't accept. There never allow that sort of thing with 5 minutes to go as opposed to the under two minutes. They take enough B.S. from coaches, they sure aren't going to take that guff from a kid. By the way, Marek might have thought that the ref could review the play. That might be why he pointed. He doesn't strike me as the type of kid that would be openly disrespectful to a ref. Or anyone else. Just last week, a player against us, didn't understand that he could go in to the back court on an in bounds pass and that allowed us to steal the ball. And I wish, although there is not much to gain from it, that JB would have gone after the ref that missed the out of bounds call and then called the T, a little more in his presser. I understand that nothing is to be gained and he probably handled it just right, but our season was on the line tonight and that out of bounds call upset me almost as much as the Gonzaga game out of bounds call on Cooney

Here is where you are confused. And after, I'm done for the night. You have seen, as have I, a ball go out of bounds in the final minute of play and the ref call it one way, and the other team wants a review. Which the refs can give. Most times, they don't wait to be asked. That is in the final two minutes. However, this wasn't that. This was to the ref, being shown up by a college kid. And that, they don't accept. There never allow that sort of thing with 5 minutes to go as opposed to the under two minutes. They take enough B.S. from coaches, they sure aren't going to take that guff from a kid. By the way, Marek might have thought that the ref could review the play. That might be why he pointed. He doesn't strike me as the type of kid that would be openly disrespectful to a ref. Or anyone else. Just last week, a player against us, didn't understand that he could go in to the back court on an in bounds pass and that allowed us to steal the ball.

the fact that players have pointed to replays before and not gotten a T blows all that out of the water. And yes, a ref did see Buddy pointing to the replay. Looked right at him from 5-6 feet. Good night.

1. it was a clear hook and hold...
2. even though the ref missed the call, Moron Marek can't be pointing to the replay and saying "SEEE!!!!!YOU MISSED IT" especially when he was four fouls. For a guy who is so court savvy, he also masquerades as the village idiot at times.

Is hook and hold the same as the formerly famous "clutch and grab" term used for many years on here, or at least a distant cousin?

no, they have nothing to do with each other. clutch and grab is just being handsy on D...hook and hold is a specific move where you go bob Backlin on a dudes arm.

1. it was a clear hook and hold...
2. even though the ref missed the call, Moron Marek can't be pointing to the replay and saying "SEEE!!!!!YOU MISSED IT" especially when he was four fouls. For a guy who is so court savvy, he also masquerades as the village idiot at times.

I'll make a point to say I'm only being semi-serious here, but I prefer to see him more as the lovable foreigner on a TV sitcom. I also wanted to make a joke earlier than if he did cuss, maybe JB could tell him to do so in his native tongue instead. ;)

no, they have nothing to do with each other. clutch and grab is just being handsy on D...hook and hold is a specific move where you go bob Backlin on a dudes arm.

Thanks, I was mostly joking but it is helpful knowing this going forward. Sometimes I just miss the legendary parts of the board from days gone by that have disappeared for various reasons(even if I didn't like them at the time, as was the case here), and saw the opportunity to use one. Often, my humor does not translate too well here and I feel a bit like the less than loveable foreigner, yet I haven't completely quit yet.(pseudo-lol). To be fair to everyone(I do care), sometimes people elsewhere online or in real life haven't quite gotten me either, so I am not necessarily slighting this community.

Last edited:
The flagrant on the foul on Buddy is a subjective judgment call. Could go either way. Personally I didn’t think it was a flagrant.

The hook and hold is not subjective. Kind of like elbow contact above the shoulders.

i think that was a flagrant on the foul on buddy. wake guy knew buddy was the last 1 to touch the ball, so instead of trying to get the ball he wanted it to go out of bounds. best way to do that? hip check buddy into the front row. thats a flagrant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom