What did Marek do to get the flagrant? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

What did Marek do to get the flagrant?

btw, that missed out of bounds call that led to marek’s T and ejection was a HUGE sequence. i believe the game was tied at that point, and wake hit the 2 fts then scored on the possession. so instead of tie game with possession, we’re down 4. and oh yea, 1 of our best players fouled out. very lucky we overcame that, and it was all because the ref blew the out of bounds call.

Pointing to the reply will get you a T in any league in the world. He may have bumped him as well. That also will get you a T in any league in the world. Pointing and bumping will therefore, get you a T in any league in the world. Unless you play for Duke. Then, the ref says he is sorry

Pointing to replays is rarely ever a tech. I’ve actually never seen a T called for pointing at a Jumbotron in college or NBA basketball.

The worst part about this entire play was that the ref missed the call RIGHT AT HIS OWN FEET. The ref was standing on the end line - looks down and still screws it up. I mean how do you miss that call?

As far as the “T” goes, eh. I’ve seen other players point at the replay, but Marek was two feet from the ref staring at him and pointing for a couple of seconds. It was waaaay more in your face than the usual plea from players.

Still, the ref has to realize he screwed up a call and shrug it off. If you’re that thin-skinned, find another job. Being an official probably isn’t your calling.

The worst part about this entire play was that the ref missed the call RIGHT AT HIS OWN FEET. The ref was standing on the end line - looks down and still screws it up. I mean how do you miss that call?

As far as the “T” goes, eh. I’ve seen other players point at the replay, but Marek was two feet from the ref staring at him and pointing for a couple of seconds. It was waaaay more in your face than the usual plea from players.

Still, the ref has to realize he screwed up a call and shrug it off. If you’re that thin-skinned, find another job. Being an official probably isn’t your calling.
Great points and the worst of it is the stripe - who's incompetence and nearly game changing thin skin cost us the game - will face no ramifications. He will be working tonight.

Pointing to replays is rarely ever a tech. I’ve actually never seen a T called for pointing at a Jumbotron in college or NBA basketball.
Knew it was going to be T as soon as he did it. And sadly, I was right

Knew it was going to be T as soon as he did it. And sadly, I was right

I didn’t see it. Hopefully the bump or his language did it. Shame on any ref that T’s up a player for pointing to evidence of the ref being wrong. Can’t have thin skin like that as an official. I suspect, again having not seen it, the other stuff in conjunction with pointing resulted in the tech.

1. it was a clear hook and hold...
2. even though the ref missed the call, Moron Marek can't be pointing to the replay and saying "SEEE!!!!!YOU MISSED IT" especially when he was four fouls. For a guy who is so court savvy, he also masquerades as the village idiot at times.
calling a guy a moron and idiot in one post. Interesting.

I didn’t see it. Hopefully the bump or his language did it. Shame on any ref that T’s up a player for pointing to evidence of the ref being wrong. Can’t have thin skin like that as an official. I suspect, again having not seen it, the other stuff in conjunction with pointing resulted in the tech.
It was the pointing. Refs don't like being what they consider shown up. Swear to God, I gasped when he pointed.

The ref was already walking towards Marek before the bump. Felt an awful lot to me like he was taking the steps forward and he already decided to T him up. Seemed he wanted to do it with flair.

1. it was a clear hook and hold...
2. even though the ref missed the call, Moron Marek can't be pointing to the replay and saying "SEEE!!!!!YOU MISSED IT" especially when he was four fouls. For a guy who is so court savvy, he also masquerades as the village idiot at times.

Name calling players, now? How mature of you. Is it OK if we call you Stupid Steve..?

I thought the non call on Buddy's shove was worse. He was in a defenseless position and could have easily been injured. Just a bit better than body checking a guy while he is in the air on a drive to the basket. Dangerous move.

if you want to call the hook and hold then you have to call the elbow to the neck because thats a rule too.

Yes there were two different calls. I will disagree that I thought the hook and hold was a good call.

I disagree... I think the offensive player had Marek hooked. I think Marek was trying to free his arm and wasnt trying to pull the player down. I think NCAA needs to change that rule. Its almost impossible to tell who is hooking who...

I wish all kids would quit complaining about officiating. Leave that to the coaches and fans. Referees may suck but they are doing their best in most cases... and they tolerate way too much snipiness from players.
Day2 will you “ok, boomer” this guy, please?

Was the OB play reviewable? When Marek pointed, I assumed he was asking the ref to take a look.

Was the OB play reviewable? When Marek pointed, I assumed he was asking the ref to take a look.

If a ball goes out of bounds, they can review to see who touched it last.

Against Gonzaga in 2016, they reviewed Cooney's feet to see if he was inbounds or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom