What does the Big 12 do first? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

What does the Big 12 do first?

The Big 12 has to look at Florida for recruiting and adding UCF would have their schools in one of the most talented HS states in the country. IMO...UCF would take off recruiting wise as well as the Big 12 getting more Florida kids to go with their huge base of Texas kids.

I agree that Cincy/UCF and BYU wouldn't water down the conference but I'm not so sure how Texas and OU would react.
Oklahoma wanted Louisville/Cincinnati before the ACC took Lousiville. Oklahoma has been fine with expansion. Texas was the holdout their old AD Deloss Dodds was against expansion and because Texas is the USA to Oklahoma's Great Britain the conference hasn't expanded because Texas is against it.

Texas has a new AD now and maybe could be talked into expansion if the teams don't water down the conference which BYU/Cincinnati wouldn't do.

Oklahoma wanted Louisville/Cincinnati before the ACC took Lousiville. Oklahoma has been fine with expansion. Texas was the holdout their old AD Deloss Dodds was against expansion and because Texas is the USA to Oklahoma's Great Britain the conference hasn't expanded because Texas is against it.

Texas has a new AD now and maybe could be talked into expansion if the teams don't water down the conference which BYU/Cincinnati wouldn't do.

True but those were quick reactions to losing Missouri, Nebraska and A&M. Granted, if they believe they have to expand in order to get love from the committee they probably stay and expand but still...I'd reach out to Texas if I were the ACC right this very minute. I know we were talking Big 10 but strike when the fire is hot.

thats the way i remember it too.

if they expand, and i think the should and will...cincy should be a lock.

after that...if its florida they want then its the other directional one.

but if fla is not in their vision, then between memphis and byu...well, id find the Grey Avenger because he will be having 1 hell of a party.

thats the way i remember it too.

if they expand, and i think the should and will...cincy should be a lock.

after that...if its florida they want then its the other directional one.

but if fla is not in their vision, then between memphis and byu...well, id find the Grey Avenger because he will be having 1 hell of a party.
BYU will have to get off the Sunday high horse or they will be stuck as a Diet Notre Dame without the chance at the NC.

I wouldn't touch Memphis. They do nothing for the conference except are located in TN.

UCF, USF, BYU are all more appealing to me if I am the Big XII.

i like the out of the box thinking with n-ill, but that wont happen.

i dont think the bevo really needs to be taking shots at the b1g, they need to just strengthen their product and keep the current schools happy with traveling.

cincy and memphis fit the bill.

If travel destinations are a factor, and academic as well, I move they ditch Cincy and grab Tulane. Give me Bourbon Street over a Bennigans and a Holiday Inn on some suburban strip any day of the week. Unless Cincy brings Dr. Johnny Fever as a color commentator and Les Nessman as play-by-play man on their radio coverage and Bailey Quarters hosting the executive tailgate parties.

If travel destinations are a factor, and academic as well, I move they ditch Cincy and grab Tulane. Give me Bourbon Street over a Bennigans and a Holiday Inn on some suburban strip any day of the week. Unless Cincy brings Dr. Johnny Fever as a color commentator and Les Nessman as play-by-play man on their radio coverage and Bailey Quarters hosting the executive tailgate parties.

But Cincy gets them both Ohio (B1G country) and Kentucky (SEC country). It's a perfect fit for a takeover.

They also get access to Paul Brown, which has turned into Temple games when Cincy plays there.

But Cincy gets them both Ohio (B1G country) and Kentucky (SEC country). It's a perfect fit for a takeover.

They also get access to Paul Brown, which has turned into Temple games when Cincy plays there.

Plus they put chili on their spaghetti in the Queen City. I can't believe it escaped me that Ohio and Kentucky are not only major media markets in a tourism hotspot, but have large, affluent populations of college sports fans just waiting for a team to root for! I'm all in on the Big 12 (minus 2) making the move on the home of the News Beacon of the Ohio Valley.

Go University of Cincinnati Silver Sows!!!

You had me at Bailey Quarters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom