What happened to college football in the Northeast? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

What happened to college football in the Northeast?

Well Chip, it seems like most people here want to avoid the cold, hard truth of what's wrong with northeastern football.

Because your takes are clueless.

Because your takes are clueless.
Is that why everybody in the ACC asks what the heck is wrong with Syracuse football? I'm sure it's something football people across the country wonder about.

Is that why everybody in the ACC asks what the heck is wrong with Syracuse football? I'm sure it's something football people across the country wonder about.

It’s all a conspiracy against SU. Got it.

If Syracuse gets relegated to the second tier, it won't make a lot of economic sense to continue having football, with all the injury concerns that people here are worried about. Mothball the program and focus on soccer and lacrosse.
I don’t see it that way at all. 1. I’m not sure we will be. 2. I’m not worried about injuries. 3. Soccer and Lacrosse are doing just fine existing with football.

Issue is similar to college football though. You can guarantee Liverpool or City to win. If not, few other teams.
Yep. The lack of a salary cap and parity is probably my biggest complaint. But when the talent is dispersed across the world with multiple leagues - a cap would prob knee camp the premier league

I don’t see it that way at all. 1. I’m not sure we will be. 2. I’m not worried about injuries. 3. Soccer and Lacrosse are doing just fine existing with football.
It's possible that ESPN is going to stymie the B1G by creating a viable PAC/ACC working agreement in which case revenue should stay at a reasonable level and no clear bifurcation will occur. That would be fine.

Hot take: Premier League is way more exciting than NFL
I don't watch the NFL, so anything is more exciting.

Plus, if you're a front-running American fan of one the powers, it sure is exciting. If you're a Brit and a fan of Crystal Palace or one of the other teams that makes the near-yearly commute between the EPL and the next lower division, not as much.

I don't watch the NFL, so anything is more exciting.

Plus, if you're a front-running American fan of one the powers, it sure is exciting. If you're a Brit and a fan of Crystal Palace or one of the other teams that makes the near-yearly commute between the EPL and the next lower division, not as much.
Almost like being a Syracuse or UVA fan in CFB ;)

I maintain that I'd love to see 8 conferences of nine teams each. I'd put together one with Notre Dame, Rutgers, Maryland, Syracuse, Pitt, BC, Cincinnati, Louisville, and West Virginia. If every conference got a playoff spot (there would be 4 byes as well) maybe it could lure some strong recruits. Not all of those schools are in football country, but some certainly are. Just a thought, I know it wouldn't happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom