What happens to Kansas? | Syracusefan.com

What happens to Kansas?

longislandcuse

Living Legend
Rock chalk Jayhawk, illustrious history, a good coach and the Phog.....if they get stuck in the basketball focused Big East/Big XII merger do they continue to recruit at the level they have? I would be very worried if I was them because it doesnt seem like theyre even close to getting an invite to one of the Big 4.

Misssouri and Kansas to the B1G would make some level of sense. You have to figure that once Texas decides where they are headed (and you know they will decide very carefully between PAC12 ACC and B1G), the rest of the alignment of teams will happen pretty quickly.

Texas and Oklahoma (along w/ OK. St. and Texas A&M(?)) headed to the PAC12... then PAC-16.

That was why the ? ... I hear that OK St and,I believe, another Texas team from the once Big12 will follow OU and Texas.

That was why the ? ... I hear that OK St and,I believe, another Texas team from the once Big12 will follow OU and Texas.

Texas Tech

Thanks:). I went to OU and like SU going to the ACC it is a somewhat melancholy thought that they would be moving to the PAC-12. I remember the great games within, the then, Big8 conference. OU-Nebraska was always in the mix for football except for when I was there. And Kansas always had the basketball championship pretty wrapped up. (of course when I went to OU they thought that basketball was some kind of strange eastern and far west game). I remember Gayle Sayers at Kansas. And wrestling ... that was really one of the big sports. (sigh). Alll the realignment has really wrought havoc on history and tradition across all conferences.

I think Nebraska - OU is a good example for SU fans of how life will go on after leaving the Big East.

uh ... now they stay in the Big 12 (or Big 10- with Nebraska and Colorado gone). As long as the 4 have been rejected by the PAC-12 their conference remains fairly intact. What have they lost? Two very mediocre basketball schools and two football schools that have been on the skids for a while. And with the PAC-12 out of the picture (temporarily) where are Texas, OU, OK ST, and Texas Tech going anyway? It remains a fairly viable, although, unstable conference.

uh ... now they stay in the Big 12 (or Big 10- with Nebraska and Colorado gone). As long as the 4 have been rejected by the PAC-12 their conference remains fairly intact. What have they lost? Two very mediocre basketball schools and two football schools that have been on the skids for a while. And with the PAC-12 out of the picture (temporarily) where are Texas, OU, OK ST, and Texas Tech going anyway? It remains a fairly viable, although, unstable conference.
Don't forget--A&M is gone, and Missouri may be following them out the door.

Don't forget--A&M is gone, and Missouri may be following them out the door.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom