What has happened to Rak since NC St.? | Syracusefan.com

What has happened to Rak since NC St.?

SoBeCuse

Living Legend
He has been HORRENDOUS since that game. Guys are scoring on him left and right. He's fouling more than ever. Missing bunnies. Fumbling the ball a few times tonight. I still want him to get touches in the low post however. Nobody even looked his way tonight.

He has been HORRENDOUS since that game. Guys are scoring on him left and right. He's fouling more than ever. Missing bunnies. Fumbling the ball a few times tonight. I still want him to get touches in the low post however. Nobody even looked his way tonight.
Baye happened...

He had a fluke good game against NC State, apparently.

IMO, he played better when BMK was out. he didn't have to look over his shoulder and worry about getting a quick hook.

Yeah, could be. His stats recently look better than I thought. Just disappointed still in lack of low post scoring and how teams are starting to kill us in the paint.

Honestly I just don't like how JB handles Xmas, criticize me all you'd like.

I agree. I'm sure BMK is a great kid, but he's an awful basketball player that has hurt how Rak has developed.

At least he's hitting the boards hard.

Yep, unfortunately I thinnk it's Baye related. All year we've seen Rak pulled several times within 2 minutes of the tip because of a mistake or foul; that didn't happen when BMK was out because he could worry about just playing his game instead of worrying about making a mistake. It's natural to look in the rear view mirror, especially when your being used to being messed with your whole career.

Rak had 10 rebs and 4 blocks tonight. He did his job. Others didn't.

Eh, I don't know that it has much to do with Baye. (Off topic - what's happened to Baye, he's been BEYOND awful of late)

Offensively he's still kind of figuring stuff out. I suspect this is what we'll get from him. Consistently inconsistent. That being said, the only person who seemed to look to feed the post was Grant. The rest of team might try it out, but typically shows no interest.

He seems to hit that mid-range baseline jumper pretty consistently too, yet we see it once every 10 games. They still rarely feed the post. And we still run the most worthless pick-n-rolls to ever exist. Ennis never looks at the screener after he rolls and is usually dribbling as far away from the defender as he can - so why bother running the stupid play. Yet we do, over and over again....it's a ridiculous waste of time.

I don't know. He hasn't been great, but I don't think he's been playing poorly by any stretch. I think expectations just went up a bit (probably more than they should have considering how rare it is to even get a touch inside for him).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom