What if DM had been Scoops coach | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What if DM had been Scoops coach

I hardly think Scoop qualifies as the "exception".
He's one of them. Look at all the troubled guys who never made it to senior year. You think Boeheim really thought Devo and Harris were ready for the next level (NBA) and nothing more to prove at SU?

Here's the thing... Boeheim has had lots of kids that have not fit into his style. This is not a unique situation to Marrone.

He's one of them. Look at all the troubled guys who never made it to senior year. You think Boeheim really thought Devo and Harris were ready for the next level (NBA) and nothing more to prove at SU?
By definition, you are undermining your own argument.

By definition, you are undermining your own argument.
Really? What is my argument? How did Boeheim getting rid of Devo and Harris undermind this argument? I think I said Scoop was an exception when it comes to "troubled" players under Boeheim.

If HCDM was Scoop's coach, I guess Scoop would be a pretty good Tight End now.

Really? What is my argument? How did Boeheim getting rid of Devo and Harris undermind this argument? I think I said Scoop was an exception when it comes to "troubled" players under Boeheim.
Re: Scoop being an *exception*--You said "He's one of them." By definition, an exception is, well.. . . exceptional.
"a person or thing that is excluded from a general statement or does not follow a rule"

When you have many of them, they are no longer an exception.

Re: Scoop being an *exception*--You said "He's one of them." By definition, an exception is, well.. . . exceptional.
"a person or thing that is excluded from a general statement or does not follow a rule"

When you have many of them, they are no longer an exception.
Actually. There are not many of them. That's my point. I never said there were "many of them." Harris and Devo were treated differently. Scoops case is exceptional which is why it is pointed out so often.

Actually. There are not many of them. That's my point. I never said there were "many of them." Harris and Devo were treated differently. Scoops case is exceptional which is why it is pointed out so often.
Scoop's case is not exceptional.

Scoop's case is not exceptional.
Yes it is. That's why there is so much press on it. Not a lot of guys who have gotten into so much serious trouble on and off the court have stayed and graduated ...and changed so much for the better. Or perhaps you can provide the long list of players who have had similar situations to prove how unexceptional Scoop's story is at SU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom