What if the B1G goes for UMASS? | Syracusefan.com

What if the B1G goes for UMASS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CousCuse

Comin in Hot
I see that UMASS has scheduled Rutgers and Northwestern for 2019. Swofford needs to be proactive to stop them from lopping off New England.

I'm not usually on the "how come every program other than SU is seemingly able to announce their future non-conference opponents seven years out?" bandwagon, but today I have to ask, "How come every program other than SU is seemingly able to announce their future non-conference opponents seven years out?"

Rutgers has also scheduled Liberty.

That would get the B1G to an even 16.

:crazy:
UMASS is a top 30 flagship university in a state that has lots of cable boxes. They have D1 lax as well. I don't think it's a crazy idea, ( Though to be fair to my critics, I do come up with some "crazy" ideas). They can schedule games in Foxboro, which would appeal to many alums from the B1G. Oklahoma in the west and UMASS in the east would give them a balanced expansion.

I won't know which one to pity more. :rolleyes:

My everlasting regret is that we didn't beat them by double digits in 2006.

New England is the only region still up for grabs. BC does not have a hold on it.

be4586a7c3616cee042b08d0806c908e.gif

Although crazy for sure with regards to the BIG, i fail to see why UMass never got a look for the newly configured Big East at least for their hoops. It's certainly a football program on the rise (just on the basis of it just going to D1).

Certainly in a different time, UMass would have made as much sense as UConn for the Big East when we were there.

UMASS will make a bowl THIS year.

And they definitely have the stadium for such a move, a mere 92 miles from its campus.

This move could save the Big 12. I think Ohio State and Michigan would just call Texas and Oklahoma and say let's just end our collection misery and get married. We'll even take your last name.

UMASS will make a bowl THIS year.
Just stop with this. No P-5 conference is looking at UMass. They add nothing. Nothing. People in Mass don't even know who they are. The Eastern part of Mass doesn't recognize the western part of the state. I lived in Western Mass most of my life. This is a non starter.

Although crazy for sure with regards to the BIG, i fail to see why UMass never got a look for the newly configured Big East at least for their hoops. It's certainly a football program on the rise (just on the basis of it just going to D1).

Certainly in a different time, UMass would have made as much sense as UConn for the Big East when we were there.
The B1G took Rutgers for cable boxes... Rutgers. Last season i watched UMASS play at South Carolina and they could have easily won that game except for a few drops in the end zone. They hung with Miss St too.

Just stop with this. No P-5 conference is looking at UMass. They add nothing. Nothing. People in Mass don't even know who they are. The Eastern part of Mass doesn't recognize the western part of the state. I lived in Western Mass most of my life. This is a non starter.
Then why did UMASS go D1?

im with dash here, umass is not even in the building, to be brought to the room, to be put on the table for this.

storz st would be a better option.

and they aren't an option.

The B1G took Rutgers for cable boxes... Rutgers. Last season i watched UMASS play at South Carolina and they could have easily won that game except for a few drops in the end zone. They hung with Miss St too.
They also gave up 52 pts against Troy. 56 pts against La Tech. They got beat by Old dominion 36-16. They beat wagner and FIU. And the B1G is going to give them a share of B1G money? For an area that doesn't give two craps about college football? UConn is on a different level from Umass and the B1G would have no interest in them. Rutgers and the B1G realizes that was a mistake, is close to NYC. And they had been playing D-1 football (sort of) forever. UMass brings the B1G nothing.

Then why did UMASS go D1?
Great question. Why does Rice play Texas? The dream. Because that is all it is. This is business. And B1G members aren't going to share their money with a leech that can bring them next to nothing.

UMass was 2-10 last year.
I assume they have enough foresight to allow a well thought of coach in Mark Whipple the time it takes to build a D1 program from the ground up. He got Ford to play QB for him, who was a VTECH transfer.

Instead of wondering who else should be invited to the ACC if ND comes on board as a full member, the ACC should just kick out BC to accommodate ND. There, I said it.

Great question. Why does Rice play Texas? The dream. Because that is all it is. This is business. And B1G members aren't going to share their money with a leech that can bring them next to nothing.
Rice has always played D1 football and were in the SWC and were a power at one time.

Instead of wondering who else should be invited to the ACC if ND comes on board as a full member, the ACC should just kick out BC to accommodate ND. There, I said it.
BC, is going no where.

especially, if ND comes onboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online