What is favorite Orange Bball play/moment? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

What is favorite Orange Bball play/moment?

Sherman Douglass between the legs pass,Mike Lee left handed no look pass on a 3-1 fast break,Leo Rautins tap pass Houston game to Red Bruin,GMAC stealing Ball at the end of 1st half against Georgia Tech and Missouri and hitting a jumper

Last edited:
I still vividly recall a vicious Reggie Powell reverse throw down back in Manley. The dunk had only recently been restored to the college game; this was certainly not the typical dunk at the time, but more like something you might see from Julius Erving.

You had to be there, as no film of this probably exists. Some of our posters here remember, I'm sure.
Good one,I felt bad when he went to Pratt Institute

Good one,I felt bad when he went to Pratt Institute
That play was the highlight of his brief SU career. Not sure if the young JB was too impressed. I think coaching Powell caused him to lose a few hairs.

Wes Johnson hanging dunk early season, rautins throwing the ball directly over the head of a colgate player in 09-10. so many good ones in 09-10 that whole season had that special feeling like 02-03
Yep. That is the play I noted above. I thought Rautins had thrown the ball way out of bounds, the Wes came swooping in--incredible.

Wes Johnson hanging dunk early season, rautins throwing the ball directly over the head of a colgate player in 09-10. so many good ones in 09-10 that whole season had that special feeling like 02-03
Yep. That is the play I noted above. I thought Rautins had thrown the ball way out of bounds, the Wes came swooping in--incredible.

Yep. That is the play I noted above. I thought Rautins had thrown the ball way out of bounds, then Wes came swooping in--incredible.

It's a great question because we mostly remember games. Even moments like Warrick's block, I personally probably didn't 100% enjoy it for what it was because they still had time on the clock and your still nervous to close out the game for good.

Anyway, I'd probably say the Ennis shot at Pitt, and a more personal won, Shumpert's GW shot vs Kentucky in the 2000 NCAAT. That was my freshman year at SU.

Hey, good call, didn't even see this. Looking for UConn highlights right now.

Well, that answers the question, "Was Billy Packer always annoying?" And especially with Musberger yammering away right next to him ...

Pearl's half court shot vs. BC
Rak's block vs. Kansas
Sherm's hike vs. Indiana
John Wallace's 3 pointer vs. Georgia in Sweet 16
Gerry's shots in 2006 BE Tourney
JT getting his 3rd Technical and getting ejected in 1990

Hack's block, Bug Williams to Rudy Hackett with 5 seconds left, Pearl's half court shot, Andre Hawkins tea-bagging John Pinone after a 20 foot drive, Sherman's hike to Stevie and Vitale goes beserk.

Hack's block, Bug Williams to Rudy Hackett with 5 seconds left, Pearl's half court shot, Andre Hawkins tea-bagging John Pinone after a 20 foot drive, Sherman's hike to Stevie and Vitale goes beserk.
I have heard Mr. Williams prefers not to be called Bug

:)

One of my favorites was early in 2003 when SU was playing Missouri in the Dome. Missouri was ranked and had a pretty decent team.

It waas just before half time, SU was outplaying Missouri, Someone from SU scored...I think it was Gmac but I cant remember, but Gmac starts to jog back on defense and as the Mizzou player is lazily in-bounding the ball, Gmac stops on dime, turns, jumps, intercepts the ball and drains a jumper just before time runs out...Quin Snyder had both hands buried deep in his mop, ripping his hair out on the sidelines. It was priceless...and was about the time when you said " Hey...this guys going to be a pretty damn good ball player" :)
I like that one too :)

I agree with most of the greatest ones stated so far. I like this one because I was at the game:

"Syracuse played St. John’s in the second round. The Orange led 58-51 with less than 4 minutes to go in the game; they would not score again in regulation, and Ron Artest tied the game with a lay up at the end of regulation. Syracuse had the score tied 67-67 as time was winding down in overtime. They got the ball to Todd Burgan for the last shot, but Burgan was off balance. He spotted Blackwell and threw him a nice pass; Burgan then took the jumper and won the game 69-67. Etan Thomas tied a Big East tournament record with 8 blocked shots."
I was at that game too. Buzzer beaters are always special. It was Blackwell who hit the jumper, which is what I think you meant to say based on your description.

I was at that game too. Buzzer beaters are always special. It was Blackwell who hit the jumper, which is what I think you meant to say based on your description.

I cut and pasted the description. What you posted was what I thought but I wasn't sure. He shot right in front of me. I was sitting behind the basket to the left. It was a blast to watch!

I cut and pasted the description. What you posted was what I thought but I wasn't sure. He shot right in front of me. I was sitting behind the basket to the left. It was a blast to watch!

How come you didn't go out there and yell at Fran to get off the court?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom