What is left for us to recruit for 2016? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

What is left for us to recruit for 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never could understand the "style over substance" mentality. A win is a win.
Yep...me either. Four yards and a cloud of ground rubber is fine with me as long as we move the sticks and capitalize on our red zone opportunities.

Ill handle it... Hey bcubs please refrain from using derogatory words when talking to a fellow poster its unacceptable...save that for our tailgates and dms. Im not sure how it can be both stunning and predictable but ill play along. I said in my attempt at thoughtful engagement that those type of posts are to be expected and our what fan forums are about. I dont think my response was vacuous or reflexive but if you think so that is your right here on the forum also. My point was we dont need the other posters to run to our aid we have grown accustom to the few negative people...and by that I mean the negative people. constructive... we have a young defense this year hope daust is right about his assessment or we could be in trouble... negative... we need to look at more dline man we are gonna be terrible the coach is a liar.. see the difference?

Ill handle it... Hey bcubs please refrain from using derogatory words when talking to a fellow poster its unacceptable...save that for our tailgates and dms. Im not sure how it can be both stunning and predictable but ill play along. I said in my attempt at thoughtful engagement that those type of posts are to be expected and our what fan forums are about. I dont think my response was vacuous or reflexive but if you think so that is your right here on the forum also. My point was we dont need the other posters to run to our aid we have grown accustom to the few negative people...and by that I mean the negative people. constructive... we have a young defense this year hope daust is right about his assessment or we could be in trouble... negative... we need to look at more dline man we are gonna be terrible the coach is a liar.. see the difference?
We know you guys can handle yourselves, but many of us fear losing further content on this forum due to the few loudmouth negative people. We have lost quite a few insiders and knowledgeable posters because they get fed up, we don't want to lose you guys as well.

For you, I will.

We know you guys can handle yourselves, but many of us fear losing further content on this forum due to the few loudmouth negative people. We have lost quite a few insiders and knowledgeable posters because they get fed up, we don't want to lose you guys as well.
I'm not going anywhere; too many good people here. Only a few are <insert your favorite invective>. I suspect Bam feels the same way.

Exhibit A...see thread on JerseyOrange. One of the all time best posters going years back.

Exhibit A...see thread on JerseyOrange. One of the all time best posters going years back.
Read that. Tried searching for his posts. Couldn't find anything.

Did he come with y'all to this site? I don't remember him.

But Bam, we already have that board on here. It's called the Syracuse Football Forum!

The Football Recruiting Forum is for optimists, the Football Forum is for pessimists and hater's. I know that may be going a little too far, but for the most part it is true. I honestly don't understand why some of them consider themselves fans. They are unlike any other "fans" that I know. If a majority of your posts are negative in nature, you are not a fan. Especially if your negative before the season even starts. Honestly, I think some would find a way to be unhappy if they were Alabama fans.

That's the thing though, Alabama fans wanted Kiffin fired after last season, and after they lost in the National Semi's they would have made what is said on here look like a children's book. There is no such thing as a perfectly happy, and content fanbase. It does not exist. There is no perfect harmony anywhere, so expecting it here of all places is a bit ridiculous. I can understand that it's pointless to post incessantly negative stuff, but the past 15 years have understandably left some scars, and room for doubt. The part I don't get is when posters are told what to say because parents and recruits read the boards. Guess what, we got those recruits anyways, we always have, and will continue to. And if we don't it's not going to be because of the Syracusefan message board, it's going to because of the performance on the field that those people that are complaining are complaining about.

With that said we definitely need to take in 1 or 2 DT's. I believe the few we have are extremely talented, but Daoust always liked to cycle in players. I am sure if you got him off the record he would say he would like another couple bodies. If we have enough scholarships I can see us bringing in 2 DT's, but definitely 1, that isn't Peek or Colon. Colon isn't going anywhere, and as much as i want Peek I just don't see him flipping from Stanford if he gets accepted (which we should).

That's the thing though, Alabama fans wanted Kiffin fired after last season, and after they lost in the National Semi's they would have made what is said on here look like a children's book. There is no such thing as a perfectly happy, and content fanbase. It does not exist. There is no perfect harmony anywhere, so expecting it here of all places is a bit ridiculous. I can understand that it's pointless to post incessantly negative stuff, but the past 15 years have understandably left some scars, and room for doubt. The part I don't get is when posters are told what to say because parents and recruits read the boards. Guess what, we got those recruits anyways, we always have, and will continue to. And if we don't it's not going to be because of the Syracusefan message board, it's going to because of the performance on the field that those people that are complaining are complaining about.

With that said we definitely need to take in 1 or 2 DT's. I believe the few we have are extremely talented, but Daoust always liked to cycle in players. I am sure if you got him off the record he would say he would like another couple bodies. If we have enough scholarships I can see us bringing in 2 DT's, but definitely 1, that isn't Peek or Colon. Colon isn't going anywhere, and as much as i want Peek I just don't see him flipping from Stanford if he gets accepted (which we should).

It's not whether or not a differing opinion is expressed but rather how it is expressed. We can all express our opinions while still being tactful and considerate of other posters. And maybe there is no perfect harmony, especially with the diversity of posters, but that doesn't mean we can't try for less discord.

Yes...not sure how far back but I think he was part of the last two migrations.

OK I found him in the member database. Looks like he hasn't posted since 12/2013.

It's not whether or not a differing opinion is expressed but rather how it is expressed. We can all express our opinions while still being tactful and considerate of other posters. And maybe there is no perfect harmony, especially with the diversity of posters, but that doesn't mean we can't try for less discord.

Totally understandable. But sometimes the ones who are criticizing the "negative" posters are far less tactful. It may be why so many people have been rubbed the wrong way.

Totally understandable. But sometimes the ones who are criticizing the "negative" posters are far less tactful. It may be why so many people have been rubbed the wrong way.

Well some of those "negative" posters have been rubbing other posters the wrong way for quite awhile. Civility is a two way street. Honestly there are some posters on here I won't engage.

I disagree. Alabama can afford the negativity because it's built up a ton of good will. Recruits will overlook that crowd because it's Alabama.

Here? We're under a microscope. And as it's been said a thousand times, opinions and well thought out criticisms make sense - we are far from perfect. It's the constant undercurrent swipes and sarcasm. I'd also say it seems like it's gotten better.*

*Until we lose.

I know you guys like to stick up for the parents that post here and I don't want to speak for bcubs but quite honestly you don't need to engage them. This isn't fan board and we understand there will be irrational people and offensive things said. We have the option to block or ignore. While I don't understand the need for people to be negative in the preseason or the need to bash kids they have never seen play... It is expected on a board such as this. I don't understand rooting for a team you have lost hope in. Back in the 80s I was a big celtics fan the 90s made me feel the team lost its identity and I stopped watching. I didn't go back to watching when they made the playoffs or won the championship If they found an identity that i could appreciate I would go back and watch. That said I am a Bruins fan and have been for years during the 80s I watched when we barley missed the championship during the 90s I watched when we weren't even close during the past decade I watched while they made it. I watched them becauseI always felt like they were working towards winning. Maybe it didn't always work maybe they made mistakes but they always picked themselves up and headed back in the fight. They had coaches I didn't think did a good job but the players fought. Some times the coaches were really good and the players didn't fight. Please don't bore me with your "you don't know what we have been through". I m also a Red Sox Fan and I have been through worse. Some years like the Red Sox are having this year you have to walk away and not watch. The coach isn't right the team gave up the owners made the wrong moves. I get it. But as we watch the trades happen even if I question some of them i remain Hopeful next year will be better. Maybe the picked up a kid I don't see it in but what do I know I'm not coaching the team. Maybe that guy will sit in the bench and be traded before he plays but either way I will watch and see what they can do because I believe they are trying to win. So I guess what I am saying is if you are a FAN then have some faith... If you have lost that faith walk away till you find something to believe in here again. But as much as your comments don't bother me I will guarantee it bothers some. It is a fact lots of parents read this board. You attacking parents that post does not help you Get the team you want. Posting coach shafer needs to be fired does not help you get or retain players to get your team where you want to go. Bashing a player that hasn't played a down does not help improve moral on the team or make a kid want to play here. Being positive and upbeat will help you get those players you want. It will make kids want to fight for you. My final suggestion is if you Want to sabotage this team continue what you are doing. Perhaps you would be better served creating a board called Syracuse sucks and getting your negative message out there without all these positive people getting in the way. Or you could just support and comment on the nunes page they do a good enough job bashing everything this team does

Standing Ovation Sir.

I disagree. Alabama can afford the negativity because it's built up a ton of good will. Recruits will overlook that crowd because it's Alabama.

Here? We're under a microscope. And as it's been said a thousand times, opinions and well thought out criticisms make sense - we are far from perfect. It's the constant undercurrent swipes and sarcasm. I'd also say it seems like it's gotten better.*

*Until we lose.

I just used Bama as an example. How about UGA. Their fans have been after Richt for years. Point being no matter what fan board you go to there is going to be a portion of the fanbase that is never happy. I just don't like Syracuse being painted as the only negative fan base around.

Interior D-Line. I think the lack of depth is a worry this year and going forward and I don't believe Daoust when he says he is comfortable with what is currently available. Even if the three freshmen turn out to be very good players from the outset I question whether there are enough bodies to play the D that Bullough intends to play and if one or two of those bodies gets nicked the team is in scramble mode.
The title of the thread was, What is left to recruit for 2016? Yours was the 10th post in , and you have to insinuate something about a coach. That had nothing to do with the thread, that is why people consider you a negative nancy, that comment had nothing to do with the conversation. If you want to make a comment about whether you believe what a coach said, start a thread on the football board.

The collective response to your post was stunning - equal parts predictable, vacuous, reflexive, and lacking in any kind of attempt at thoughtful engagement. You know, what a message board for fans is supposed to be about. I imagine many here look at the state run media of China or North Korea and find inspiration.

CusyLegacy said "criticism of other posters isn't acceptable". I'm anxiously awaiting the reprimand bcubs will receive for calling RoofBeam a curse word - you know, an actual attack on another poster instead of an invented one. I won't be holding my breath.

This is not directed at any one poster but it needs to be said:

If you want to stay on the board long term, my advice is to treat your fellow posters with respect and consideration. People don't have to agree with each other but when you disagree, disagree in an agreeable manner.

This is an important rule and it needs to be followed.

Thanks in advance for your willingness to follow this rule...it is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom