What is the acutal driving time | Syracusefan.com

What is the acutal driving time

sabach

All American
from Syracuse to Pittsburgh? My son and I are going on Saturday and I was wondering. Mapquest says 6 1/2 hours but sometimes Mapquest is off. Thanks.

from Syracuse to Pittsburgh? My son and I are going on Saturday and I was wondering. Mapquest says 6 1/2 hours but sometimes Mapquest is off. Thanks.
It's probably accurate, maybe a bit over the actual time required. You can probably do it in 5:30, but that would require pushing the speed limit the majority of the way. Probably not a great idea because NYS Troopers love to set traps on the thruway.

It's a pretty easy drive as long as no lake effect snow is in the forecast.

It's probably accurate, maybe a bit over the actual time required. You can probably do it in 5:30, but that would require pushing the speed limit the majority of the way. Probably not a great idea because NYS Troopers love to set traps on the thruway.

It's a pretty easy drive as long as no lake effect snow is in the forecast.
Thanks for the info. Forecast is for 70 degrees in Pittsburgh. Nice.

i've driven there a few times. 6 hours each time i have done it.

i've driven there a few times. 6 hours each time i have done it.
That's what I was thinking. Usually 6 1/2 on Mapquest means 6 in real time. Anyone know yet where the SU people are meeting pre-game? My son wants to eat a Rothelisburger at Peppi's, but that is almost a mile from the arena and they may not even be open on Saturday.