What is there to get excited about | Syracusefan.com

What is there to get excited about

bothsocksup

Starter
I’m a half glass full guy. But looking ahead, what is there to get excited about. I love Dino the man, he’s a great face of our program. But we kind of know what we’re gonna get at this point, and looking ahead, what is there to get excited about?

Next year we will have CDRW at the helm, is he the guy that’s gonna get us to the next level? There was a thread about apathy toward the Clemson game. And I kind of agree. I think we need to start fresh here and find a way to bring some excitement back.

I’m a half glass full guy. But looking ahead, what is there to get excited about. I love Dino the man, he’s a great face of our program. But we kind of know what we’re gonna get at this point, and looking ahead, what is there to get excited about?

Next year we will have CDRW at the helm, is he the guy that’s gonna get us to the next level? There was a thread about apathy toward the Clemson game. And I kind of agree. I think we need to start fresh here and find a way to bring some excitement back.

Whether Dinos here or not I can assure you CDRW will not be the starting qb.

That we can be an 8-4 team, which would be a successful regular season.

I’m very upset tonight for several reasons, but by nature I tend to see the bright side when it comes to sports. It’s almost a certainty that we will be bowling. That alone is enough to get me excited.

It’s not going to be the warm weather bowl that we would like most likely, but we will be looking forward to one more game come Christmas time. I’ve always said as long as we’re bowling I’m happy.

The first half against Army was concerning, first half against Clemson was embarrassing, this was such a bad game from start to finish today - one of the worst I’ve ever seen an SU team play just in terms of our performance across the board …

I look at what Wake Forest has done with their football program and that should be us every year. Our athletic department seems to be committed to winning by upgrading facilities and bringing in better coaches. I imagine they like Dino, as many of us do, but they also need to see results. It’s becoming a better proposition to let him go the longer this season goes.

it felt like this team was ready to take the next step. Granted. A couple of bad injuries, awful officiating and bad break have happened derailing any chance for that “special season”

We all have to recalibrate our expectations. This season was starting to feel like the season that last year should have been; a potential for 10 wins or more and possibly a NY6 bowl.

That’s gone.

Let’s just hope for a decent mid tier bowl game and hope to win that game. And in the process, not get embarrassed again like that.

Last edited:
Somebody who can consistently throw catchable balls should not be too much to ask for. Doesn’t have to be Drake Maye level.

Won the games they're suppose to win and lost the games they're supposed to lose. If they come out and lay a stinker at VT after the bye someone can hand me the pitchfork and I'll take my place in line.
I normally would feel the same way but that punt after the penalty on 4th and 1 was really, really bad.

We all have to recalibrate our expectations. This season was starting to feel like the season that last year should have been; a potential for 10 wins or more and possibly a NY6 bowl.

That’s gone.

Let’s just hope for a decent mid tier bowl game and hope to win that game. And in the process, not get embarrassed again like that.
What do you think is going to happen next week?

I’m getting excited that I’ve been busy the last two weeks and couldn’t watch the game. I might be busy next weekend. Why is that exciting, it means the real season starts after Florida State just like we all thought it would.

Really really frustrating. Babers has done a ton of good things over the course of his tenure. But it's just been too slow and not enough. That was a damn good football team, one that we beat in Dino's 3rd year with lesser players. In the 5 years since they have taken a major step forward. That qb is most likely the 2nd overall pick, and they have high level talent up and down that roster. To see a relative peer move forward while we have stagnated...it's really frustrating.

To those who would actually know: do we have the NIL that can hang in the top half of the current ACC?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom