What is wrong with jb | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

What is wrong with jb

As a unc fan the most hilarious part of his petty rant was probably talking about how theres "no recruits" down there. If I was a cuse fan Id be concerned that my coach was so out of touch with national acc level recruiting.Maybe if he tried to start scouring the area for players cuse might finish in the top 6 occasionally in this league he so clearly despises. He apparently doesnt realize just how many local players unc and duke have acquired over the years. This past recruiting class featured 4 players from North carolina in the top 20 nationally.

I get that Greensboro is probably outdated. But the timing after you lose in round one of a tournament thats IN NEW YORK, is pretty laughable. I can imagine Roy williams or K entering the old big east and berating MSG and the roots of the conference-Im sure you all would just love that and be fine with it. Listening to the press conference, it really wasnt taken out of context at all. One only need to listen to his voice crackle in pubescent anger as he spoke the words-it was as if hed been holding this in for a long, long, long time and now was vomiting it up after another early exit.

Greensboro is not probably outdated...it is outdated and a terrible place to hold a conference tourney unless its for a mid-major conference. Nothing to do there outside of the games and stadium is in the middle of nowhere. Take it out of the rotation and move it to Charlotte or Raleigh and that is fine.

Definitely not the venue to bring up where he feels the tourney should be played. Comes across as sour grapes.

UNC fans like it because its a 45 minute drive and they can head home after games and are not stuck in Greensboro.

There is zero reason to have the ACC Tournament in Greensboro. This is the premier basketball conference in the country, not some mid-major.

Maybe we should move it out of Brooklyn to Scranton, PA when the ACCT is up north.

Gottleib agrees with Boeheim. He's got that going for him.

My point isnt about Greensboro its about JB ranting about something each news conference that either is out of context, mean spirited, or condescending. He has always been ly but recently he just seems to act like a .

He wasn't ranting and it wasn't a random quote. He was asked about his thoughts on NYC and he gave an opinion that is more fleshed out if you actually read the media report. He gave valid reasons as to why the ACC needs to look beyond playing in the sticks of Greensboro. You think the Big East becomes what it did if they remained in Providence because their offices were there? Dave Gavitt was a visionary well ahead of his time. 30+ years later and the ACC still doesn't get it.

As a unc fan the most hilarious part of his petty rant was probably talking about how theres "no recruits" down there. If I was a cuse fan Id be concerned that my coach was so out of touch with national acc level recruiting.Maybe if he tried to start scouring the area for players cuse might finish in the top 6 occasionally in this league he so clearly despises. He apparently doesnt realize just how many local players unc and duke have acquired over the years. This past recruiting class featured 4 players from North carolina in the top 20 nationally.

I get that Greensboro is probably outdated. But the timing after you lose in round one of a tournament thats IN NEW YORK, is pretty laughable. I can imagine Roy williams or K entering the old big east and berating MSG and the roots of the conference-Im sure you all would just love that and be fine with it. Listening to the press conference, it really wasnt taken out of context at all. One only need to listen to his voice crackle in pubescent anger as he spoke the words-it was as if hed been holding this in for a long, long, long time and now was vomiting it up after another early exit.

Huh? That doesn't even make sense. If the old BE tourney was in Albany or something and Roy or K complained, they would be right and that would be equivalent to what Boeheim said. Based on Boeheim's reasoning, Roy and K would have no reason to complain about NYC.

Not one person complaining about what Boeheim said can even address his actual point and why it's wrong. Just using it as a chance to throw your little shots about how well his team is or isn't doing. LOL at calling his "rant", petty and then posting nothing but petty stuff that doesn't even address his point.

I don't root for Syracuse basketball because the coach is nice. As long as he's not assaulting players or banging hookers, I just don't care how much of a jerk he is or isn't.

That's a high bar you've set there. ;)

When the ACC poached seven Big East teams to stave off their demise, they no longer were a Carolina conference. Asinine in 2017 that the League bends over backwards for them.

When the ACC poached seven Big East teams to stave off their demise, they no longer were a Carolina conference. Asinine in 2017 that the League bends over backwards for them.

Even more asinine that some SU fans think we're "invited guests" who should be seen and not heard. Half the league is made up of "invited guests" I guess? And the old guard are the only ones who can have an opinion?

Ridiculous. It's a new day. New league. We're as much a part of it as anyone else. The Carolina old guard fans have to get used to it, like every other fanbase around the country because every league has changed.

Am I the only one appalled at the questions reporters ask? I mean Dana really? You ask the head coach of a bubble team three times whether you think they belong in? No common sense.

Then you ask a coach that has coached 10 million games in NY if he likes the ACC tourney being in NY?

What next...his favorite color?

I don't root for Syracuse basketball because the coach is nice. As long as he's not assaulting players or banging hookers, I just don't care how much of a jerk he is or isn't.

Going into Yogi mode, I agree with you 100% except for the hooker part ;)

I don't think it's an unreasonable take to consider Jim to be a royal jerk when he's in one his moods yet the underlying point he's making has a degree of substance. You can agree on both points if you ask me.

Exactly. Agree with your earlier take (and I share this with Boeheim): he misses the Big East, so he's throwing in a little jab. Why not? He just lost a crappy who-cares noon game in a new arena across the river from where we played so many games that mattered. I'm right there with him.

On the other hand, nobody likes a surly coach. Praise New York without dumping on Greensboro. Or save it until July. But it's a bad look coming off a frustrating loss.

He's not wrong, it should be in a big city. Whether it's D.C, NYC or Charlotte. The ACC doesn't gain anything from having it in Greensboro.

He's not wrong, it should be in a big city. Whether it's D.C, NYC or Charlotte. The ACC doesn't gain anything from having it in Greensboro.

But, but, but...Coach K gets to go home and walk his dog after the game if it's Greensboro!

Coach K is an ACC lifer who thought the ACC was better than the Big East. His opinion means squat.

Right? Of course he would want the tournament 45 minutes from his house. I mean, Duke or UNC used to win that tournament almost every single year.

Not anymore. It's everybody's league now.

The question he was asked was this - Q. Coach, I know you're the, quote-unquote, home team for this being in New York, but do you like the fact this is a more neutral site for this tournament, and would you like to see that going forward?

His response "There's no value in playing Greensboro, none. It's there because the league's been there and the office is there, and they have 150 people that the ACC needs. That's why it's there. It should not be there. You get in the media centers and the recruiting centers, how many players do they have in Greensboro? I mean, New York, Washington, Atlanta, that's where the media centers are. Madison Square Garden made the Big East conference. There's a couple other factors, but made the Big East conference. And I'm saying all that because I don't give a ."

His response didn't actually address the issue in the question about neutrality of the site. Actually, if we played it in Atlanta, doesn't that give Georgia Tech the home court advantage? That's what the reporter was going after; Greensboro as a less than 'neutral' site for all teams outside of NC, and not if Greensboro is a fun venue to be in after you've bowed out early in the tourney YET AGAIN!!!!

He's so done with this.

My proof is that the league survived 30 plus years while having the tournament in Greensboro a good percentage of the time and producing huge amounts of revenue along with hundreds of NBA players. Is that proof enough of "value" for you?

Who cares? It's 2017. It's a new league. 7 new teams in the last 13 or so years. The whole college landscape has changed.

This ain't your mom and pop Tobacco Road schools run the whole ACC anymore. What worked then won't work now.

There is zero reason to have the ACC Tournament in Greensboro. This is the premier basketball conference in the country, not some mid-major.

Maybe we should move it out of Brooklyn to Scranton, PA when the ACCT is up north.

Hey, at least they've got a Waffle House

Who cares? It's 2017. It's a new league. 7 new teams in the last 13 or so years. The whole college landscape has changed.

This ain't your mom and pop Tobacco Road schools run the whole ACC anymore. What worked then won't work now.

High off your hog UNC poster makes me want the NCAA to come down and give them a 3 year ban so they finish worse than BC for a decade.

He has said this multiple times before so to me it was him just saying the same thing again.

High off your hog UNC poster makes me want the NCAA to come down and give them a 3 year ban so they finish worse than BC for a decade.

LOL, nothing that guy has said has made any sense whatsoever. His only point was "I like the way the ACC used to be".

We probably all liked the way our old leagues used to be. Oh well. Times change.

The question he was asked was this - Q. Coach, I know you're the, quote-unquote, home team for this being in New York, but do you like the fact this is a more neutral site for this tournament, and would you like to see that going forward?

His response "There's no value in playing Greensboro, none. It's there because the league's been there and the office is there, and they have 150 people that the ACC needs. That's why it's there. It should not be there. You get in the media centers and the recruiting centers, how many players do they have in Greensboro? I mean, New York, Washington, Atlanta, that's where the media centers are. Madison Square Garden made the Big East conference. There's a couple other factors, but made the Big East conference. And I'm saying all that because I don't give a ."

His response didn't actually address the issue in the question about neutrality of the site. Actually, if we played it in Atlanta, doesn't that give Georgia Tech the home court advantage? That's what the reporter was going after; Greensboro as a less than 'neutral' site for all teams outside of NC, and not if Greensboro is a fun venue to be in after you've bowed out early in the tourney YET AGAIN!!!!

He's so done with this.

You left out the other three paragraphs from the quote which fleshes out the response.

Q: has or will JB ever play an NCAA game in Greensboro?

Also am I crazy but didn't he insult them (or someone like them) a couple years ago?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom