What this fan wants to see Thursday | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

What this fan wants to see Thursday

I won’t be seeing anything tomorrow. I’m currently in Nashville. I’ll let the final score on Friday morning tell me everything
All cell phone towers are out in Nashville?

I want to see an offensive line that gets a push. I think SU can run the ball tomorrow. Have to be patient and not turn the ball over. Shrader eyes on you. Too many mistakes for a fifth year guy. And yes I understand he is by far the best option.

Show up

Interesting that they only practiced 1x during the bye week and then Sun Mon Tues. Travel day today with a walk through. Not sure if that schedule is a good or bad thing. We'll see.

I feel like during the bye week, a guy like Perry got a ton of reps in practice. My gut tells me we'll see him mix in more the rest of the season.
I hope you are right, we really need a mean dog on the defensive line
We used to have the Kimmel brothers, Ted Gregory, Tim Green. People who made QB's hear footsteps.

Absolutely makes no sense. We need to defer every time.
That's funny. So many people on here have begged to take the ball if we win the toss. Now the tide is turning. I've always been a defer person myself. If you have a lead at the half, it's demoralizing for the other team to know they're not getting it. If you're behind, it feels like you have a chance to get right back in the game.

That's funny. So many people on here have begged to take the ball if we win the toss. Now the tide is turning. I've always been a defer person myself. If you have a lead at the half, it's demoralizing for the other team to know they're not getting it. If you're behind, it feels like you have a chance to get right back in the game.
Especially if the defense is supposed to be good. If they get that first stop and then score(a touchdown)first, they SHOULD have the advantage………….should

I wonder if it has been Beck or if it has been Shrader that has had trouble making the adjustments to the spy.
Its been all of them. Shrader stares down his primary and has tunnel vision, In addition his arm strenght isnt there this year as he is floating everything. Add to that he doesnt trust his recievers so he isnt throwing them open rather he is waiting for them to be open. Horrible combination

There are three potential fixes that i can think of.

1 throw on first down when you are not expecting pressure.
2 throws to the TE
3 Roll Shrader out and provide him with a rolling pocket that allows for a tighter field for him to make his read over and might help with tunnel vision as he doesn't have to scan the whole field. It also obviously provides him with the ability to run. Out of this formation i would run option with the ability to pitch keep and or make a throw. We could also run backside screens out of this to try and stop the rush and also run a reverse out of this for the same reason.

I don't think it matters that much. Possessions will always be about equal (89-88 so far this year). I think it comes down to who you have more confidence in: your offense or your defense. Getting the ball to start the half seems like an advantage until you do nothing with it. Later in the game, Dino will punt from midfield, hoping to bottle them up deep in their own territory. You could look at the second half kickoff as a similar opportunity.

Always defer. Just pay attention to Belichick. ALWAYS defer.

Completely agree. It’s a mental edge. It keeps you optimistic at half if you’re down. Now if we play Colgate, WMU, etc. sure set the tone. Conference play? Nope

Its been all of them. Shrader stares down his primary and has tunnel vision, In addition his arm strenght isnt there this year as he is floating everything. Add to that he doesnt trust his recievers so he isnt throwing them open rather he is waiting for them to be open. Horrible combination

There are three potential fixes that i can think of.

1 throw on first down when you are not expecting pressure.
2 throws to the TE
3 Roll Shrader out and provide him with a rolling pocket that allows for a tighter field for him to make his read over and might help with tunnel vision as he doesn't have to scan the whole field. It also obviously provides him with the ability to run. Out of this formation i would run option with the ability to pitch keep and or make a throw. We could also run backside screens out of this to try and stop the rush and also run a reverse out of this for the same reason.
I don't know if there are many here who are going to come up with "fixes" that staff has not already thought of or tried.

With respect to your fixes, they threw 16 passes on 26 1st down plays vs Clemson. Those pass plays netted 2 total yards (2 sacks and only 3 completions for positive yards). Against FSU, 17 of the 25 1st down plays were runs (for 67 yards/ 3.9 per rush).

Against FSU, the majority of the pass plays were roll outs, IIRC

There are no easy fixes. Period. Any fix will come via game planning relative to the strengths/weaknesses of the opponent, and then execution.

I hope you are right, we really need a mean dog on the defensive line
We used to have the Kimmel brothers, Ted Gregory, Tim Green. People who made QB's hear footsteps.
Used to? That was 40 years ago.

A W without any potential cause for a heart attack..

Find out who the spy on GS is on the first play. Let GS run right at him and drive his shoulder right into the guy’s solar plexus. Don’t try to go around him. Go right at him. I’m confidant GS will come out on top and the spy will be thinking twice all game long.

I don't know if there are many here who are going to come up with "fixes" that staff has not already thought of or tried.

With respect to your fixes, they threw 16 passes on 26 1st down plays vs Clemson. Those pass plays netted 2 total yards (2 sacks and only 3 completions for positive yards). Against FSU, 17 of the 25 1st down plays were runs (for 67 yards/ 3.9 per rush).

Against FSU, the majority of the pass plays were roll outs, IIRC

There are no easy fixes. Period. Any fix will come via game planning relative to the strengths/weaknesses of the opponent, and then execution.
The main fix is better oline and WR play. But that's not an easy fix.

Art Jones, chris Slaton, Freeney, C. jones, jay bromley, Christian Ferrara, Kendall Coleman, Alton Robinson, Rob Burnett, etc
Kingsley Jonathan, Josh Black of recent vintage too

I just hope the SU football team can play with the same tenacity that I demonstrated over the past five hours after I accidentally left my phone in the back of an Uber.
hopefully you got it back, did you?

March to 10 wins starts tomorrow I’ll be at this one am extremely excited forced a work trip into the area to catch it. None of the customers want to see me or have a visit but who cares you’re getting some donuts whether you like it or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom