What this fan wants to see Thursday | Syracusefan.com

What this fan wants to see Thursday

Cuse12

All Conference
So I know I went HAM on how I feel about Dino after last games performance and I currently still feel that way. Dino you want to get this die hard off the ledge? Here’s what I need to see.

1. The WHOLE playbook.

I don’t want to see Shrader protected like a house of cards anymore. That does not work. I want options, new schemes, and shots taken. I want to see the middle of the field utilized. I want to see plays and go “whoa that was creative and new”. It’s time to throw the kitchen sink.

2. Take every chance.

If we are over the 50 and it’s 4th and short go for it. I personally don’t want to play cute football right now. For example I don’t want to be down 3 in the 3rd and even think about a fg past 40 yards. I want to see us coach to win. Put it all on the line.

3. Trick play

Kinda parlays off point 1, but this is probably going to be a one possession type game late I feel. Again, just show me you want to win. Maybe line up for a punt at the mid field mark and pull it. Maybe we line up for a FG and spread out to show a truck play and get VT to call a TO or if they don’t run the play and have a plan.

4. JUST SHOW ME YOU ARE DOING EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO WIN.

I don’t care. Play/coach this game like it’s your last. I want to be proud of our fight and preparation.

Be more physical. Both sides of the ball. Big hits on D power runs on O. I've seen enough of our passing game.

I’m going to say scrap the read option and go traditional play action if GS can’t make the proper reads out of the gun.

65 yard FG attempts.

Punting on 3rd down.

Use all the timeouts on the first drive.
Wow, I mean, you're a mayor?

Really?

Because, uh, I hope you're a better civil servant than these ideas of what you want to see suggest.

They sound awful, to be honest.

Just really bad.

Did you write this from the VPI perspective?

Wow, I mean, you're a mayor?

Really?

Because, uh, I hope you're a better civil servant than these ideas of what you want to see suggest.

They sound awful, to be honest.

Just really bad.

Did you write this from the VPI perspective?

I want to hit the pace car, just so we can be perfect.

I'd like to see Shrader running like he did last time in Blacksburg, and like he did at Purdue. Where the home crowd just feels helpless. 3rd and 7? He gets 9. Keeps getting to the chains.

I think we'll be in manage the game mode. So if our D has success stopping their O, you won't see our O taking many chances.

I'd like to see Shrader running like he did last time in Blacksburg, and like he did at Purdue. Where the home crowd just feels helpless. 3rd and 7? He gets 9. Keeps getting to the chains.

I think we'll be in manage the game mode. So if our D has success stopping their O, you won't see our O taking many chances.
Yeah, similar to Purdue, you look to Rocky Long and your senior QB to get you the win.

LOL, He can do all of those things you just mentioned, and depending on the outcome, there will still be a bunch of critics. They just need to win. Winning cures all problems and issues
Absolutely. Or he can can lose by a ton and do none of those things like we just saw.

I want to see:
no drops
no stupid penalties( illegal procedure//late hits)
LB's taking VATechs running game away
Shrader making the right read on option plays
Denaburg splitting the uprights from 43 yards...ONCE
Hustle/enthusiasm...if I see the 2-deeps on kickoff slowly trotting off the field when the ball goes in the endzone...:mad:
the stadium half empty with 5 minutes left in the game

we have scored 65-48-35-29-14-7-3

Either we score zero to finish off the streak or something breaks our way hopefully.
Is that the Fibonacci sequence?

Okay, if I had to guess based on historical trends it looks like we are scoring -13 points on Thursday. But unless we find a way to do the impossible, we can't score < 0 so I am guessing we score 2.6 .

1698153202393.png
1698153486425.png

I believe every team since Purdue, who was apparently coached by apes, has had a spy assigned to Garrett.

He can't run with a spy just focusing on him. And I think it has gotten in his head a bit.

I have confidence VT is not coached by apes and will also spy Garrett. Spying Garrett should in theory weaken the defense. We should be able to take advantage but Coach Beck has struggled to make adjustments here.

It looks to me as though we have tried to throw the ball over the middle some, over the spy into an area that is generally wide open. I think sometimes our receivers (sometimes TEs) have struggled to get open and sometimes we have someone open but the OL gets pushed backwards 5 yards or more, giving Garrett little room to make a pass. We are getting a lot of passes knocked down by DL in our backfield. That is a huge problem.

Part of that is because Clemson, UNC and FSU have a bunch of DL who are bigger and stronger than our OL and they have been able to physically dominate the line of scrimmage. Looking at the VT depth chart, their DL isn't as big as the schools we have been playing. They aren't remotely as good either. Our OL should be able to hold their own. Also see a bunch of DBs in the 180 range. Our WRs match up physically better with them than most ACC schools.

VT totally shut down Wake's rushing attack in their last game. They were hurt by some deep balls but they got a lot of pressure on the WF QBs and ended up with 7 sacks. WF QBs fumbled the ball 4 times as well. VT has 13 TFL in the game. That is insane. They blitzed Wake repeatedly with no fear and Wake was unable to take advantage (inexperienced QBs played a role here).

Drones was VT's best running threat and he threw for 321 yards as well.

I expect VT will try the same formula on us that they did on Wake. They will play 7 men in the box, try and take away the run, play press coverage, blitz like crazy and dare us to try and beat them long. And spy on Garrett for good measure.

The same stuff we have been seeing. Hopefully the staff can come up with some answers to this approach and hopefully better matchups will also play a roll in getting better results.

This is a big game for the program, the head coach and the offensive coordinator. Hell, it is a big test for Rocky Long too. VT does not have good RBs. If we can take away the run and keep Drones in the pocket, and throw some stuff at him, we have a good chance to shut their offense down. We have struggled the last few weeks stopping the power run game but VT does not have the OL or RBs we have been seeing. It should not be a big ask to shut down their running game. If we can't, we are going to struggle to stop anyone for the rest of the year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom