What this fan wants to see Thursday | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

What this fan wants to see Thursday

Yes. I felt like Liam Neeson trying to get his daughter back in Taken.
That sucks, I lost my phone in a cab back before Uber was around. It was at a conference and to tell you when it was I used my BlackBerry as my phone for the rest of the conference. Glad you got yours back!

Find out who the spy on GS is on the first play. Let GS run right at him and drive his shoulder right into the guy’s solar plexus. Don’t try to go around him. Go right at him. I’m confidant GS will come out on top and the spy will be thinking twice all game long.
Sounds like it's time for the ED dropping the BC player video. Have GS just play that on a video loop until he goes to sleep.

Is this the first time in history that SU and the Bills have played at the same exact time?

Is this the first time in history that SU and the Bills have played at the same exact time?

Isn't it amazing how many times over the years their seasons seem to have a similar path. We went from 4-0 to 4-3. they were a major Super Bowl contender and are also 4-3.

the SPY starts to have issues if the oline can block a 4 man rush, then the spy is fairly close to the line and the hole is behind him.. But teams that spy us have also gotten a push and then the spy stops the runs and we dont have time to pass either..

roll outs will work if we can control the DE.

Lots of things can work but you really need a better oline to make it happen.

We dont even run well when teams have 5 in the box so teams stop the run and flood the passing lanes.

VT stuffed Pitt and Wake from running , but FSU ran for almost 300. Marschall for 220, rutgers for 250, purdue for 180, OD for 200. The only win came as ODU had 3 Turnovers.

Pretty much if they cant stop the run they lose.

Yeah, really excellent observations. Our offensive line projected to remain at least adequate, even figuring that 2 or 3 guys might go down. I think we had around 9 guys who hard started college games before, including the transfers. So, the fall off in production is really troubling, and doesn't say the best things about the coaching so far.

Yes, talent wins games, but offensive line play is taught. It's about coordination much more than individual talent. And we have seemed to have fallen apart. Yes, these teams were better, but we weren't even "good" against them. We regressed. The naked eye can see it.

Here is what I don't want to see..

- VT driving down and scoring a touchdown with several chunk plays
- SU losing yards and punting in 3 plays

For me, it will be pretty clear early how the game is going to go.

Well, they have to stop running on first down. Let's start with that.

Let's add in, use the middle of the field and pass to your TEs or your slot guys on slants, and square ins and button hooks. (Although I can't imagine they would still call them that ... LOL)

What happened to using the counter and trap blocking to create holes for RBs to take advantage of? What happened to the wheel routes to our RB? Whatever happened to the screen pass?

That's a known, proven way to slow down a rush that is overpowering an overmatched offensive line, and it seems like in year 8 under Babers, no matter who the OL coach is (and there have been MANY), we can't execute a GD screen pass.

Not that bubble screen crap, like under the Clemson coach we had under Shafer, but a real-to-goodness, acting job by the OL, the QB back pedaling, and then toss it over the rush to your RB, with blocking support, going against safeties and LBs?

I hope you are right, we really need a mean dog on the defensive line
We used to have the Kimmel brothers, Ted Gregory, Tim Green. People who made QB's hear footsteps.

Penalties would force those guys to play differently today, unfortunately.

Here is what I don't want to see..

- VT driving down and scoring a touchdown with several chunk plays
- SU losing yards and punting in 3 plays

For me, it will be pretty clear early how the game is going to go.
NICE GUYS !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom