What was Ashton praying for on the sidelines? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What was Ashton praying for on the sidelines?

He was clearly hurt, but wanted to try to play through it. Nothing more, nothing less.
Seriously? Wrong. It was lots more than that. In a bowl game he told his coach FU.

Seriously? Wrong. It was lots more than that. In a bowl game he told his coach FU.

Maybe not precisely that but pretty damn close. Shafer was furious. (And I was hoping for a breakout game for Ashton:(.)

was holding his arm from the start - bad shoulder?
1st catch he made and rolled on his shoulder out of bounds he was holding his arm limp on the way back to the huddle. Even if it wasn'r his shoulder good players want the ball thrown to them downfield. I remember Marvin Harrison compaining years after the fact that he wasn't thrown to enough in Bowl games. Too bad Parish and Broyld weren't utilised on down field routes

You've never seen anything like that? Clearly you haven't been watching as much football as you say.
I'm not talking about him being mad and whipping off his chin strap. I've never seen a player refuse to come out of a game. Ever. And cost his team a timeout. Have you seen that?

Broyld made a grab, got up gingerly with his shoulder dangling. He got up lined up, and we sent a WR on to replace him, Broyld pushed him away, 10 secs later we called a TO, Shafer said something to. Broyld and. Broyld didn't say "no" but was visibly upset by it. Never got back in as far as I saw.

As to the OP question, my guess is a TD
I believe he was hurt early in the game

money3189 said:
you guys are looking too much into this. Ashton just didnt want to come out. Wanted to help his team win despite being hurt. It looked to me that Shafer made a call to get him out before he hurt himself more. I didnt like the way Ashton reacted either but I dont think that was the reason he didnt come back in. The announcers were right though. Didnt look good. Looked like he was showing off Shafer

He ignored a coaches decision. He made us waste a TO. A TO that we almost needed at the end. He then showed off his frustration with a coaches decision, not a dropped pass or missed block, a coaches decision.

He ignored a coaches decision. He made us waste a TO. A TO that we almost needed at the end. He then showed off his frustration with a coaches decision, not a dropped pass or missed block, a coaches decision.
I think some coaches would ask him to transfer. I don't think Shafer will.

kuethstheman said:
I think some coaches would ask him to transfer. I don't think Shafer will.

Nope, Shafer won't do that. And if a reporter asks him about what happened, he won't throw AB under the bus either.

You guys have got it all wrong. He was clearly praying that Hollywood execs get their heads out of their collective asses and finally make the gritty Gremlins reboot that the masses are clamoring for.

I seriously doubt anybody would ask a guy in top 10 single season reception leaders in school history as a sophomore to transfer because he got upset the coach took him out because he was injured and was trying to protect him.
Players go in and out on most plays. I believe refusing to come out (and jeopardizing the outcome of a game to even a small extent) would be enough for some coaches to run a kid off, even if he's a good player. Especially the disciplinarian type coaches that are bigger than the school that employs them. Especially if the kid is prone to bad behavior.

In the few press conferences I've seen. I think shafer loves him and loves his competitiveness , which means I think he is prepared to handle him and channel it appropriately.

with emerging Estime and the WRs coming in, maybe he should switch to LB or safety where he can put this aggression to better use?
Broyld is a personal foul waiting to happen as a LB. He has too much anger/aggression.

He's remarkably immature.

Coach tells you to get off the field then you get off the damn field. Period.

We wasted a TO to make him leave? Inexcusable.

I hope he grows up. Personally I've thought he's been overrated since last year. For all the hyperventilating about his athleticism, he's basically a possession receiver who abhors contact.

In the few press conferences I've seen. I think shafer loves him and loves his competitiveness , which means I think he is prepared to handle him and channel it appropriately.

Exactly. Some of you are over reacting. Your letting his past effect your present day thinking of him. Do some of you constantly see Ashton acting like a jerk on the field? seriously? Is he 's constantly showing off the coach? Do you see him constantly doing bone head things and hurting his team with penalties? His scholly should be taken. lol. Ashton hasn't played one position for more than a year. He lead us in receptions whether they were bubbles screens or not. He was a big piece as a sophomore. Never played RB or WR before. He is only going to get better. The coaches are not saying he's the best athlete on the team just to say it. He is going to make some bad decisions here and there. Shafer will correct them and he will learn to control his emotions. Ive already seen a difference in his demeanor. I am thankful that Marone and Shaf have helped him work on those flaws in his character.

He's remarkably immature.

Coach tells you to get off the field then you get off the damn field. Period.

We wasted a TO to make him leave? Inexcusable.

I hope he grows up. Personally I've thought he's been overrated since last year. For all the hyperventilating about his athleticism, he's basically a possession receiver who abhors contact.

Why is he over rated? what are you expecting him to do?

Why is he over rated? what are you expecting him to do?
i thought his season was remarkable considering its his 3rd position in 2 years. I expect more from him next year!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom