What was Ashton praying for on the sidelines? | Syracusefan.com

What was Ashton praying for on the sidelines?

OrangeAl

2020-21 Iggy Award Winner Hoops Regular Season Rcd
Maybe that he'll get another chance to see the field next season? I don't believe he ever got back in after his insubordination.

tptcuse

Living Legend
OrangeAl said:
Maybe that he'll get another chance to see the field next season? I don't believe he ever got back in after his insubordination.
Did he really refuse to come off of the field??

tptcuse

Living Legend
Cheriehoop said:
The announcers said SU had to use a timeout to get him off.
ouch. I was watching on my phone. Thought that was what happened, but couldn't believe it.

dasher

Living Legend
Syracuse will spin it any way they want, he didn't get back in the game because of his conduct.

Libero2

All American
ouch. I was watching on my phone. Thought that was what happened, but couldn't believe it.

Broyld made a grab, got up gingerly with his shoulder dangling. He got up lined up, and we sent a WR on to replace him, Broyld pushed him away, 10 secs later we called a TO, Shafer said something to. Broyld and. Broyld didn't say "no" but was visibly upset by it. Never got back in as far as I saw.

As to the OP question, my guess is a TD

Rautins07

Scout Team
I immediately thought of him flashing his package at the end of his high school basketball game, he has some growing up to do that is for sure. He has impressive size and skill, but he seems to be very easy to bring down. Hopefully he will mature and put it all together, will be a force if it all comes together.

money3189

Hall of Fame
you guys are looking too much into this. Ashton just didnt want to come out. Wanted to help his team win despite being hurt. It looked to me that Shafer made a call to get him out before he hurt himself more. I didnt like the way Ashton reacted either but I dont think that was the reason he didnt come back in. The announcers were right though. Didnt look good. Looked like he was showing off Shafer

JoeSU

All American
He was clearly hurt, but wanted to try to play through it. Nothing more, nothing less.
That's the way I saw it. Glad the wasted TO didn't come back to bite us.

OrangeDW

Living Legend
I usually go out of my way to defend everyone on Cuse.

Ashton.... .. 8 yards per reception and 0 TD's...I'm stumped how he got this "playmaker" label. He's a decent possession receiver(pretty good at getting open, questionable hands, big and can make one nice cut, but not all that fast or elusive) and has the potential to maybe be better than average. He needs to grow up, it seems. Mediocre production + headcase = not a good formula.

upperdeck

Living Legend
he was hurt on about his first play in the game and played thru it most of the game

KaiserUEO

2022 and 2x ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
He wasn't getting back in even if 100%. You don't blow off a coaches decision.
Even Reggie ran off the field.

Monster win

OrangeAl

2020-21 Iggy Award Winner Hoops Regular Season Rcd
Just for the record, I'm praying that he matures and develops into a first class player for us. I'm a Marshall High School graduate (Ashton's first high school in the city of Rochester). He does need to get cool, though.

MartyCuse

Starter
I really hope he has a good offseason, matures a little and finishes his career strong. This year during a game up on the hill there was a group of four or five people who had gone to school with him and had traveled to the dome to cheer him on.

Orangetradition44

2nd String
It looked like AB already had a black support wrap on his upper arm / shoulder . He might have been injured to start the game.
OrangeXtreme said:
Broyld looked hurt, so the coaches sent Estime off the bench. Had 12 guys on the field.

kuethstheman

All Conference
you guys are looking too much into this. Ashton just didnt want to come out. Wanted to help his team win despite being hurt. It looked to me that Shafer made a call to get him out before he hurt himself more. I didnt like the way Ashton reacted either but I dont think that was the reason he didnt come back in. The announcers were right though. Didnt look good. Looked like he was showing off Shafer
And all that doesn't bother you? I've never seen anything like that and I've been watching football for a very long time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lax77

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom