What was better the dunk or the Block? | Syracusefan.com

What was better the dunk or the Block?

JarHeadJim

I have never won sheet!
I have to go with the dunk? They both get a T
image.jpg

Dunk because he switched hands in midair.

AND jumped off the wrong foot!! I can't believe he was still able to throw it down.

However, I have not seen a two handed block with such ferocity since Derrick Coleman smothered Joe Hillman on a fast break in the 1987 Championship game. Grant had three Top 10 highlights in one game! Crazy.

Huh, this is one of the toughest questions in board history. :)

I'm going with the dunk - I just did not see that coming with the way he was headed to the rim. Like Jarhead said, that was a holy stuff, jump off the couch type moment for me...

The block, I saw that coming, I just didn't see the two hands volleyball'ish spike it back in your face moment coming along. Both were jaw droppers though.

After the dunk, his block turned into an Ennis runout. If he finished that layup the roof comes off the Garden. Ennis played great but he really needs to work on finishing at the rim. Both of Grant's blocks were epic.

The dunk was a much more difficult play, but the block was just ridiculously embarrassing for the st john's player...who came in with a dunk attempt, and left on the wrong side of a double handed rejection. Weak sauce...

I have to say the block was more impressive. I'm not even sure why he switched to his right hand on the dunk. He jumped off his right foot, so it would have been more natural to dunk with his left hand. He also brought it closer to the defender by switching to his right hand. Either way, two highly athletic and impressive plays!

The dunk. Was really great. Very exciting. Definitely said ESPN top 10 at that moment.
But the block was key to the game. So not to diminish it one bit. Was also great and came at a key moment.
But still overall go with the dunk. Shows such talent.

AND jumped off the wrong foot!! I can't believe he was still able to throw it down.

However, I have not seen a two handed block with such ferocity since Derrick Coleman smothered Joe Hillman on a fast break in the 1987 Championship game. Grant had three Top 10 highlights in one game! Crazy.
How bout the block he made right after his dunk? It was a volley ball spike !

That block was ridiculous, but:

When that dunk happened I, like Jim, jumped off the couch with my sleeping daughter in my arms. He had no business dunking that ball, I still don't understand how he went to dunk left, but hung in air and flushed it with the right instead.

(In all honesty though, I jumped off the couch with the block too.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom