What we are learning about the big east is eveyone | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What we are learning about the big east is eveyone

I can't believe after what we have been watching for six weeks that anyone can honestly think we will win 8 games. I'm hoping like hell to win 2 so we become bowl eligible. I don't see four wins left on our schedule. Are all the teams beatable? Yes, but winning four with this team would be remarkable.

Did you watch any BE football today? We SHOULD go 3-3 to finish to get to 7 wins. 8 wins certainly isn't out of the realm of possibility. And I know this is going to blow some peoples minds, but we have at least the 3rd best QB in the league. That might tell you how flawed this league is.

The only win that should be considered an upset would be wvu... Syracuse needs to step up their commitment to football or we will remain exactly as we are at this point, stuck in white knuckle hell

I can't believe after what we have been watching for six weeks that anyone can honestly think we will win 8 games. I'm hoping like hell to win 2 so we become bowl eligible. I don't see four wins left on our schedule. Are all the teams beatable? Yes, but winning four with this team would be remarkable.

That's the whole point. The BE is THAT bad and I firmly believe Marrone can coach us to wins against these teams.

Agree with what everyone sash regarding the offense. We suck. But as KO said...a goos coach will get three wins min.

44cuse

honestly, if WVU trips up in BE play, the Big East should punt on its BCS spot this year (i know it would never happen). No BE team is playing at a BCS bowl level. It will just be another un-vetted BE team landing in a bowl they don't deserve. we need to get out of the big east asap. Flame away.

The only win that should be considered an upset would be wvu... Syracuse needs to step up their commitment to football or we will remain exactly as we are at this point, stuck in white knuckle hell

What does that mean? Are YOU so much more in favor of winning every game by 30? Is that really fun for a fan? Not me. It is about the ride. No one would be a fan of sports if they didn't get that adrenal rush. Yea, I've gotten some agita this year, but how much more fun is it when they win an OT game? Would people still be talking about McNabb to Brominski game if we'd just come out and won by 35? Or that basketball game vs. UConn in March of 2008?

That white knuckle HELL comment I think is indicative of a spoiled brat type mentality.

Just my $0.02 there.

These next games will tell us a lot about Marrone and his potential here. Louisville, UConn, USF, and Pitt all stink. Cincy is mediocre and at home. A good HC will get 3 wins or more. A mediocre will get 2. A bad will... well I think Marrone proved last year he isn't a bad HC so let's not even think of that.

It doesn't help that our current class is arguably the 2nd worst in the last 9 years. The only one definitely worse was the lame duck transition year from GRob to Marrone. I know recruiting rankings are highly flawed, but they can't be wrong on all of our guys. Add in the fact that we are pretty much going for kids with MAC offers and it doesn't look good. If we had a system it really wouldn't matter as you recruit to that system. But as of now there appears to be no plan on O.

Current class meaning this year's frosh class or this year's senior class?

Lynch, Reddish, Davis, Kobena, Crume, Eskridge, Trudo, et al???

I think the move to the ACC was reflective of a new commitment to major college football success.

Current class meaning this year's frosh class or this year's senior class?

Lynch, Reddish, Davis, Kobena, Crume, Eskridge, Trudo, et al???

Think he's talking about the ones who would sing LOIs in Feb. That is the "current" class. By the numbers (stars) it is not very impressive.

I think the move to the ACC was reflective of a new commitment to major college football success.

No it was about $$$$$$$$$$$

LOL, lets call a spade a spade and not lie to ourselves!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom