What worries me the most... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

What worries me the most...

1. Queeley is going to be good. Amba was fantastic. We have a bunch of big guys who are rated high in the pipeline. Chill on the WR recruiting. Harris is good - needs to mature

2. Lol. How can you make any judgement on the OC *this* season. McF*#^it was awful.

3. I’m all for hitting the transfer market.

We need guys who are good from day 1. Typically you have to be at WR. Projects is how you end up where we are.

Taj got plenty of run in 2018. Hes still the same player.

Play calling isn't great.

We need guys who are good from day 1. Typically you have to be at WR. Projects is how you end up where we are.

Taj got plenty of run in 2018. Hes still the same player.

Play calling isn't great.

Good from day 1? No. That’s not how CFB works. We just had Custis wait 4 years till a light turned on.

All playcalling with no camp, busted OL, etc, etc looks rough.

Morgan’s play in his first start, as a true frosh, can give us some hope. QB is the most important position, but we also need solid lines to run the ball and defend the run.
Will Dino and staff be aggressive in the transfer market? We aren’t going to get back to back winning seasons unless White lands a NT and a safety and Gilbert adds at least one OT and a weapon or two for his offense.

That is the key for us moving forward in my opinion. We have to supplement our recruiting with 4 or 5 transfers a year and hope 2 or 3 of them pan out. I think it’s the only chance Dino has to succeed here.

It's not how college football works here. Frosh at the skill positions contribute at a lot of schools.

lol. I wasn’t saying I wouldn’t play freshman. I was saying having game ready freshman at WR is not something we should expect to be the norm. The post I was responding to made it sound like they grow on trees.

We have a true freshman playing RB and he deserves to play. So I guess we’re all in agreement?

Luke benson, n Johnson, taj Harris, Bergeron, jarveon Howard,

The defense this year was playing multiple true freshmen from the jump,

If kids can contribute babers has no problem playing freshmen, it’s a complete myth that he doesn’t

Yep. It’s the expectation that every freshman is ready to play that I was pushing back on.

Luke benson, n Johnson, taj Harris, Bergeron, jarveon Howard,

The defense this year was playing multiple true freshmen from the jump,

If kids can contribute babers has no problem playing freshmen, it’s a complete myth that he doesn’t

agreed 144%.

Dino runs a meritocracy - you play well in practice, you play in games.

Cisco came in and won a starting gig as a true Frosh.
Moe Neal got plenty of carries as a Frosh.
Rhino has been contributing since year 1.
Trill & Taj.
Mikel.

I always wonder why we can't be like Northwestern. Small private school in Big Ten with good academics. Fitz is 101-79, lots of bowls, several 10 win seasons. They don't get the best recruits, I'm sure their facilities don't compare to the rest of the Big 10 but they usually have good records and always go bowling. If Northwestern can do it, why can't we?

I always wonder why we can't be like Northwestern. Small private school in Big Ten with good academics. Fitz is 101-79, lots of bowls, several 10 win seasons. They don't get the best recruits, I'm sure their facilities don't compare to the rest of the Big 10 but they usually have good records and always go bowling. If Northwestern can do it, why can't we?

we can. Just need to find our pat fitz. I will say if you haven’t seen their new practice facility well that’s a difference maker too

That is the key for us moving forward in my opinion. We have to supplement our recruiting with 4 or 5 transfers a year and hope 2 or 3 of them pan out. I think it’s the only chance Dino has to succeed here.
I mean its not like dino could go somewhere else and magically learn how to recruit and develop players

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom