Whatever happened to Greg Robinson? | Syracusefan.com

Whatever happened to Greg Robinson?

My favorite line

"Bonds got smart and also lets him mingle with the defense."

Comedy at its finest my friends!

The La Canada St. Francis defense is receiving tips from a coach who knows something about defense.Greg Robinson, the former Syracuse coach who spent years as an NFL assistant and college assistant, is helping coach the defense.

This guy has superbowl rings as the defensive coordinator with the broncos in late 90's and they lead off with his abysmal job as SU coach? Could you imagine getting introduced and your worst accomplishment is what you are "known" for?

This guy has superbowl rings as the defensive coordinator with the broncos in late 90's and they lead off with his abysmal job as SU coach? Could you imagine getting introduced and your worst accomplishment is what you are "known" for?

You think just anyone could totally devestate a storied program like Syracuse in just 4 years? SuperBowl rings are overrated. Program killers come along once, maybe twice a generation.

Could you imagine getting introduced and your worst accomplishment is what you are "known" for?

After spending a night in the slammer for getting arrested for shitting in gas tanks, and having multiple Super Bowls as a long-time defensive guru in the NFL, Greg Robinson has landed another defensive gig.

You think just anyone could totally devestate a storied program like Syracuse in just 4 years? SuperBowl rings are overrated. Program killers come along once, maybe twice a generation.
Maxwell, you may be a little short sighted. The previous chancellor & AD had much more to do with the current state of the program then Greg Robinson. Little difficult to attract recruits if you are not willing to spend some money to update the facilities. Mr. Marrone has not done much better,and what little he has accomplished he did with robinsons recruits.

i love that he had to prove his worth as a long snapper coach before getting involved with the defense

Maxwell, you may be a little short sighted. The previous chancellor & AD had much more to do with the current state of the program then Greg Robinson. Little difficult to attract recruits if you are not willing to spend some money to update the facilities. Mr. Marrone has not done much better,and what little he has accomplished he did with robinsons recruits.

Please Newbie. We've been over this ground for years. There is obviously more than enough blame to be apportioned to fill every warehouse between bayonne and flushing.

Good, glad we agree.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Wow

GRob isn't hurting for the money...he is living in Brentwood outside LA...homes there go $1M and up.

He's now coaching at a position that is perfectly suited for his abilities.

How depressing must it be for him that he can only get a job as a HS assistant coach?

Greggers is a variation of the Peter Principal. He sunk to the lowest level of his incompetence.

i feel like there needs to be some type of joke about him being moved away from the long snappers and quick kicking on 3rd down

GRob isn't hurting for the money...he is living in Brentwood outside LA...homes there go $1M and up.

Yea, he's not coaching and doesn't need to. So he's working with someone he knows from college at the local HS. He's probably having a blast. But some here act like he applied for a HS job and hit rock bottom.

Yea, he's not coaching and doesn't need to. So he's working with someone he knows from college at the local HS. He's probably having a blast. But some here act like he applied for a HS job and hit rock bottom.

Right, coaching high school long snappers after having coached in NFL/college is where he wants to be with his career.

Right, coaching high school long snappers after having coached in NFL/college is where he wants to be with his career.

Who said that?

He is 60 or there about, has enough money and maybe he is content to do some coaching as a hobby. Not a bad gig.

He is 60 or there about, has enough money and maybe he is content to do some coaching as a hobby. Not a bad gig.

Could be. I'm 60 and retired. I still do some consulting work but no more than I want and when it stops being fun I'll find something that is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom