What's our backup plan if Battle and Brissett both leave? | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

What's our backup plan if Battle and Brissett both leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to practice a lot of man to be good at it?

Get out of here lol

Right...but it’s known that we don’t even practice it - so it’s not even an option.

There are coaches out there known for playing only man to man. Some guys believe in one defense and making adjustments to it - others believe in switching defenses completely.

I can't speak to Scoop, but I've stood next to Ennis before, and stood face to face w Joseph talking to him last month. I wouldn't say either was a bigger guard. I'd say very average. I think Ennis got in the league w his style, strong handle, and bball iq

Well I don't want to argue semantics since I've got no dog in this fight (other than trying to correct someone else's dishonesty or aggressive misrecollections), but I think those guys are larger than average, if not Carter-Williams big. Obviously Ennis had a bunch of positives associated with him, but I think it's understood that if he had the same skills but had the shape of McNamara or Flynn he'd have been in college for four years like the Carolina kids with the same characteristics.

Duke changes it up, Kentucky changes it up, Hopkins turned a garbage team into a 20 win team and he changes it up.

What do they know.

Hop's defense isn't very good. Duke's is about the same as ours, and they play a lot of zone!

We have to get at least Manuel and another perimeter scorer correct?

My fear is we are square back on the bubble in that scenario. Carey/Howard/Bazley as a big 3 won't cut it unless Moyer/Marek drastically improve their shooting ability. It would be the same scenario as this year.
I don’t think Brissett goes at all. Battle is outta here. Hughes will stay at sg and shoot better percentage while Carey backs both up.hopin for a 30/30/20 min time at guard. Forward will be Bazley and Brissett 35 and 35 min each with Marek getting rest of time. Center should be 25 and 15 depending on which one is playing better. I feel the freshmen this after knee surgery will be much better. Kid can’t jump. Will be a stud next year. 8 man team that will only play 6.5 guys cause it’s Jim. He don’t change. Let’s hope for top 4 in conference.

There's like 6 guys a year that start as rookies in the NBA and about a dozen more that are in the rotation. If you can be a rotation guy in year 1 than you're ready.
Sounds fair. That's about 18 guys a year some of which aren't early entries. How many of our guys have fallen into that category?

If Bayer has a scholarship next year JFC Jim Boeheim.

I wish they had a laughing emoji available here, because I would have gone with that. "JFC" cracked me up - in a sad way, because I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Uconn has a couple recent titles too. Who gives a crap.

I mean, I think UConn fans give a crap. UConn is about to fire Ollie, who has his 2nd straight losing season. That program is in real trouble. We play in the greatest conference, and seem to have a great class next year. Things are lookin up!

I mean, I think UConn fans give a crap. UConn is about to fire Ollie, who has his 2nd straight losing season. That program is in real trouble. We play in the greatest conference, and seem to have a great class next year. Things are lookin up!

Things are looking up. Hopefully we do amazing.

It never meant that.
You're wrong. Look at the guys that left school early in the 80's and 90's. All of them were expected by analysts to be immediate impact players. Guys that weren't, didn't leave early.

I’m not saying they are at the same level, but tell me if I’m understanding your argument correctly. Uconns issues are related to Ollie , but none of Syracuse’s are related to our coach ?? Ollie won a title too.

I’m not saying they are at the same level, but tell me if I’m understanding your argument correctly. Uconns issues are related to Ollie , but none of Syracuse’s are related to our coach ?? Ollie won a title too.

I think the difference is coaching. Boeheim is a great coach. Kevin Ollie, not so much. Kevin Ollie won with JIm Calhoun's team. He has proven he can't get it done.

David Padgett inherited a loaded roster at Louisville. You think they make the NCAA Tournament after last night? I don't.

Boeheim has a team some here thought would have a losing record on the bubble, in a loaded conference.

Well, 2 in the last 5 years...what's the excuse for AZ and KU?

KU goes there every year. If you're going to make a point, at least make it with the right team. It's UK - and guess what, anyone on here who wouldn't prefer to be in UK's shoes (FBI investigation notwithstanding as I'm just going to assume they're involved), is lying to you.

I think the difference is coaching. Boeheim is a great coach. Kevin Ollie, not so much. Kevin Ollie won with JIm Calhoun's team. He has proven he can't get it done.

David Padgett inherited a loaded roster at Louisville. You think they make the NCAA Tournament after last night? I don't.

Boeheim has a team some here thought would have a losing record on the bubble, in a loaded conference.

Who thought they'd have a losing record?

KU goes there every year. If you're going to make a point, at least make it with the right team. It's UK - and guess what, anyone on here who wouldn't prefer to be in UK's shoes (FBI investigation notwithstanding as I'm just going to assume they're involved), is lying to you.

Another school that keep their guys multiple years...

KU (Kansas) hasn't been to a Final Four since 2012. With a roster full of NBA talent every year.

Where to even start with this one...let's see...

Kevin Ollie has any many titles as JB. JB has been in charge of his roster for 40+ years now, so he should probably do something about it. Yes, of course I think JB is the better coach, but your argument is flawed.

David Padgett inherited a "loaded" roster. Didn't realize Deng Adel is Anthony Davis level. Come on. A solid roster, yes. A loaded roster, not even close.

The ACC is actually very down this year. We have 7 conference wins, 2 of which are against a winless Pitt team, 1 against WF, 1 against BC, wich gives us 3 decent wins (UM, VT, & Louisville). Our in conference schedule was actually very fogiving this year, yet we dropped games to BC, WF, GT and an ND team that hardly had a pulse at the time without Colson & Farrell.

I definitely did not expect a whole lot from this year's team, but we have not exceeded expectations. I think it's fair to say, we've met them, at best. Next year should be significantly better assuming OB is back, and I don't really see where he's going just yet. Let's hope things get better real fast, or else we may be staring mediocrity or worse in the face for even longer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.