Whats the magic W number? | Syracusefan.com

Whats the magic W number?

Yeah 20 wins if it’s in the regular season also means we’d have a conference record of 13-7. Even tho the ACC is down this year, 13-7 in conference would get us in. Need to beat one of Duke, Louisville, or FSU to feel really good though.

I thinks its probably 13 ACC wins, but way too early to state it with any real certainty.
The 4 road wins we have had so far help the Q1+Q2.

And while we had a bad OOC, we avoided the terrible loss. If we can keep that Q3/Q4 loss column clean it will be helpful.

I think we have to hit 20 but with an asterisk. One of those wins has to be against a top 25 team

If we win at Pitt, at Miami, at Clemson, at BC, I think it's possible you get away without a big scalp.

That would be an 8-2 road record in conference (which is unheard of for a bubble team no matter how weak the schedule is), and I think 7 of them would be Q1 or Q2 victories.

Thats fair, but we get pitt and bc again (both awful but then again SU makes things interesting, then Wake and Miami too

I haven't seen Miami this year, but they've been tough over the last few seasons. Are they now in a down cycle?

Yeah 20 wins if it’s in the regular season also means we’d have a conference record of 13-7. Even tho the ACC is down this year, 13-7 in conference would get us in. Need to beat one of Duke, Louisville, or FSU to feel really good though.

I agree. 20 wins usually qualifies. The defense is playing really good right now.

The one thing that will not help us, if we keep playing well, is our first ACC tourney game. That could well be a "nuisance" game. A game that does not help your resume, but can only hurt it if you lose.

So we probably need to follow up our regular season with one ACC tournament win, only to avoid a questionable loss.

Nobody should have to beat Duke, Louisville or FSU to get in, in my opinion. They are top 15 teams.
Virginia, VT, and ND have nice wins against us at the moment.

Last edited:
For the life of me I dont know how Pitt has 13 wins

A .500 ACC team can easily schedule less than 4 OOC wins.

I want 20 just so we aren’t even in the discussion. That number takes us out of the talking heads dirty mouths because we will be way above the ACC bubble teams in the conference standings.

Beat Clemson and we are in great shape this team will pull off an upset or two.

20 should do it, and maybe even 19. This isn't like even 6 years ago. There is a lot of mediocrity out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom