Whats the magic W number? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Whats the magic W number?

I really want them to win this Clemson game. It would extend the momentum surge heading into the Duke game and continue to boost the players’ confidence. A win at Clemson would also guarantee at least a .500 road record in conference. Overall, it would be a great narrative heading into the Duke matchup. Clemson’s defense is their strength, but we gotta make more 3s than we did against Pitt!

no one knows what the committee will do
is the B10 getting 11? i dont think so

OSU unless it springs 1-2 upsets is gonna end up about 8-12 in league and 18 wins
purdue probably 16-17 wins
Minn/wisc/PSU will all be fighting to get to 8-9 B10 wins

so how many teams below .500 in the B10 will they take?

for us it helps if ILL/MSU/Mary/Iowa/Indiana/rutgers keep winning and knock all those teams down. i can see a 8-12 team getting in but they wont take 4 of them.

we have like 8 games against teams below us can we got just 5-3 and then 1-2 vs the top 3 that puts us at 12?

really if we can go no worse than 3-2 at home and win 2-3 of the last 3 rd games that still gets us to 11 with hopes of stealing 1. but if we go 4-1 at home and then 2-3 of the those last 3 that puts us at 12-7 losing to all the good teams and at 19 wins..

would a 12 win ACC team stay over 2-3 8 win b10 teams?

if we cant find a way to beat any of those ranked teams one time maybe we dont deserve it anyway

until this team gets to 10 wins it all wont matter cause they wont get in at 9-11 and we know that.

Big Ten probably gets 9 or 10 teams. Everything would have to go right for them to get 11... sort of like when the BE got 11.

But there will be multiple B10 teams getting in with 8-12 records. Basically every win in the BIG is a Q1/Q2 win, and its very hard to get a Q3 loss.

Its the way it has always worked. If a conference does well or bad before January, it dictates everything for the middle of the conference teams come Selection Sunday.

Big Ten probably gets 9 or 10 teams. Everything would have to go right for them to get 11... sort of like when the BE got 11.

But there will be multiple B10 teams getting in with 8-12 records. Basically every win in the BIG is a Q1/Q2 win, and its very hard to get a Q3 loss.

Its the way it has always worked. If a conference does well or bad before January, it dictates everything for the middle of the conference teams come Selection Sunday.
I wonder if this fact might encourage a hedging of bets, i.e. scheduling a non-conference game vs. a P-5 opponent in January or February. Then, if you've had a bad pre-conference record but have improved since, you can make up some ground.

On a somewhat related note--somehow, I tripped across a show on the SEC Network, and listened for 5 minutes as their talking heads yapped about the 5-5 split in their series vs. the Big XII. One of them opined that this outcome guaranteed their league an additional slot on Selection Sunday. I know their job is to pump up their league, but not with misinformed nonsense.

Only 3 top 16 teams in the acc. With no unc, even if we end up with only 8, it will feel like 9. That being said unc is about to beat nc state and win 2 straight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom