What's the word Malik? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

What's the word Malik?

it's going to be really hard to hold on here. I still think we have a slight edge though.

I choose between 2 hats every saturday before work. Cuse blue/white/orange and Cuse grey/orange. Would love if Malik's choices were simliar.
That would be a pretty boss move from a recruit. Three hats from the same school.

Staff really needs to keep Brown on board. That kid will be a great player.
I guess all the bright lights usually can sway a kid. Do you guys think the attendance factor plays a big role in his decision?

I guess all the bright lights usually can sway a kid. Do you guys think the attendance factor plays a big role in his decision?

I agree, we need to hold onto this kid. That be a tough one to lose at the end... ugh lets get this whole thing over with...

Or last visit is what sticks in your mind. I remember how excited he seemed when he visited here in December and commited the next day. Hopefully he can remember how much that visit meant to him at the time and look past the glitz of last weekend conjured up by the johnny come latelies.

Well let's hope that Porter and Greer don't know what they are talking about.

Malik Brown, DE, Dwyer
Jeff: A few weeks ago Syracuse was a slam dunk for Brown. But Tennessee relentlessly pursued Brown, a ferocious edge rusher who’s added 30 pounds of muscle. If a kid says he’s confused 72 hours ahead of signing day, and he’s committed to your program, it’s not a good sign. Tennessee flips Brown and gets him to go to the SEC.
Matt: Whew. Once Brown knows where he’s going, it’s going to be a big weight off his shoulders. Brown’s a friendly kid who built a good rapport with the coaching staffs of several programs, which only caused him more headaches. He committed to Syracuse because he felt comfortable, then Tennessee came in and made him think twice. It’s going to be hard to say no to an SEC program, especially one where he has a close friend in Dwyer alum Curt Maggitt. Tennessee is my pick.

Malik Brown, DE, Dwyer
Jeff: A few weeks ago Syracuse was a slam dunk for Brown. But Tennessee relentlessly pursued Brown, a ferocious edge rusher who’s added 30 pounds of muscle. If a kid says he’s confused 72 hours ahead of signing day, and he’s committed to your program, it’s not a good sign. Tennessee flips Brown and gets him to go to the SEC.
Matt: Whew. Once Brown knows where he’s going, it’s going to be a big weight off his shoulders. Brown’s a friendly kid who built a good rapport with the coaching staffs of several programs, which only caused him more headaches. He committed to Syracuse because he felt comfortable, then Tennessee came in and made him think twice. It’s going to be hard to say no to an SEC program, especially one where he has a close friend in Dwyer alum Curt Maggitt. Tennessee is my pick.

We got one of those too!

I've never been into the whole twitter thing, however, these past couple of weeks have been an eyeopener to say the least.
Still not confortable with documenting your every move online like sooooo many do. But somehow is becoming such a big influence in recruting weather good or bad or fair or unfair or legal/illegal. It has become mainstream!
With that in mind I noticed a lot of UTenn fans giving MB lots of love like the younger crowd would say and believe me he is very receptive to that. On the other hand not so much coming from 'Cuse fans and I DO KNOW WHY.
I am not saying we should implore to the kid to sign with us or break the rules, but some 'real' messages to reinforce how much of a recruting get he means to this calss won't hurt.

I could only think there is so much the coaching staff can do when they go see him. The portion of fan base that is actively online should be a part to the equation as well...of course, all in good faith as I believe these kids do like to be wanted.

Just my two centavos (cents)!

Julian Whigham says that most ACC teams recruit against the SEC and the ACC wins their fair share.

And of course Brown is receptive to the UT fans on his twitter site. He's 17 or 18 years old and kids love attention. The more people showing him the love on twitter the better if you ask me.

I've never been into the whole twitter thing, however, these past couple of weeks have been an eyeopener to say the least.
Still not confortable with documenting your every move online like sooooo many do. But somehow is becoming such a big influence in recruting weather good or bad or fair or unfair or legal/illegal. It has become mainstream!
With that in mind I noticed a lot of UTenn fans giving MB lots of love like the younger crowd would say and believe me he is very receptive to that. On the other hand not so much coming from 'Cuse fans and I DO KNOW WHY.
I am not saying we should implore to the kid to sign with us or break the rules, but some 'real' messages to reinforce how much of a recruting get he means to this calss won't hurt.

I could only think there is so much the coaching staff can do when they go see him. The portion of fan base that is actively online should be a part to the equation as well...of course, all in good faith as I believe these kids do like to be wanted.

Just my two centavos (cents)!
I'd be willing to bet that the same UT fans "showing the love" to MB would turn on him in an instant and spew hatred if he decides to attend another school. Hopefully he is not taken in by the insincere affection that he is being shown.

Did I read somewhere on this forum that he was announcing his decision at noon today? Guess that was off.

Malik Brown, DE, Dwyer
gee, what a shock they assume the SEC team steals the kid from SU - I put no weight whatsoever in those 'opinions'

Jeff Greer@jeffgreer
Dwyer DE Malik Brown is now listed as "TBA" for intended signing tomorrow. Will pick between #cuse #USF and #Vols

So the previously posted announcement time is now TBA or does he sign tomorrow?
And please gentlemen, I am only posting what I read out there. No assumptions made.

Just my own feeling when he started taking other visits just looking for another destination. Have to remember these are young men just getting used to the world, easily swayed by bright lights.

Just my own feeling when he started taking other visits just looking for another destination. Have to remember these are young men just getting used to the world, easily swayed by bright lights.
I don't trust UT and btw F UT. I feel towards them like Marsh feels about UConn.

I don't trust UT and btw F UT. I feel towards them like Marsh feels about UConn.
Why Deano, how does Marsh feel about UConn? This is all news to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom