What's the word Malik? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

What's the word Malik?

So I take it that Shafer himself didn't show up or was that poorly written?

I agree. He would only be visibly nervous if he is flipping. Maybe he has a good nights sleep and comes to his senses.

we never get that kid. The one that is confused the night before the big decision.

Orange :)

Yup. Usually when the parents play a big role and have more than just an NFL dream in mind, Syracuse comes out ahead. The only exceptions are when SU is going head-to-head against a school that's perceived to be better academically. Not the case here.

He is basically the last recruit right?

We moved on past LaRay
Thomas didn't visit
Jones doesn't have an offer

Am I missing anyone?

I find it interesting that he has a brother playing at New Mexico State. Being that he's giving family advice and part of the decision I would love to hear what his advice is.

He is basically the last recruit right?

We moved on past LaRay
Thomas didn't visit
Jones doesn't have an offer

Am I missing anyone?

I wouldn't rule out any of those three.

A poster here has said LaRay is torn and Syracuse is still an option.
Thomas didn't visit but that doesn't necessarily mean he isn't coming here.
Why are you assuming Jones doesn't have an offer?

Reading the quotes from Malik that Cohen is tweeting this morning makes me think he has flipped to Tennessee for sure.

Michael Cohen@Michael_Cohen13
"I called one of the SU coaches because of the rumor (about Marrone), and they told me, ‘No way. He’s not leaving at all.’" - Malik Brown.

@
Michael_Cohen13
"Syracuse has a great fan base, but I think Tennessee's fan base is much stronger." — Malik Brown last night.

Doesn't sound good.

Yup. Usually when the parents play a big role and have more than just an NFL dream in mind, Syracuse comes out ahead. The only exceptions are when SU is going head-to-head against a school that's perceived to be better academically. Not the case here.

I can attest to this. My mother worked with the mother of a big time recruit out of the Fort Myers area last year ( I won't specifically mention his name since it hits close to home, but I think some will be able to figure out who he is) and the kids mother was looking to do nothing more than cash in on the kid, both from the colleges AND from him possibly making it to the NFL. She was the type that was always trying to play the system; had a terrible work ethic, always trying to find ways to manipulate money out of something, and even went as far as to try to get her hands on the kids financial aid money after he made it to school.

The kid was the top rated running back prospect in the nation. ALWAYS in trouble. Ran with gangs in the area, and was literally handed everything by his high school coaches and his parents. His behavior was so bad that the his mother was actually worried about him living to make it to Florida State, where he eventually committed to, because of the crowd he was running with. There were a slew of gang-related murders in the area and the kid was friends with most of them.

Back to the mom. Through the whole recruiting process, she did everything and anything she could to try to kanive money out of both Tennessee and FSU. Both coaches made promises to get him of course, but as far as I know no money was handed out. After the kid committed, the mother was insistent on FSU paying her way to all of his games and stuff. It was crazy. Basically after he committed, they cut her out. The up bringing and surroundings of these kids, along with the parents, makes money a HUGE factor in the decision making process, and the coaches know this and will definitely play to it to get a LOI.

Michael_Cohen13[/SIZE][/COLOR][/U][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/URL] "...but I think Tennessee's fan base is much stronger." — Malik Brown last night.

Doesn't sound good.
[/quote]

Must be because they're all tweeting him

Michael_Cohen13[/SIZE][/COLOR][/U][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/URL] "...but I think Tennessee's fan base is much stronger." — Malik Brown last night.

Doesn't sound good.

Must be because they're all tweeting him[/quote]
and maybe some negative recruiting by Butch and co.

Doesn't sound good.

Must be because they're all tweeting him[/quote]

Yeaq, thats exactly it. Nothing to do with an emtpy Dome or being lied to by Marrone's staff.

Yeaq, thats exactly it. Nothing to do with an emtpy Dome or being lied to by Marrone's staff.[/quote]

Lied to...lol...more internet urban legends

Yeaq, thats exactly it. Nothing to do with an emtpy Dome or being lied to by Marrone's staff.[/quote]
Do you think the staff lied or just didn't know what his plans were.

better watch out i got yelled at a few weeks back for even suggesting Marrone's staff lied to the recruits

Yeaq, thats exactly it. Nothing to do with an emtpy Dome or being lied to by Marrone's staff.
Do you think the staff lied or just didn't know what his plans were.[/quote]

look at Brown's quotes. when the marrones to nfl came up brown said someone from the staff called him and said, those are rumors, marrone isn't going anywhere

better watch out i got yelled at a few weeks back for even suggesting Marrone's staff lied to the recruits[/quote]
You've only been on the board a few weeks.

Hell of a way to get started.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom