When Dungey scrambles, things open up big-time. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

When Dungey scrambles, things open up big-time.

Off the top of my head 0-3, at Minny, Miami at home '96, at NCST '98.

Maybe twice against Temple, too, both of which we won by a lot. He played badly at the Vet.

I'm curious if Dungey's athleticism is now something the staff might look at more in the future regarding grading future QB prospects? I have to admit having Devito be athletic is a fantastic asset that the team already has for the future as well.

I'm curious if Dungey's athleticism is now something the staff might look at more in the future regarding grading future QB prospects? I have to admit having Devito be athletic is a fantastic asset that the team already has for the future as well.

I've thought about this as well. Having a dynamic QB like Dungey adds such a key element to this offense. Keeps safeties frozen when he leaves the pocket and allows his players to break free downfield.

I think I have heard HCDFB mention that he thinks a mobile QB who is a dual threat is actually a big advantage. But, he always quotes 2 drawbacks that keep him from going that route though.

1. Most mobile QBs have a hard time lasting a season without getting hurt. Eg. Downside outweighs upside.

2. Most mobile QBs get less accurate as the game goes on because of fatigue. (He has noted that Dungey’s accuracy does NOT seem to be affected by his running)

I think I have heard HCDFB mention that he thinks a mobile QB who is a dual threat is actually a big advantage. But, he always quotes 2 drawbacks that keep him from going that route though.

1. Most mobile QBs have a hard time lasting a season without getting hurt. Eg. Downside outweighs upside.

2. Most mobile QBs get less accurate as the game goes on because of fatigue. (He has noted that Dungey’s accuracy does NOT seem to be affected by his running)

True and A smart mobile QB is a good thing especially if he has been taking car of his body (lifting+) and doesn't run foolishly. I think a lot of QB's that can't move get hurt often due to their lack of mobility. Ask any DC and he'd rather have a guy stay in the pocket.

This Jim Ross voiceover of Dungey's dropkick on the Miami safety is everything. I can't.

Dungey at Miami:

13/41
137 yards
0 TDs
4 INTs

100 yards rushing

Additionally:
  • Severely broken throwing hand
  • Dismantled rib cage
  • Thousands of cuts and bruises
  • 6 concussions
  • Broken neck
  • Torn right hamstring
  • Lost his left leg

(tongue-in-cheek, of course.)

Kid is a GD warrior. Gawd love him!

Dungey at Miami:

13/41
137 yards
0 TDs
4 INTs

100 yards rushing

Additionally:
  • Severely broken throwing hand
  • Dismantled rib cage
  • Thousands of cuts and bruises
  • 6 concussions
  • Broken neck
  • Torn right hamstring
  • Lost his left leg

(tongue-in-cheek, of course.)

Kid is a GD warrior. Gawd love him!

His head wasn't in the game because he has a big debut on WWE Raw coming up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom