When Hughes fell, | Syracusefan.com

When Hughes fell,

no. in fact the officials were wrong to stop play last game when chukwu went down. if the offense has the advantage play is only stopped for a major medical injury. wasn't the case either time. glad it was only a minor ankle roll.

no. in fact the officials were wrong to stop play last game when chukwu went down. if the offense has the advantage play is only stopped for a major medical injury. wasn't the case either time. glad it was only a minor ankle roll.

I think OP was saying the travel should have been called and stopped play.

JB cited 2 blown lay ups in his post press. i'm guessing it was hughes and carey. said it impacted the game.
and had the shot gone in some would be complaining about the travel call...

Last edited:
I kept seeing everyone complain about our guys slipping on that end of the court. FSU had no problem in 2nd half on that end. Maybe our guys are just clumsy

How do you propose to determine if something is a major injury in real time?

well ...like when they return to play next whistle ? you don't stop a break for a flop.they whistled the ball dead for chukwu and it turned out to be nothing. see where i'm going here ? if they score it's 30 secs tops.

Yup. Go back to the “He Got Game” Jordan 13’s. Pretty sure he played well in those. And they’re not a flimsy, support-less sock like the KD’s.
Those are nice thinking of buying a pair. I just got the jordan 3 retros.

well ...like when they return to play next whistle ? you don't stop a break for a flop.they whistled the ball dead for chukwu and it turned out to be nothing. see where i'm going here ? if they score it's 30 secs tops.
No I don't. Chukwu was in serious pain (from knee to knee contact) and Hughes suddenly crumbled to the court while driving for an uncontested basket. Each could have suffered a serious injury, and there was no way anyone could have determined they hadn't in the moment.

pain ok. but he wasn't having cardiac issues. or bleeding out. like the dome at the 5 minute mark last night.
you get knocked down no foul called and the other team has a runout chance for easy points they earned them.

I kept seeing everyone complain about our guys slipping on that end of the court. FSU had no problem in 2nd half on that end. Maybe our guys are just clumsy

In fact I did notice 2 FSU players not counting Terrence Mann go down on the north end of the court on the opposition bench’s side. I saw Brissett and Hughes slip (Hughes multiple times) and fall there too. On SU’s bench side end of the court where Hughes fell hard, I didn’t notice the same thing.

i saw guys dressed in green with green mops on the ESPN replay. are those mops sticky or slimey ?

A travel

stop on a travel call

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom