When JB does retire | Syracusefan.com

When JB does retire

Toga

Living Legend
How do folks think he would be as a studio guy doing games? I think if paired with the right team, he could be anywhere from good to awesome. Could be fun to watch. They could have him participate some nights from Delmonicos.

Maybe for comedic value? I never got the sense that Boeheim was very detailed in any sort of presser or interview. Not that he isn't in real life or behind closed doors but in front of the camera I never thought he was very good at speaking about basketball in detail. More of a verbal thing.

I love Boeheim in interviews. Central NY charming (in his own way) straight shooter. I bet he would be better than Bobby Knight.
Maybe he could do a Gruden thing with kids declaring for the draft.

I would love his half time analysis.

Coach what does Memphis have to do to get back into this game, they've had some early foul trouble and their big man went down with an ankle sprain towards the end of the half.

-Make some shots

Alright, we'll be back with some more Big Monday after this commercial break.

I would love his half time analysis.

Coach what does Memphis have to do to get back into this game, they've had some early foul trouble and their big man went down with an ankle sprain towards the end of the half.

-Make some shots

Alright, we'll be back with some more Big Monday after this commercial break.

Haha! Yeah. Fail.

I love Boeheim in interviews. Central NY charming (in his own way) straight shooter. I bet he would be better than Bobby Knight.

Except he doesn't watch film supposedly.

Except he doesn't watch film supposedly.
I disagree. I have seen jb when he really gets in to it. Much better than what we see from Vitale, Digger or just about any other coach.

Cranky and upfront. He could be good. I don't know if he has it in him to do it.

Does crankiness play with a big audience?

I disagree. I have seen jb when he really gets in to it. Much better than what we see from Vitale, Digger or just about any other coach.
wrong. jb doesn't know bball. he onle played grant because dirty got hurt. if not he plays u like he did Roberson. that is a recipe for failure. h missed josh pace and laz simms' this year Patterson and tyler r. hes best with a ennis, no brainer. he has no aptitude for post offense or developing a bench.

wrong. jb doesn't know bball. he onle played grant because dirty got hurt. if not he plays u like he did Roberson. that is a recipe for failure. h missed josh pace and laz simms' this year Patterson and tyler r. hes best with a ennis, no brainer. he has no aptitude for post offense or developing a bench.
okay, you are down in Florida. haven't watched one practice and yet you speak of playing roberson and Patterson like you know. Let's all agree on this Igor, you have no idea whether those guys are any good. Just like Eric Williams. Just like Cole. Just like Sam Spann. Remember he was better than Duany.

okay, you are down in Florida. haven't watched one practice and yet you speak of playing roberson and Patterson like you know. Let's all agree on this Igor, you have no idea whether those guys are any good. Just like Eric Williams. Just like Cole. Just like Sam Spann. Remember he was better than Duany.
i'm a great evalulator. I saw tyler snd Patterson/ I saw cole. remember his competition. I also saw grant jb tried to dis him. h even never mind jb is without fault

i'm a great evalulator. I saw tyler snd Patterson/ I saw cole. remember his competition. I also saw grant jb tried to dis him. h even never mind jb is without fault
Igor, I have been meaning to ask, you claimed in the past that you were close friends with bernie Fine. In your travels down in Florida, you guys keep in touch?

Igor, I have been meaning to ask, you claimed in the past that you were close friends with bernie Fine. In your travels down in Florida, you guys keep in touch?

Even though nothing may have happened, still, the word "touch" in the same sentence with Bernie kind of gives me the creeps.

The sports networks are not picking very many 70 year olds these days. They seem to be shunting Vitale onto the sidelines and he was their super star.

I think JB would have been good, but he has stuck with his day job too long for it to work now.

no strictly su bball friendly. we played bball together in early seventies

no strictly su bball friendly. we played bball together in early seventies
not the impression you once gave but okay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom