When JB retires will Wildhack go outside of the program for our next HC | Syracusefan.com

When JB retires will Wildhack go outside of the program for our next HC

I hope we go outside. Not saying Griff or Red wouldnt be solid but we need a fresh start. The Ollie, Mullins, Patrick moves are ok still i hope we go big with a proven HC

It will be a tricky process mainly because potential recruits would like to know who they will be playing for.
So what do you tell them? We'll have a great coach to lead you? We'll be promoting ??? to head coach?

Or do we just bite the bullet and let the chips fall where they will for 2 or 3 years while we look for a new coach once JB steps down?
I sure wouldn't want to be the one making that decision because it looks like a no win deal to me.

We kicked the can down the road and 4 years from now the situation isn't going to be easier to navigate. It's like a bad report card - you can forget it at school for a month but eventually your parents have to sign it. I don't think we will return to elite status under JB and replacing him will keep us in neutral for a while too. We better make major hay and have the chips fall for major wins in the last years of the JB tenure or IMHO the kicking the can down the road will go down in history as a major fork in the road of SU hoops.

Im actually torn on this. I posted that i hope we go outside the program but that is only if we hire a proven coach from a solid program. Id be good with a Buzz type but still its a crap shot.
I dont know about any of the current coaches. This one is going to be tough.

He should. Hop will get a look. Wright should get a look. Buzz too.
Wright should get a look? He wouldn't come here. And schools rarely hire from inside their own conference. It's considered bad form.

Im actually torn on this. I posted that i hope we go outside the program but that is only if we hire a proven coach from a solid program. Id be good with a Buzz type but still its a crap shot.

Buzz has the most talent he’s ever had this year and isn’t better than us. I don’t want to pick a coach just because we think he’s aesthetically pleasing. As good as people think he is JB has a great record against him.

The coach should have been Hop had JB retired, but our ignorant fans ripped him when he lost a bunch of games when JB was suspended.

our current crop of assistant coaches are eminently qualified to coach any community college in the USA.

Good god why won’t people shut up about Wright coaching Syracuse. He ain’t leaving Nova and he’s approaching 60 himself.

^ This. ^

The only place Jay Wright is going after Nova is the NBA.

Take Ryan Blackwell right out of high school coaching, he is the real deal.
Weren't there people here who didn't like the way he was coaching Boeheim's Army last summer?

In other words, just hire someone who is going to be successful here.