When JB retires will Wildhack go outside of the program for our next HC | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

When JB retires will Wildhack go outside of the program for our next HC

If forced to choose someone other than Ryan Blackwell, Kevin Willard.

Jay Wright is a great coach.

Jay Wright will be 60 when JAB walks out the door with Buddy in March/April of 2022.

Would not be a prudent hire.

I don't think Wright will ever leave Villanova because he has built something there over a long period of time. He is coach for life there. He will never have that level of institutional respect/support anywhere else that he has at Nova right now. Big East is good enough to remain a "national" league of perceived quality at the top. His track record ensures his teams, when good, are going to be taken seriously.

What does he gain at SU, except maybe a chance to compete with Duke and UNC and win another title or two against those guys. Even at age 6o, he'd be a dozen years younger than Boeheim is right now, and if I got 10 years of Jay Wright after Boeheim, I would be freaking thrilled.

But I just don't see that happening.

We should be looking at someone in their late 30s to early 40s, with a couple good stints behind them as head coach, background as a good recruiter. Good energy, relates to younger athletes, seems contemporary and dynamic.

We should be looking at someone in their late 30s to early 40s
Hopkins is mid 40's
with a couple good stints behind them as head coach
Hopkins HC at a major program, long time assistant
background as a good recruiter.
Mike Hopkins
Good energy
Mike Hopkins
relates to younger athletes
Mike Hopkins
seems contemporary and dynamic.
Mike Hopkins