When JB retires will Wildhack go outside of the program for our next HC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

When JB retires will Wildhack go outside of the program for our next HC

I want our next coach to be someone who installs an entirely new mindset/strategy/philosophy to our program. A "Dino Babers" type who is young, energetic and aggressive.

I'm tired of the zone. I'm tired of our iso-style brand of offensive basketball. I want to shake things up.

In other words, I definitely don't want GMac or Autry as the next HC (both of whom I respect and appreciate tremendously).

"Dude, even I think that's a ridiculous suggestion." -Ryan Blackwell
Ryan didn't say that Eric. He would be not much different than Josh Pasternack.

Ryan didn't say that Eric. He would be not much different than Josh Pasternack.

His name is Josh Pastner and he was a college assistant for 7 years before he got a head coaching job. Tell me you're just trolling again and not this dumb.

His name is Josh Pastner and he was a college assistant for 7 years before he got a head coaching job. Tell me you're just trolling again and not this dumb.
Do you remember everyone's name perfectly? The fact of the matter is I can see that Blackwell has IT, just like I could see Marrone had IT. Ryan Blackwell reminds me of a young Ed Cooley. Boeheim took over when he was raw, Ryan is the same guy in a different era. Also living and coaching in Asia for 5 years is something special.

Wright should get a look? He wouldn't come here. And schools rarely hire from inside their own conference. It's considered bad form.

Whether or not Wright will come, it's worth reaching out to him. And I've never heard of hiring from within the conference being an absolute no fly zone. That would be asinine, imo.

“We should hire Ryan Blackwell! He could be the next Josh Pastner.”

Nah.
Really I'm saying he is the next Boeheim, Pastner reference was just about a young guy getting a big chance like Josh did at Memphis.

Whether or not Wright will come, it's worth reaching out to him. And I've never heard of hiring from within the conference being an absolute no fly zone. That would be asinine, imo.

10 years ago sure. Or when we joined the ACC.

I’ll throw this out there ...Greg Paulus

When JB retires in 4 or 5 years he will be 61 or 62. It’s makes zero sense from either side. ZERO.

Whatever happens, I hope we don't become a revolving door of coaches like football. I want someone that will at least have staying power.

I want our next coach to be someone who installs an entirely new mindset/strategy/philosophy to our program. A "Dino Babers" type who is young, energetic and aggressive.

I'm tired of the zone. I'm tired of our iso-style brand of offensive basketball. I want to shake things up.

In other words, I definitely don't want GMac or Autry as the next HC (both of whom I respect and appreciate tremendously).

Funny thing about change. Sometimes things get better. Sometimes things stay the same. And many times things get worse ... even way worse.

But at least you won't be bored.

Funny thing about change. Sometimes things get better. Sometimes things stay the same. And many times things get worse ... even way worse.

But at least you won't be bored.

I think Jim Boeheim is a Top 10 coach in the history of the sport and they should build a statue of him on campus right after he retires. But it's just time. Similar to Bobby Bowden at the end.

Hire Bobby Hurley, before Duke calls, he is an east coast guy, obviously knows upstate NY, played in the ACC, big-time winner, instant credibility and he will cost us less than $4M per year
We are NEVER getting the Jay Wright, I could see him as the next HC @ UNC or KU making $6.5M per year easy

I think Jim Boeheim is a Top 10 coach in the history of the sport and they should build a statue of him on campus right after he retires. But it's just time. Similar to Bobby Bowden at the end.

We knew what this team was gonna be in August. And then TT bailed.

I want to see what he can do with this team + Carey, Baz, and B.B.

We knew what this team was gonna be in August. And then TT bailed.

I want to see what he can do with this team + Carey, Baz, and B.B.

Yes agree, just so difficult to stomach

Not the same conference

That would be your opinion.

No one with any power agrees with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom