When will Chris Bleich receive an NCAA waiver? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

When will Chris Bleich receive an NCAA waiver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lorenzo Lingard - RB transfer from Miami To UFlorida Has already been granted a waiver for to play immediately for the Gators.

The NCAA is a @#$$%& joke -- what a sham of an institution, on every level.
It's pretty great that they expedited Locksley's QB's approval, and they aren't playing, and we might play, Bleich transferred much earlier, and we're either waiting on a ruling or an appeal.

It's pretty great that they expedited Locksley's QB's approval, and they aren't playing, and we might play, Bleich transferred much earlier, and we're either waiting on a ruling or an appeal.
I would guess if the NCAA said no, and Syracuse appealed the decision, they would have gone public with this. It could only help them to get some sympathetic writers supporting Chris and SU on this.

One would think they would process these in the order they were received. That seems fair. Like you said, if a league isn't playing this fall, their cases should go to the back of the line.

Maybe the NCAA needed more info on his case. That is the only acceptable explanation for this. In that case, again, I would think SU would provide an update if this were the case.

It is very hard to understand or support the NCAA when they consistently do these kinds of things. It is like they are trying to be hated.

I would guess if the NCAA said no, and Syracuse appealed the decision, they would have gone public with this. It could only help them to get some sympathetic writers supporting Chris and SU on this.

One would think they would process these in the order they were received. That seems fair. Like you said, if a league isn't playing this fall, their cases should go to the back of the line.

Maybe the NCAA needed more info on his case. That is the only acceptable explanation for this. In that case, again, I would think SU would provide an update if this were the case.

It is very hard to understand or support the NCAA when they consistently do these kinds of things. It is like they are trying to be hated.
Or the NCAA is just a bunch of imbeciles. Historically that’s been the case.

there should be full transparency over these decisions. can you imagine.

This makes me wish that all of these rumors about the P5 breaking away from the NCAA would come true.

This makes me wish that all of these rumors about the P5 breaking away from the NCAA would come true.
The P5 would just create another entity that would end up being the NCAA again lol

HIPA doesn't kill transparency over transfers between schools. It has nothing to do with it. They don't have to disclose injuries at all.
Oh. so you are saying NCAA or any school can discuss medical issues openly in your transparency???? If player A wants to be closer to home due to a medical reason...you are Ok with that being disclosed as a reason for approval or denial??

The P5 would just create another entity that would end up being the NCAA again lol

Maybe, maybe not.

That is certainly a risk, but the NCAA is so piss-poor, ineffectual, and congenitally incapable of moving that we've come to this inflection point.

It would be one thing if the NCAA showed that they could be flexible, that they were focused upon contemporary issues, and that they could demonstrate positive reform. Or hell -- that they actually ENFORCED their rules and leveled the playing field for members.

But in actuality, they are arbitrary and capricious, and a sham of an enforcement body -- so here we are.

Oh. so you are saying NCAA or any school can discuss medical issues openly in your transparency???? If player A wants to be closer to home due to a medical reason...you are Ok with that being disclosed as a reason for approval or denial??
We want transparency in the process.

If a player has an application in, where is it in the process?
Why was his transfer approved or rejected?
If it's medical related, the NCAA can say "medical related" without it violating HIPA.

No one is asking for the actual medical condition.

Maybe, maybe not.

That is certainly a risk, but the NCAA is so piss-poor, ineffectual, and congenitally incapable of moving that we've come to this inflection point.

It would be one thing if the NCAA showed that they could be flexible, that they were focused upon contemporary issues, and that they could demonstrate positive reform. Or hell -- that they actually ENFORCED their rules and leveled the playing field for members.

But in actuality, they are arbitrary and capricious, and a sham of an enforcement body -- so here we are.
My only point is that NCAA is made up of its members so the idea that the P5 “breaking away” would solve all of the inefficiencies and other issues is kind of far-fetched.

I’m far from the biggest fan of the NCAA but, like most things, it’s not as bad as those who hate it make it out to be. We’ve gotten shafted by them before so ‘Cuse fans have more disdain than most and I get that. But I’d rather stick with the status quo (assuming NLI and immediate transfers happen) than risk uprooting the system completely.

We want transparency in the process.

If a player has an application in, where is it in the process?
Why was his transfer approved or rejected?
If it's medical related, the NCAA can say "medical related" without it violating HIPA.

No one is asking for the actual medical condition.
The original post said "FULL TRANSPARENCY".
Ok, and if it is a mental health issue??? You would want your child's issue put out there because Mr. fan needs FULL transparency??

HIPA kills the idea for many NCAA waiver applications becoming transparent.

doesn't seem like this would be a privacy issue for medical reasons or any other reasons. They should at a minimum have a stated standard process and stated requirement guidelines. You either meet them or you don't. Injuries, sickness, parental health all of the stuff does not need be revealed. The cloak and dagger stuff just makes it all arbitrary. Who's pockets are getting lined?

The original post said "FULL TRANSPARENCY".
Ok, and if it is a mental health issue??? You would want your child's issue put out there because Mr. fan needs FULL transparency??
I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE MEDICAL PART!

MOST of us here are wondering why Bleich's transfer hasn't been approved when multiple QBs that went to an SEC school already had theirs approved; especially when they applied a long time after he did. So transparency would be nice.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE MEDICAL PART!

MOST of us here are wondering why Bleich's transfer hasn't been approved when multiple QBs that went to an SEC school already had theirs approved; especially when they applied a long time after he did. So transparency would be nice.
Nice redirect...Ok, I'd like to know why Bleich's waiver is still outstanding too. Ok??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom