When will we be Syracuse again? | Syracusefan.com

When will we be Syracuse again?

Cuse House

All American
We used to know how to win, this team knows how to lose. Losers mentality, there was no fire in our guys until the last two mins (Except for G & Lydon). They should be embarrassed to wear that jersey.

I think not knowing how to win is Syracuse. There are many more games that we are expected to win and we lose.

Next year! The new era can finally begin!
Agreed - I think we will bring back Richardson and Lyndon, and Roberson. We've been hurt in the past when players left before they were ready. There guys will come back. With Chukwu and Coleman we will have some depth in the middle and two strong freshman will round out what should be a top 25 team.

Agreed - I think we will bring back Richardson and Lyndon, and Roberson. We've been hurt in the past when players left before they were ready. There guys will come back. With Chukwu and Coleman we will have some depth in the middle and two strong freshman will round out what should be a top 25 team.

Lets hope, I can see Richardson leaving.

Lets hope, I can see Richardson leaving.

Yep, I've learned not to assume anything. Many of these highly ranked high school guys think of college ball as nothing more than an audition. Even if the audition isn't great, they're willing to take the leap because they're here for themselves and not for Syracuse. Very few decide to stay because next year the team might do some damage in the tourney with them on board. The lure of money trumps any and all other loyalties.

I hope that doesn't come across as bitter because it's not meant that way. I say good luck to them.

To where? People like to rag on Trevor and Malachi isn't much more efficient than him.

The same place that Ennis, Grant, and Cmac all went before they were ready.

I think not knowing how to win is Syracuse. There are many more games that we are expected to win and we lose.
768578.gif

The same place that Ennis, Grant, and Cmac all went before they were ready.

He's the 55th ranked freshman according to NBA draft express. Lydon is ranked higher than him.

I know...it hurt to write it...but it is sort of true. How else can you expect to be like 6-14 against mediocre PITT...and louisville owns us among others.

Now apparently Fsu does.

doc05 said:
Yup -- the expectations weren't there for this year. It was always about 2016-2017 -- that team has to make some noise.

I wouldn't get your hopes too high for next year. The backcourt will be young and unsettled. There's no telling whether Battle can play the point and, if not, it will be Howard, who has a lotto work on. Battle needs to learn to play the the 2 in the zone. A lot of questions.

I expect next year to be another 18-20 win season.

Yup -- the expectations weren't there for this year. It was always about 2016-2017 -- that team has to make some noise.

I would have thought a team with two 5th year senior guards could have at least made the tournament.

I wouldn't get your hopes too high for next year. The backcourt will be young and unsettled. There's no telling whether Battle can play the point and, if not, it will be Howard, who has a lotto work on. Battle needs to learn to play the the 2 in the zone. A lot of questions.

You crazy.

I think as usual somebody will step up and be senior leader...Lydon and Mali have gotten a ton of experience...and the biggest reason they could be better is the turnover machine (missed shots) Cooney will be gone.

AZOrange said:
You crazy.

We'll see.

I'd feel differently if we had a very good PG returning, but we don't.

I think you're going to be surprised.

Battle is not better than Gbinije.

orangenirvana said:
He doesn't have to be.

Disagree.

The game is guard driven.

More precisely, point guard driven.

Gbinije isn't a good PG, but he's carried this team because there's not much else around him.

There will be more support next year, but they'll be breaking in a freshman PG who really isn't a point.

And if they hand to fall back on Howard, the offense suffers because he doesn't score.

Disagree.

Gbinije isn't a good PG, but he's carried this team because there's not much else around him.

There will be more support next year, but they'll be breaking in a freshman PG who really isn't a point.

And if they hand to fall back on Howard, the offense suffers because he doesn't score.
Howard doesn't have to. I'd love to see what he can do with 25 mpg setting guys up.

OrlandoCuse said:
Cooney has never been a gamer. Started in the Final Four in Atlanta and has never changed.

Yup. Incredibly unclutch.

Disagree.

Agree with all of this but am very optimistic about Battle. Howard isn't in his league, imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom