When will we be Syracuse again? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

When will we be Syracuse again?

Why not? We all said the same things about Ennis, Grant,Cmac.
Well, then you could say the same thing about Howard. Or Lydon. Mali isn't getting drafted. He was the 4th best freshman on the floor today.

I really hope we design the offense around Lydon next year. If he could ever improve his handle, he will be the best forward we've had since Warrick. It's so easy for him to make shots.

Agree. He has a great ability to slip the defender in the paint. Just needs a better finishing touch. It will be there all game for him next season.

Nobody else outside the SU paranoid fan bubble is thinking this. He's a damn fool if he leaves.

Of course not, but we have been burned too many times before.

Why not? We all said the same things about Ennis, Grant,Cmac.
Ennis and Grant were lottery picks. CMac was always going to be a one and done not matter what. Unless Mali came into this year knowing for a fact he was a one and done, he ain't leavin

I feel like talking to some of you guys in public about Syracuse would be as painful as pulling teeth. I have never met more Debbie Downers in my life. Maybe it's just an internet thing but I just picture a bunch of middle aged dudes who would spout off in the bar about how great the 80's teams were and how we'll never have teams like that again. Just smile. One time.

Edit: "middle-aged dudes" was not meant as an insult. Nobody get sensitive.

We're just not a top program anymore. The big boys are always in the top 15-20 every year, 2 years since we've been in the top 25 at this point in the season. This trend SUCKS. I'm not going to go off about how we have no center, or the high pick and roll that never works, or giving our 5 the ball 30 feet from the basket looking lost with the ball in his hands...or...

We're just not a top program anymore. The big boys are always in the top 15-20 every year, 2 years since we've been in the top 25 at this point in the season. This trend SUCKS. I'm not going to go off about how we have no center, or the high pick and roll that never works, or giving our 5 the ball 30 feet from the basket looking lost with the ball in his hands...or...

2 years of bad teams that are/would have been on the bubble makes us not a top program anymore. How is that logical?

This program has always been just a notch below Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, and North Carolina. Two disappointing seasons in a row does not take this program off of the map.

The US military hasn't won a war in a while. Must not be a top military anymore.

Golden State lost a basketball game a little while ago. Must not be at top all-time team anymore.

Apple's stock dropped a few dollars. Must not be a top tech company anymore.

You get the picture.

We're just not a top program anymore. The big boys are always in the top 15-20 every year, 2 years since we've been in the top 25 at this point in the season.
Actually it's more like 3 years if you go strictly based on how the team was playing. That Ennis team had nothing left in the tank at season's end.

As Syracuse fans our best survival tactic has been convincing ourselves that we're victims of circumstance... that we'll be rewarded if we just have a little more patience... just a little more. A couple years back 2015-16 was supposed to be the year of our resurgence. And next year is supposed to be elite but we've already identified built-in excuses if we disappoint yet again.

Syracuse basketball: where magic happens... next year.

Last edited:
Ennis and Grant were lottery picks. CMac was always going to be a one and done not matter what. Unless Mali came into this year knowing for a fact he was a one and done, he ain't leavin
Grant went in the 2nd round.

This is such a sad thread. Whatever else, We Are Syracuse! We've had a superb run for decades. We've had down years with longer periods of anguish at times, but we've also had a lot of great players & teams. I expect we'll have more, during the Boeheim era and beyond. A significant group of Americans calls themselves SU fans and turns out in droves to cheer them on. The fans that have set records for attendance at the Carrier Dome speak volumes for the state of the program and the product produced by the exceptionally talented players that choose to play for SU. This has been a tough year. We all feel it and mourn our hopes for this season, but our down years are as good as many programs can aspire to. We Are Syracuse and have great things to look forward to. Keep the faith...

We should be loaded next year. I think it will be back to being ranked all season and spending a lot of time in the top 10 type of team. More depth, fewer holes, and Richardson and Lydon should develop into legit college bball star players.

We'll see.

I'd feel differently if we had a very good PG returning, but we don't.

I think you're going to be surprised.

Battle is not better than Gbinije.

By next year, Richardson might be though. Gbinije wasn't Gbinije until about halfway through his Redshirt Junior season. Malachi is way better at the same point in their respective careers.

Ennis and Grant were not lottery picks. Their leeches maybe told them that, but Ennis went 18 and Grant was 2nd round.

By next year, Richardson might be though. Gbinije wasn't Gbinije until about halfway through his Redshirt Junior season. Malachi is way better at the same point in their respective careers.

Richardson next year better than G this year? Come on, Gs putting up an all American type year and does it wit the ball in his hands most of the game.

Both had their "daddy dearest" tell them they were lotto picks.

I wonder what they would have done if they knew this would have been the result.

Not going to say no regrets but they're still in the league, not sure about that second contract though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom