when will we get that Electric kid again | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

when will we get that Electric kid again

Couple more games like the last one, yeah, we'll be on our feet hoping to see something special every time they line up.

For sure.. especially against ACC comp.

They are both off to great starts statistically *and* are not what they will be. I think last week got the ball rolling and I don’t see many teams that can do what Clemson did position/talent wise to shut them down.

Defense on the other hand...

Looks like BC can find themselves an "electric" player or 2 here:

prod_17103735324

Is this only regulated to offensive players? Because Alton Robinson and Andre Cisco are very electric players.

Trill Williams ff against Liberty is in the convo with:

Slayton’s bouncing Kelly Bryant off the turf like he was playing basketball.

The flea flicker to Sales

Dyshawn Davis’ attempt at murder vs Rutgers resulting in the fumble td return

Is this only regulated to offensive players? Because Alton Robinson and Andre Cisco are very electric players.
We have had athletes on defense going back to Marrone.
The Jones brothers, Sprull, Franklin, Lynch.
This year's roster Robinson, Coleman, Black, Trill, Meli, Cisco.

We just don't have the athletes on offense that are barn burners. We have talent but again we haven't had an NFL draft pick at the skill positions since Mike Williams and Delone Carter.

Our best guys AET, Custis, Ishmael, Estime none of them were picks. Dino has NFL draft picks on this roster but they are all right now on defense. The offense prospects need to pop.

Does Moe Neal gain draft consideration if he breaks 1100 and 10?

He’s not on pace to do so, but I still have faith he’s capable of a huge season.

Does Moe Neal gain draft consideration if he breaks 1100 and 10?

He’s not on pace to do so, but I still have faith he’s capable of a huge season.

Highly unlikely.

I would charge the beaches of Blackwater Bay and storm the Black Gate of Mordor with Dino Babers.

That being said recruitment’s not above criticism and it’s been a little average. I have faith we have some surprises for the second half of 2019 though.

I don’t mean to criticize Dino here because this is like a 20 year thing spanning like 5 different coaches.

Hopefully the upgraded facilities and consistent winning will make a difference. Would be nice if we could get in that 25-40th best rated class range fairly often, rather than basically living in the 50’s.

I mean...just put one stud NFL WR or RB on last year’s team. Could’ve put us over the top in the two close losses? Just one gamebreaking play could’ve won it. I’d love to see what Dino could do offensively with Qadry Ismail or a Rob Moore and a Delone Carter in the mix.

I don’t mean to criticize Dino here because this is like a 20 year thing spanning like 5 different coaches.

Hopefully the upgraded facilities and consistent winning will make a difference. Would be nice if we could get in that 25-40th best rated class range fairly often, rather than basically living in the 50’s.

I mean...just put one stud NFL WR or RB on last year’s team. Could’ve put us over the top in the two close losses? Just one gamebreaking play could’ve won it. I’d love to see what Dino could do offensively with Qadry Ismail or a Rob Moore and a Delone Carter in the mix.
Give us 1 elite WR, 1 elite RB, and smart decision making at QB and this offense would be really fun.

Jackson might have some better quicks than AET, just not the size/power to run thru press coverage as often.

That slant and go was impressive.. when was the last time we had WR do that?

just put Etiene in our backfield and a whole new world opens up.. you cant run 5 in the box when he bounces that outside and is gone.

yup.. and it may be better that the RS and come back a bit bigger and stronger before they really see the field..

could be a few plays those last 4 games we get to see some glimpses.

Jackson might have some better quicks than AET, just not the size/power to run thru press coverage as often.

just put Etiene in our backfield and a whole new world opens up.. you cant run 5 in the box when he bounces that outside and is gone.

Etiene is better than our guys -- no doubt -- but his talent / game breaking capabilities would be wasted behind a subpar offensive line.

Need to fix that situation first, otherwise no amount of electric play is going to actualize the offense's potential. We need to give Tommy and extra second or two to do his thing, and not force him to run for his life. We need to be able to pick up a yard or two on short yardage situations, instead of not getting any push. And we need to be able to open holes and let the good players we already have get to the second level on rush attempts, instead of plunging into a scrum with little room to maneuver.

Electric skill players on college teams are game-changers. Prime example was when we played LSU so close in 2015 (Fornette). Same thing with last year's games against WMU (Eskridge/Bellamy), UNC (Newsome) and even BC (Dillon) and Pitt (Collison). Take any of those players and put them on our team behind a decent OL - and we beat LSU and Pitt and win by wider margins against WMU, BC and UNC. That's why it's so exciting to get guys like Jordan and Benson.

Last edited:
Offensive game-breakers on college teams make a huge difference. I never appreciated that until we played LSU so close in 2015 (Fornette). Same thing with last year's games against WMU (Eskridge/Bellamy), and UNC (Newsome) and even Pitt (Collison). Take any of those players and put them on our team behind a decent OL - and the score isn't close or we beat Pitt easily. That's why it's so exciting to get guys like Jordan and Benson.

Yup. He wasn’t a superstar player, but I thought Estime’s speed was huge for our team when we had him. He was the kind of burner we had on every single SU team in the 90’s and early 00s, and had been missing for a really long time.

I know people are going to laugh and he's not a star, but thought Riley was fairly dynamic the second half of last year. I also think Jawhar Jordan will be a stud if he stays on top of his grades when he gets his chance

Recruiting’s been breathtakingly mediocre for 15 years

Sad thing is even MAC teams have skill players that get drafted. Antonio Brown (CMU), Corey Davis (WMU), Kareem Hunt (Tol), Kenny Golladay (NIU), James Starks (UB), Julian Edelman (Kent), Diontae Johnson (Tol), Scott Miller (BGSU)

This is what I’m saying. It’s been 4 games and Jackson is on a tear. And it’s not peak efficiency for the O - yet. Tommy, too.

Waiting for electric players while we have two already (maybe more - I’m not giving up on Harris). I’ll wait for y’all to catch up :)

Think about this we have gone through Doug Marrone 4 years, Scott Shafer 3 years, and Dino Babers 3 years and none of them thus far have recruited a skill position player who was drafted and played in the NFL.

That has to change. It’s not that hard.
Carter and Williams were GRob recruits.

Isn't QB techincally a skill position? Or are we talking just the flex positions? RB/WR/TE? ...Actually was Nassib a Marrone recruit or a Grob recruit?

Isn't QB techincally a skill position? Or are we talking just the flex positions? RB/WR/TE? ...Actually was Nassib a Marrone recruit or a Grob recruit?

Grob

This is a fairly useless thread as there is absolutely no agreement as to what constitutes an “electric” player.

I’m waiting for someone to nominate Evan Adams. The “Big E.”

I’d go Erv, Estime, Riley. And an honorary to Dungey simply because he was our best playmaker in 20 years.

If we can agree that Eskridge and Bellamy are electric players for WMU — and they are — then Cordy has to be the human power outage.

Put both of them out, Eskridge for the year. No celebrating injuries obviously, but perhaps the reason we won that game.

On offense tristian is clearly our most electric guy . Jordan will be one don’t know what the hold up is ? I watched the Wm game start to finish last night ( I’ve watched it a few times but mostly select plays ) I saw the end of 3rd qtr out to Harris that throw was insane I can’t believe the announcers where more concerned with the qtr ending than the play
It was more than an NFL throw if that’s possible! Acc gave tommy honerable mention
And listed 1 big time throws I guess referring to the bomb but man they missed that one ! Not trying to dis the team but if you put tommy in for tua or Trevor he would probably do the same or better but that’s the what if game conversely if you put tua and Trevor in Tommy’s spot are they heisman stats or contenders ? hate to debate these things but it’s slow week