Where's Carmelo gonna end up next season? | Syracusefan.com

Where's Carmelo gonna end up next season?

http://nypost.com/2017/04/14/phil-jackson-tells-the-world-its-time-for-carmelo-to-go/

It really started with Carmelo doing it to himself. He wanted to leave Denver for NY and he wanted the max for himself. It forced the knicks to strip the cupboards bare to obtain him so they could give him the home team max deal. Melo could have just left Denver as a free agant & signed with the Knicks giving up nothing. At that time the Knicks had a nice young nucleus featuring Gallinari and Chandler and Melo would have been a great fit with that group. Instead, it stripped the Knicks of all of their young assets plus future draft picks. They had nothing left to build with & get some pieces around him.

Phil came in and re-signed Carmelo, but as a result of the Denver deal and the Bargnani deal the Knicks still had zero assets. Phil has now been in three years. Last season he gave it a shot to try and win w Melo by acquiring Rose, Jennings, Lee, and Noah plus he had drafted Porzingus. It sure looked like it was going to be a playoff team. Unfortunately, the talent never jelled & the Knicks got worse & worse as the season progressed (until tank time, when, of course, they decided to win a few meaningless games that cost them some ping pong balls).

Phil has certainly made some mistakes. His biggest being the Noah signing, but say what you will, Phil has drafted well when given the chance and he has held onto and even acquired additional draft picks.

For the first time, in terms of young assets and draft picks Phil has the Knicks back to at least ground zero. It will be a multi-year rebuilding process. Melo does not need to be a part of that. I do have an issue with the dis-respect Phil has shown Melo, but maybe there was no other way to get Melo to the point of waiving his no-trade clause.

As a Knick fan and as a Melo fan, I hope the likely soon to be parting of the ways works out well for both parties.

It just burns me that Phil is trying to make Melo the bad guy that has ruined the Knicks.

Melo has been nothing but a professional through this whole clown show. Phil on the other hand has tried to bury any responsibility for what has happened over the last few years. He would like everyone to forget he got Melo to stay by promising he'd get him help to make them a contender.

Phil and Dolan deserve each other.

Bill Simmons suggested
Carmelo to Clippers
Blake Griffin to OKC Thunder
Enes Kanter for the triangle to Knicks.

The Knicks will be a dumpster fire for the foreseeable future. Melo should want to go to a team that has a real chance to contend and make a run in the playoffs. There are a few. OKC team with Westbrook, Clippers, Washington would be interesting with Wall and Beal, Atlanta.

If Miami could work out the logistics, Melo and Wade to Miami is a possibility.
Miami wouldn't pay Wade last offseason why would they trade for his awful contract from Chicago?

Melo isn't going to a rebuild in Miami.
He will go to LA or Cleveland. He has a no trade clause.

th

Miami wouldn't pay Wade last offseason why would they trade for his awful contract from Chicago?

Melo isn't going to a rebuild in Miami.
He will go to LA or Cleveland. He has a no trade clause.

Wade has a player option if I'm not mistaken. I'm not saying it's the most likely scenario buy it's possible.

Miami isn't rebuilding. They have talent there. Freeing up the money would be the tricky part

Wade has a player option if I'm not mistaken. I'm not saying it's the most likely scenario buy it's possible.

Miami isn't rebuilding. They have talent there. Freeing up the money would be the tricky part

I think they finished the season something like 30-11, they have talent, and Miami is a great place to live, I could see Melo going there.

Come to Boston Melo.
Boston didn't want him. Stevens didn't like the fit.
Boston is gunning for Gordon Heyward this offseason.
That plus a top 4 draft pick.
Guaranteed one of Fultz/Ball/Jackson/Monk in a draft with 4 legit good options IMO.

Boston didn't want him. Stevens didn't like the fit.
Boston is gunning for Gordon Heyward this offseason.
That plus a top 4 draft pick.
Guaranteed one of Fultz/Ball/Jackson/Monk in a draft with 4 legit good options IMO.

ef Gordon Heyward.

Will never forgive him.

Exactly. Phil's been very disappointing. He's putting it all on Melo & taking no responsibilities for his own role. Quite lame.

He is a clown, he goes out of his way to praise Rambis, then says the bucks stops with him, and then throws Hornacek under the bus.

Phil Jackson is doing whatever he can to get fired so he gets to keep Dolan's money and go away.

He doesn't care about the job and he doesn't want to leave 24 million dollars by quitting. He wants to piss off Melo, play the triangle to drive people insane and get himself fired.
However Berman from the Post won't ever criticize anything done by a Knicks executive.

Phil wants to get fired but he won't so he will do crazy stuff.

Phil Jackson is doing whatever he can to get fired so he gets to keep Dolan's money and go away.

He doesn't care about the job and he doesn't want to leave 24 million dollars by quitting. He wants to piss off Melo, play the triangle to drive people insane and get himself fired.
However Berman from the Post won't ever criticize anything done by a Knicks executive.

Phil wants to get fired but he won't so he will do crazy stuff.

Berman is a tool, Isola is much better, he will criticize anyone.

Wherever he wants with his no trade clause. My guess is he would only waive it to play with Bron or CP3.

Phil sticking with the triangle and then doing this is terrible. The only good thing that's happened is Porzingis and he was basically forced into that pick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom