Where's Carmelo gonna end up next season? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Where's Carmelo gonna end up next season?

IMG_8952.jpg

Melissa should say:
I want to play in NY. I have zero confidence Phil can make a trade to make our team better, and improve my playoff chances.
I think the Knicks would be better off with a proven GM. I am not accepting a trade.
If I am waived, there is nothing I can do about that.

Melissa should say:
I want to play in NY. I have zero confidence Phil can make a trade to make our team better, and improve my playoff chances.
I think the Knicks would be better off with a proven GM. I am not accepting a trade.
If I am waived, there is nothing I can do about that.
Spell check got you?

It just burns me that Phil is trying to make Melo the bad guy that has ruined the Knicks.

Melo has been nothing but a professional through this whole clown show. Phil on the other hand has tried to bury any responsibility for what has happened over the last few years. He would like everyone to forget he got Melo to stay by promising he'd get him help to make them a contender.

Phil and Dolan deserve each other.

100% yet like a douche I'll continue to keep rooting for the knicks. maybe Orr jumping to GTown is a sign cause he's why I got in the NYK way back when anyhow.

Jax is terrible for the Knicks. of course he's better than Isiah.

Dolan sucks (but I'll be giving him money for the NYR next week)

wonderful life

100% yet like a douche I'll continue to keep rooting for the knicks. maybe Orr jumping to GTown is a sign cause he's why I got in the NYK way back when anyhow.

Jax is terrible for the Knicks. of course he's better than Isiah.

Dolan sucks (but I'll be giving him money for the NYR next week)

wonderful life
Isaiah at least was trying to be competitive. Failed miserably, but he tried.

Jackson... who knows what he's doing.

I don't pay attention to all the player/contract management stuff the way some people on here do, so please set me straight. With his max contract does he even have a chance to get traded to a decent team? It seems like a team would have to give up a talented player that's probably younger or a bunch of expiring contracts for the Knicks to be interested. Either way, that sounds like a team that would put Melo in the same losing situation he's in now.

With regards to winning, he screwed himself with his two previous big moves. He either prioritized location and payday over winning or had no clue how to put himself in a winning situation.

From the standpoint of being a Syracuse fan it makes me sad. I really wanted the best pro from Syracuse during the JB era to lead a team to a championship(s). Specifically for Melo, I'm pretty apathetic about it. He's had control over his career moves and has made an absurd amount of money.

Last edited:
Honestly is there a worst situation in the entire NBA besides the Knicks. He would literally be better off anywhere else.

The only franchise in sports that is worse would be the Browns.

I don't pay attention to all the player/contract management stuff the way some people on here do, so please set me straight. With his max contract does he even have a chance to get traded to a decent team? It seems like a team would have to give up a talented player that's probably younger or a bunch of expiring contracts for the Knicks to be interested. Either way, that sounds like a team that would put Melo in the same losing situation he's in now.

With regards to winning, he screwed himself with his two previous big moves. He either prioritized location and payday over winning or had no clue how to put himself in a winning situation.

From the standpoint of being a Syracuse fan it makes me sad. I really wanted the best pro from Syracuse during the JB era to lead a team to a championship(s). Specifically for Melo, I'm pretty apathetic about it. He's had control over his career moves and has made an absurd amount of money.
I might be wrong, but a team with sufficient cap room should be able to take Melo on and offer very little back once it's the off-season, if the Knicks are willing to take whatever they offer. And Melo agrees to it.

I might be wrong, but a team with sufficient cap room should be able to take Melo on and offer very little back once it's the off-season, if the Knicks are willing to take whatever they offer. And Melo agrees to it.
I guess that's part of my question. Doesn't that describe just another crappy team that Melo would have no interest in? Are there any teams out there that fit your description that are only one good scorer away from being a contender?

I guess that's part of my question. Doesn't that describe just another crappy team that Melo would have no interest in? Are there any teams out there that fit your description that are only one good scorer away from being a contender?
I think the Timberwolves could be interesting.

Melo reuniting with Chandler out in Phoenix could be interesting.

Both are currently under the salary floor.

Isaiah at least was trying to be competitive. Failed miserably, but he tried.

Jackson... who knows what he's doing.

everything was wrong with the way he was hired and there are way more minuses than pluses with the decisions he's made so far. hell, its easy to say he lucked into his best "move" yet in getting Kristaps by failing to tank properly

Last edited:
Too bad Jimmy Dolan cares more about this than good management.

Is melo to OKC a possibility at all? If that ever happened, I would immediately become an OKC fan overnight.

Melo and Waiters join forces in Miami with Goran, Hassan and James Johnson. Coach Spo inspires Melo for a final run at a ring under a REAL basketball executive...Upstate NY's own Pat Riley.

Melo to Spurs. He needs to be under the guidance of a HOF coach, which is something he hasnt really had throughout his NBA career.

I think the Timberwolves could be interesting.

Melo reuniting with Chandler out in Phoenix could be interesting.

Both are currently under the salary floor.

I believe there was some friction between the two at the end of Chandler's run in NY.

My main question is does this indicate Melo has softened on where he's willing to accept a deal to, or is Phil just being Phil? (I know which way I'm leaning)

I believe there was some friction between the two at the end of Chandler's run in NY.

My main question is does this indicate Melo has softened on where he's willing to accept a deal to, or is Phil just being Phil? (I know which way I'm leaning)
I think Melo and the Zen master both have two years left on their contracts.

Not that things are Melo's fault, but if so, but the Knicks should probably just blow it all up at that point.

Melo isn't going anywhere, no team that has a chance at a championship is taking on an aging star with a max contract.

Melo isn't going anywhere, no team that has a chance at a championship is taking on an aging star with a max contract.

It's not a max contract in the current landscape though. 26-27 million a year isn't a max anymore.

I think Melo and the Zen master both have two years left on their contracts.

Not that things are Melo's fault, but if so, but the Knicks should probably just blow it all up at that point.

I wonder if he exercises his player option after next season. He'll be 34 next off-season, what kind of deal is he looking at?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom